Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sods

Leicestershire County Cricket Club

Its getting worse, 29/8 off 12 overs David Masters has 7 for 5 off 6 overs. :frusty:

Within the week before that, a mate of mine played against David Masters and he went for loads, somehting like 11 over, 65 for 0!

I've not heard the end of his demolition of Leicestershire CCC off my cricket mates since.

The t20 victory over kent and ultimate final win has given me some ammunition in response though!

Is he only on a t20 contract?

Full contract but missed loads of championship and pro 40 games due to injury / aussie a call up / ipl / personal matters - is he married.

Ironically, the non playing ipl stint gave us some more money enabling us to pay for razzaq.

One of the domestic t20 players of the season but rumour has it his visa has expired and he doesn't meet the criteria to get a new one for next season...info apparently on RL a month or so ago.

Full contract but missed loads of championship and pro 40 games due to injury / aussie a call up / ipl / personal matters - is he married.

Ironically, the non playing ipl stint gave us some more money enabling us to pay for razzaq.

One of the domestic t20 players of the season but rumour has it his visa has expired and he doesn't meet the criteria to get a new one for next season...info apparently on RL a month or so ago.

Re: Razzaq - 90% likely to be the case.

Here's hoping otherwise though.

• 2 weeks later...

Our 20/20 really has masked an absolutely appalling domestic campaign.

We will be struggling to hold onto county status with more championship performances like this season.

I hear on RL a few nights ago that they are looking to secure and experienced middle order batsmen and an overseas player for next year. The batting performances have been embarrassing at times this year and certainly need to improve.

This is how I see it next year:

Jefferson

Boyce/Smith

Taylor

Overseas (Batting all rounder)

New Bat

Eckersley

White

Naik

Henderson

Hoggard

Buck

Don't think it will be good enough to challenge unless the new bat is Darren Stevens or someone of that ilk.

I hear on RL a few nights ago that they are looking to secure and experienced middle order batsmen and an overseas player for next year. The batting performances have been embarrassing at times this year and certainly need to improve.

This is how I see it next year:

Jefferson

Boyce/Smith

Taylor

Overseas (Batting all rounder)

New Bat

Eckersley

White

Naik

Henderson

Hoggard

Buck

Don't think it will be good enough to challenge unless the new bat is Darren Stevens or someone of that ilk.

Think Hoggard's contract is up and I'm not sure he should get another one. Henderson's age and fitness means he might not appear in too many 4-day games either.

You have the biggest ground and hosts the most international matches in the country.

With the resources at your disposal you shouldn't even be in the 2nd division :whistle:

But the MCC own Lords? I'm actually not sure how the arrangement works between Middlesex and the MMC for using Lords lol I only got properly into county cricket a year or so ago (hence my support of my local team, Middlesex).