Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sods

Leicestershire County Cricket Club

Nothing to do with Leicestershire CCC but i`ll put it on here anyway.

Former England quickie Graham Dilley as died at the age of 52. I`ll never forget his match winning partnership with Botham against the Aussies, fantastic !

And who could forget....

Lilley.. c Willey.. b Dilley..

Very sad news. A true legend!!

One of my favourite England bowlers. Great bowler, good with the bat & a gentleman.

"......the bowler's Holding............the batsman's Willey"

• 1 month later...

We are actually not far off a minor county in terms of quality at the minute. The batting next year is going to be horrific.

I understand what your saying the batting was dire in the 4 day format last season but at the end of the day LCCC did win a trophy last season and since 1991 when Durham entered the county game LCCC have 5 trophies to their name which is more than Notts and Derby can boast of, lets just hope for a couple of solid middle order batters are signed then we may be ok.

Not at all surprising but at least we got some compensation for him. We clearly need two new batsmen and we should have some money free to get some reasonable replacements. I like the lad Benny Howell from Hants, recently been released I believe. We also need an experienced head though, there has been talk of Mohammed Yousuf but I think he is too old to stand up to the rigors of a long season in county cricket. We also have Robbie Joseph training with us who could be a good signing if we kept him fit.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Read Will Jefferson's exclusive blog for Soar Magazine...

"I think we’re going to surprise a few people this year. I think the batting needs to bounce back from last year in the Championship and I think we’ve got a very passionate and hard-working coach, in Ben, who wants to go places with his coaching career. So that’s exciting for both the batsmen at the club and for Ben himself, to come in and create this positive mindset among the group."

For more see...

http://www.soarmagazine.co.uk/2012/04/05/will-jefferson-blog-frustrated-by-injury-but-excited-for-the-future/