Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sods

Leicestershire County Cricket Club

2 hours ago, SemperEadem said:

Fuming at the price rise.

You ans me both I was one who let the club keep my membership fee in 2020 and this is the way we get treated.Will be using my cousins  Notts  membership to attend games next season

23 hours ago, Stadt said:

Holland signs permanently 

Good signings and brings experience that we need.

Which players are out of contract this season? Is it Evans, Swindells, Walker and Salisbury? Has Budinger got another year left?

Lot of great young talent at the club now. Madan got runs in the current second XL game. Jigar Naik doing a good job.

Edited by MaidstoneFox

19 minutes ago, MaidstoneFox said:

Which players are out of contract this season? Is it Evans, Swindells, Walker and Salisbury? Has Budinger got another year left?

Lot of great young talent at the club now. Madan got runs in the current second XL game. Jigar Naik doing a good job.

He signed a two-year deal at the end of the 2022 season so with Holland now here, Budinger may be on his way.

Evans certainly putting himself in the shop window after a brilliant century yesterday.

2024 First-class bowling averages from today's XI (Wright and Wood n/a). We probably need to take 20 wickets to win the match - 7 bowlers with 27 between them all season. :blink:

2024-2024 3 5 96.0 22 274 5 4/64 54.80 2.85 115.2 - - - -
2024-2024 8 9 170.0 25 594 9 3/30 66.00 3.49 113.3 - - - -
2024-2024 5 5 91.4 6 431 6 2/64 71.83 4.70 91.6 - - - -
2024-2024 10 10 72.5 4 336 4 1/21 84.00 4.61 109.2 - - 9 -
2024-2024 3 4 64.0 4 292 3 1/15 97.33

2 hours ago, MaidstoneFox said:

Walker out on contract end of season same i think for Evans Swindells and Salisbury both got another year left

At Leicestershire County cricket club every match is more then just a game.Its a chapter in the story we've  been writing together, Whether  your cheered us on from the stands or supported from afar your passion has been at the heart of our journey. Email from the club who writes this crap?

26 minutes ago, Beagle said:

Fantastic double century from Sam Evans today for the second eleven. We were chasing 497 to win and are 448-3 at lunch!!

Should get the last few games to make a stake. Open with him and Patel and Holland can bat further down given his bowling workload.

12 minutes ago, Tommy Fresh said:

We gave Swindells a 2 year contract because of 1 innings lol

Maybe but they gave Ben Cox a 3 year contact who averages 27 compared to Swindells 26 and twice the money. Accept Cox is a better keeper but he's made some clangers this season the sitter off Patel v Derby in the T20 springs to mind

12 minutes ago, Graceroad said:

Maybe but they gave Ben Cox a 3 year contact who averages 27 compared to Swindells 26 and twice the money. Accept Cox is a better keeper but he's made some clangers this season the sitter off Patel v Derby in the T20 springs to mind

I'm not debating who's better, but we were going to let Swindells leave weren't we, he had one very good and important innings so we've gave him a two year deal. Which is idiotic considering we've signed Cox who is obviously first choice and they clearly aren't overly bothered about playing Swindells. Add in to that we also have Hill and Handscomb who can keep if needed, it's a terrible decision. You can't criticise Jarvis and the club and seemingly ignore this decision because you have a soft spot for Swindells.

Edited by Tommy Fresh
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Tommy Fresh said:

I'm not debating who's better, but we were going to let Swindells leave weren't we, he had one very good and important innings so we've gave him a two year deal. Which is idiotic considering we've signed Cox who is obviously first choice and they clearly aren't overly bothered about playing Swindells. Add in to that we also have Hill and Handscomb who can keep if needed, it's a terrible decision. You can't criticise Jarvis and the club and seemingly ignore this decision because you have a soft spot for Swindells.

Agree we shouldn't  give out contracts based on one innings but felt at the time  and even more so now we are in a financial  mess that we didnt need to sign Cox. Like you say we have Handscomb and Hill and I think Swindells is an OK keeper batsman with scope  to  improve.  He will also be one of the lowest earners at the club.Personally  I would have not signed Cox and would have given Harry a 1 year deal

Decent weather here today and good day out. 300 be a good score. Pitch looks green considering the time of year. However may have been wet here just got back from Spain so I don't know. But looks incredibly green for August. 

In fact 250 may be good

Edited by Cakey

1 hour ago, CrawlingFox said:

Should get the last few games to make a stake. Open with him and Patel and Holland can bat further down given his bowling workload.

Nottinghamshite will be offering Evans a couple of years after today's knock!

2 hours ago, chrishlcfc said:

Kimber is out of contract and bar one or two innings hasn’t done enough to earn a new deal

I'd probably agree with that.

He's had one big innings which defies description but outside of that has been pretty poor.

If there is room in the budget I'd probably keep him as a white ball player though, he's capable of box office batting and whilst he's had a fallow year he could win us 3 or 4 Blast games next season if he's on song. I doubt he's on big money and importantly doubt we can afford many others with that destructive potential.

• Like 1

The bump up in membership price is financially inept.

I'd get some sort of membership to support the club despite living 100 miles away but not if they are on the fleece.

They are also over-egging the effect of membership subs.

800 members at, say, £150 a year brings in the chicken feed of £120,000 per annum.

2,000 members at £100 brings in much more.

If you look at how other clubs are adapting it's about sweating their assets, bringing in much better external revenue (not daft concerts) and if you look at what Lancs are trying to do, courting an overseas benefactor in the form of an IPL team.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Voll Blau said:

Jarvis is on the latest Cricketer podcast...

Interesting conversation, but I don't think he's able to justify that big increase in membership prices. If anything membership numbers will go down, you are fighting a losing game there, both with schedules and Father Time. What he doesn't mention is that football and rugby are generally scheduled at weekends and evenings, when most people have time off work. Why would you pay more for something that is increasingly scheduled on the margins of the season and worst weather and at times everyone is least available to go watch. 

Sounds like the streaming paywall has been a failed experiment, but the lesson there is don't launch something until you have the right product.

Things I've heard about him have been very negative around the game in Leicestershire and he does seem a bit amateur and lacking in proper research. Much as I feel Ian Holland is a good signing, he is hardly indicative of "the kind of calibre of player we are now attracting". He's still a 33 year-old (nearly 34) journeyman USA international - batting ave 26/bowling ave 31, shame they aren't the other way round.