Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sods

Leicestershire County Cricket Club

3 hours ago, Graceroad said:

Plenty of times on here I've  defended the club and players Harry Swindells last year being a case in point.Regarding Richard Rae  I think his knowledge of cricket is embrassing  considering he makes a living out of the game asking Andy Roberts if he enjoyed bowling with Alan Mullally not knowing Gareth Roderick was a wicketkeeper not knowing if David Gower was still at Leicestershire in 1985 he drops clangers like this every game. Reckon my criticism of Sean Jarvis is ;also justified  I honestly don't know anyone at the club who's got anything positive to say about him.

This is why you always fail to criticise Swindells getting a new deal

1 hour ago, chrishlcfc said:

Signing another overseas player to replace Handscomb for the last few games but according to the chief executive we’ve not got a pot to piss in. 🤷‍♂️😂

Given they're unlikely to drop Hill, why waste money on an overseas when Sam Evans is in red hot form?

• Like 1

I'm the same, quite like listening to Richard Rae on the radio, there are plenty worse out there and for a lot of his tenure he's hardly exactly had much success to work with.

I remember a few years ago we folded against Gloucester, i think at Cheltenham and he held it together really well whilst the Gloucs commentator was pretty out of order and sounded drunk, the new Gloucs commentator is much better mind.

Edited by HaroldBazBo
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, chrishlcfc said:

Think it’s quite clear Evans won’t play, even if 17 players were out injured. They’d loan someone else in instead

They seem to have a real downer on him. I mean he deserves another go. 

Apart from anything else it's a complete waste of money renewing the contract. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Lionator said:

I don't mind Richard Rae at all. I'm not sure what more you can ask for, as I'd imagine he's not being paid a great deal for what he's doing?

I'll never forget him breaking down in tears after our win at Essex.

I suspect he’s paid a pittance. He’s fine. Some of the other commentators around the country sound like they’re half way through a cheese and pickle bap and a pint of Old Thumper when they commentate. Proper CAMRA badgers 

• Like 4

36 minutes ago, Harpenden Fox said:

I suspect he’s paid a pittance. He’s fine. Some of the other commentators around the country sound like they’re half way through a cheese and pickle bap and a pint of Old Thumper when they commentate. Proper CAMRA badgers 

It's a cob 

• Haha 2

8 hours ago, Harpenden Fox said:

No idea how much he gets paid but le owns a flat in London a house in Spain owns or rents a flat near clarandon  Park during the cricket season add in the fact his children were all educated at Stamford one of the most expensive public schools in the Country he's not doing bad

14 hours ago, Chocolate Teapot said:

What happened? I thought he retired to go and work in the city? Used to play with Greg when i was a youth - nice lad.

Nothing much I was responding to a post saying Evans might sign for Notts after scoring 200 against them. Smith got a 3 year contract with them after 1 good innings at Trent Bridge  then barely scored a run for them

35 minutes ago, Graceroad said:

No idea how much he gets paid but le owns a flat in London a house in Spain owns or rents a flat near clarandon  Park during the cricket season add in the fact his children were all educated at Stamford one of the most expensive public schools in the Country he's not doing bad

Fair enough that’s obviously old money though, I doubt his bbc salary is funding that lifestyle. Perhaps that’s why he does it, because he doesn’t need anything else. 

Final three games:

Patel

Evans

Rahane

Kimber

Holland

Cox

Rehane

Trevaskis

Scriven

Green

Wood

one last chance for Evans to breakthrough at the top of the order. Experience for the two young bowlers. Forget about promotion, we’re not good enough to be promoted. Wright has struggled to take a wicket and Hill has struggled to score a run, so take them out of the firing line. And don’t waste money on a three week loan. 

So basically, reading between the lines of what Claude Henderson is saying it's basically blackmail. 'Either pay the over inflated membership prices or we won't sign any overseas players next year!

4 minutes ago, Walshy5 said:

So basically, reading between the lines of what Claude Henderson is saying it's basically blackmail. 'Either pay the over inflated membership prices or we won't sign any overseas players next year!

Glad I wasn't the only one who heard it that way too. Similarly Jarvis is saying it also but in a slightly softer way.