Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sods

Leicestershire County Cricket Club

Just now, HybridFox said:

Brilliant result but why is this tournament so rushed? Quarters on Friday. Semis on Sunday.

Already dwindling attendances in the domestic game how do you expect fans to leave work and just turn up on minimal notice?!

Same as last year basically as has previously been pointed out. ECB trying to sabotage it as much as possible. 

Guessing the club will be trying to make Friday a day nighter. Isn’t it correct they’re only allowed the floodlights on past 8pm ish for a certain number of times in a season? However the game against Warks was over before the floodlights even came on, so they might be able to wrangle it.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Cakey said:

Then the semi on Sunday I think. 

They hate us don't they

It’s all counties to be fair. 

Spare a thought for Worcestershire. Home QF, but because New Road is hosting England lions they have to play at Edgbaston against…Warwickshire. Scandal. 

Edited by Lionator
  • Like 2
  • Sad 1

22 minutes ago, Cakey said:

Then the semi on Sunday I think. 

They hate us don't they

Just don’t understand it. Why the rush? As if folk are going to be able to make it down with 2 days notice for an 11am start, on a weekday. 

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, goody2028 said:

Just don’t understand it. Why the rush? As if folk are going to be able to make it down with 2 days notice for an 11am start, on a weekday. 

When you compare the fact the T20 quarter finals are in September, make it make sense 

Edited by HybridFox
  • Like 3

40 minutes ago, HybridFox said:

Brilliant result but why is this tournament so rushed? Quarters on Friday. Semis on Sunday.

Already dwindling attendances in the domestic game how do you expect fans to leave work and just turn up on minimal notice?!

These dates have been in the ECB calendar since the start of the season. It’s not a surprise. Qualifying might be to some but I diarised it in February! 

18 minutes ago, Beagle said:

These dates have been in the ECB calendar since the start of the season. It’s not a surprise. Qualifying might be to some but I diarised it in February! 

Regardless it's a shambles of a schedule on the ECB's part. I'd argue it's even worse that they knew it.

It wasn't confirmed that we'd playing at home until today. I'm sure some would have travelled away. And not everyone is local to Leics either. There are other costs involved - travel, accommodation. Blocking out the day is one thing. It's unfeasible to account for something that can happen anywhere in the country that will be confirmed 2 days before.

It's not like Finals Day we know it will be at x ground on x date 

Edited by HybridFox

43 minutes ago, HybridFox said:

Regardless it's a shambles of a schedule on the ECB's part. I'd argue it's even worse that they knew it.

It wasn't confirmed that we'd playing at home until today. I'm sure some would have travelled away. And not everyone is local to Leics either. There are other costs involved - travel, accommodation. Blocking out the day is one thing. It's unfeasible to account for something that can happen anywhere in the country that will be confirmed 2 days before.

It's not like Finals Day we know it will be at x ground on x date 

Yep. Completely agree with all that. They just don’t care about this tournament. 

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, worth_the_wait said:

Yep.  All more the reason for us fans to take it seriously, and show those tossers up for what they are.

Correct. I've been at several games this year at both Grace Road and Derby, and the attendances have looked better than last year.

The other thing that strikes me is how difficult is it for the club to find hotel rooms for the players and support staff at such short notice for the away games in the middle of August. The semi final - if we should be so lucky - is in Taunton, a busy overnight stopover for holiday makers travelling to the South West.