Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sods

Leicestershire County Cricket Club

12 hours ago, Sunbury Fox said:

Rehan's bowling looks like it's gone backwards over the last couple of seasons, sadly. Arguably he's a better batsman now. 

Funnily enough the same thing was being said by another idiosyncratic, non-textbook leg spinning all-rounder c.12 years ago, who was coming in as low as number 9 for this country.

If Rehan's career trajectory get anywhere close to following Steve Smith's (sandpaper aside), we may just take it.

14 hours ago, when_you're_smiling said:

You’re not going to pick more than one leg spinner in domestic conditions and Rashid’s still doing the business. 

Fair point but England have shown with the axing of Bairstow Jordan  and Ali that they are looking at moving away from the old guard regardless of form. Imo they are sticking with Rashid because they have lost faith in Rehan

Rehans batting gives him an extra plus when England are looking for a number 8 in overseas conditions. He's going to struggle to get a game in this country though. He needs to pick up some oversees gigs over the winter so he can perfect his bowling skills. 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Graceroad said:

Fair point but England have shown with the axing of Bairstow Jordan  and Ali that they are looking at moving away from the old guard regardless of form. Imo they are sticking with Rashid because they have lost faith in Rehan

I know where you’re coming from, but leg spin is a bit different to other disciplines. You’re more likely to want an experienced head given a leggie is more likely to get it wrong at times.

Also not sure the selectors care what he does for Leics. They don’t seem to for Hull with the red ball this season. Ahmed’s international bowling ave is still decent at 23 and 25. I don’t know if his brother is a leg spinner too though?

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, when_you're_smiling said:

I know where you’re coming from, but leg spin is a bit different to other disciplines. You’re more likely to want an experienced head given a leggie is more likely to get it wrong at times.

Also not sure the selectors care what he does for Leics. They don’t seem to for Hull with the red ball this season. Ahmed’s international bowling ave is still decent at 23 and 25. I don’t know if his brother is a leg spinner too though?

Agree they don't care what you do in CC we seen that with Rehan Hull and countless others when players first get selected they go on potential think they care more second time around though if Rehan plays a test again think he have to earn it

• Like 1

6 hours ago, RowlattsFox said:

Rehans batting gives him an extra plus when England are looking for a number 8 in overseas conditions. He's going to struggle to get a game in this country though. He needs to pick up some oversees gigs over the winter so he can perfect his bowling skills. 

It's an extra plus if he's  taking a few wickets if not you may as well go with Will Jacks or Liam Livingstone

6 hours ago, RowlattsFox said:

I think Ahmed could go any way currently.

Could end up a top order bat who bowls a bit and is handy when it's turning.

Could be a genuine all rounder.

Could be a bowling all rounder whose useful when you need someone to come in and score quick runs.

He's had such a weird career with hardly any second xi cricket and early England appearances that it's not clear what his strongest suite will end up being. Even for us he's been shuffled all over the order, when he scored that ton at 5 I thought that was where he'd stay and still think he could end up there in the longer format whilst still bowling a fair bit and also being a genuine all rounder in white ball cricket. Leggies always get extra hype and he's not a bad one but I think his batting could be stronger.

Edited by CrawlingFox

2 hours ago, when_you're_smiling said:

He is. Thought he looked alright against us for a 16-year-old kid on pro debut.

• Like 1

Out of interest how many on here will be renewing membership next year? Looking at the many comments on social media the majority  will be joining  myself in new renewing.Its certainty  a new idea trying to double membership by doubling the price don't think even Gonch Gardner or Arthur Daley would have thought that one up

21 minutes ago, Graceroad said:

Out of interest how many on here will be renewing membership next year? Looking at the many comments on social media the majority  will be joining  myself in new renewing.Its certainty  a new idea trying to double membership by doubling the price don't think even Gonch Gardner or Arthur Daley would have thought that one up

That’s what happens when you employ a new business manager! He’s probably responsible for the live stream charging idea too! 

30 minutes ago, Graceroad said:

At this moment in time I don’t think I will be renewing.

48 minutes ago, Graceroad said:

Was going to get a membership for the 1st time. 

Won't be now as it was really just to help the club as I can rarely get over

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Lako42 said:

Was going to get a membership for the 1st time. 

Won't be now as it was really just to help the club as I can rarely get over

Think that's the same for many. A good few members  think long and hard about renewing  mainly because of fhe fixture list but do so mainly out of habit and to help the club out this is just a step too far imo

Well I will renew and the 5 guys I go with but I understand why people won't.

It's the way it was done really rather than the money for me, It's one extreme to another. 

Previously felt it was good value or even cheap tbh but you can't just hike the price up like that. 

It's not enough to put me off still represents good value imo but we should have been consulted. Poor show really. 

But we are hooked and will renew

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Graceroad said:

Really can’t justify the price hike. As much as i want to continue supporting the club I won’t be renewing either. 

18 minutes ago, goody2028 said:

Really can’t justify the price hike. As much as i want to continue supporting the club I won’t be renewing either. 

Honestly think they will backtrack on this even Adrian the chap in a wheelchair who's barely missed a match in the last 20 years isn't renewing