Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sods

Leicestershire County Cricket Club

Thought Joseph looked good with the ball today, but there was also enough in the pitch and the conditions for Wagg to cause our batsmen problems.

Not encouraged by what I've seen of this season's side so far, but not discouraged either.

Think that's his first First Class match tenfer. Good on him and a good win too!

Understand early doors (especially this early) the wicket will favour bowlers, but the batting still needs a lot of work. We're gonna be relying on Sarwan chipping in with a lot of runs otherwise.

Anyone else seen that we've been deducted 5 points because of a slow over rate? Thats very harsh and it takes the gloss out of the win.

Thats a bit of a joke i could understand it if the game ended as a draw but come on it was finished in 3 days its not as if the final result was affected by this

Think that's his first First Class match tenfer. Good on him and a good win too!

Understand early doors (especially this early) the wicket will favour bowlers, but the batting still needs a lot of work. We're gonna be relying on Sarwan chipping in with a lot of runs otherwise.

A very sensible post, spot on with the conditions favouring the bowlers, dull overcast conditions throughout , a little seam movement off the pitch combined with some good fast bowling from Joseph and swing bowling from Hoggard made batting tough for Glamorgan, as for the Leicestershire batting its arguably weaker than last season so no surprise with the low scores. LCCC need to get Will Jefferson back as he can score a 1000 runs a season and sign Joseph up asap. I do wonder where the runs will come from this season, but lets enjoy a winning start.

Ahead of the 2012 season, Leicestershire County Cricket Club's new Batting Coach Ben Smith spoke to Soar Magazine about his return to the club, how the players have reacted to his methods and his targets for the summer.

“I’ve had nearly four months before the start of the season with the players, which is a reasonable amount of time to make an impression on them and it seems to be good so far. Having the likes of Sarwan and Will Jefferson here means there is some experience in the batting department but the younger guys have played a lot of cricket as well because they’ve had the opportunities to do so. It’s up to them to stand up now and try to move themselves and the squad forward.”

For more see...

http://www.soarmagazine.co.uk/2012/04/10/ben-smith-the-lads-are-really-hungry/

Guest MattP

Apparently he's only on a short-term contract - until the end of May.

Hope he doesn't end up being poached by a richer club..

He won't, he went off the boil after a great start at Kent, we'll have the same problem.

Although its us great to see the ECB finally clamping down on slow over rates, been a gripe of mine for absolutely years.

He won't, he went off the boil after a great start at Kent, we'll have the same problem.

Although its us great to see the ECB finally clamping down on slow over rates, been a gripe of mine for absolutely years.

Give the guy a chance before you right him off! He has only played 1 game for us and looked a yard quicker than our other bowlers yet already you predict he will go off the boil, yes conditions as the season progresses will be less favourable for him but he looks well worth a contract and looks a useful addition to a small inexperienced squad.

Guest MattP

Give the guy a chance before you right him off! He has only played 1 game for us and looked a yard quicker than our other bowlers yet already you predict he will go off the boil, yes conditions as the season progresses will be less favourable for him but he looks well worth a contract and looks a useful addition to a small inexperienced squad.

Of course I'll give him a chance, just saying I hope the same here doesn't happen as what did at Kent, remember the first time I watche him in the CG final v Essex and was very impressed. Just didn't develop after that and the Lions tour really knocked his confidence as he was miles out his depth.

We'll know a big more agaisnt stronger opposition I suppose.

• 2 weeks later...

Leicestershire don't play Tests. :thumbup:

Can't see anything more than a draw from this given the weather. Wish batsmen from across the Championship would stop whinging and blaming the wickets for the low scores. It's April and the weather's crap, suck it up and wait for them all to turn pancake in a couple of months FFS.

Going well, Cobb unbeaten on 73 (99) with some good support from Sarwan 103 (186) not out at the moment.

EDIT: The BBQ kiss of death, Sarwan goes for 105.

246/4

Cobb ton, 102 (158)

306/5

EDIT: The BBQ kiss of death strikes again, Cobb out for 105 .

317/6

Edited by WTF BBQ