Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sods

Leicestershire County Cricket Club

Cobbs started season well, can see this being his last year here tbh

One of the bigger counties will come in for him to play T20 cricket (Notts probably) they seem to have enough money just to sign players just for 1 day cricket, but I hope with him being a Leicester lad he may stay. It seems in the last 10 years or so certain counties have become far wealthier than others it used to be more of a level playing field where LCCC could hold their own but not now, it really is a them and us state of affairs, can anyone realistically ever see Leicestershire winning the County Champinship again? its hard enough just to get in Div 1 when your best players keep getting cherry picked by the big boys! Time for a transfer system in cricket so the smaller counties at least get rewarded for bringing good players through, its too easy at the moment for the likes of Notts to take our players, I realise they paid compo for Taylor but they got Broad and Gurney for nothing.

Leicestershire need about 90 to win against Northamptonshire in the County Cricket 4 day.

Sarwan and Eckersley looked on course to do damage, but they have both fallen quickly after one another.

Typical Leicestershire, down to the all rounder in White and bowlers to bat us to a win.

Just checked to see if we were batting or bowling, oh and Jefferson has a golden duck.

Diamond duck wasn't it?

Quality knock from Sarwan, would've said he'd be nailed on to be called up by the Windies while they're over here but he's fallen out with their board so looks like he'll be 100% available for us.

One of the bigger counties will come in for him to play T20 cricket (Notts probably) they seem to have enough money just to sign players just for 1 day cricket, but I hope with him being a Leicester lad he may stay. It seems in the last 10 years or so certain counties have become far wealthier than others it used to be more of a level playing field where LCCC could hold their own but not now, it really is a them and us state of affairs, can anyone realistically ever see Leicestershire winning the County Champinship again? its hard enough just to get in Div 1 when your best players keep getting cherry picked by the big boys! Time for a transfer system in cricket so the smaller counties at least get rewarded for bringing good players through, its too easy at the moment for the likes of Notts to take our players, I realise they paid compo for Taylor but they got Broad and Gurney for nothing.

It doesnt help that the majority of sides have a ground used for England matches and so get money for that whilst us and other counties such as northamptonshire get left behind with the crappy England Lions vs Bangladesh A

Diamond duck wasn't it?

Quality knock from Sarwan, would've said he'd be nailed on to be called up by the Windies while they're over here but he's fallen out with their board so looks like he'll be 100% available for us.

Indeed it was, he now joins the diamond duck club of Smith and Du Toit this season.

Wayne White has impressed me this season with his bowling, he is taking a lot more wickets compared to last season and can get some valuable runs. Well done today with his fiver, looks like the match is heading for a draw.

Guest MattP

Really is looking pisspoor already to be honest already :-\

Good toss to win as well, should be in a dominant position.

Bowling has to be far better than this against average batting sides.....

Bowler

O

M

R

W Hoggard 22.0 3 66 3 Joseph 22.0 1 76 0 Buck 23.0 4 89 1 White 30.0 5 74 5 Henderson 27.0 6 75 1

Edited by MattP

Guest MattP

Plus Essex are missing Cook Shah and Bopara!!!!

lol

Quite frightening stuff tbh

Pretty sad it's the end of May and already I'm looking at the T20 as our only chance of doing anything.... :(

Wayne White got 50 off 12 balls and Eckersley got 70 off 19 balls!

Doesn't White's 50 equal the fastest 50 in cricket which was set by Yurvaj Singh against England? Amazing batting by these two, they were just warming up for T20.

Doesn't White's 50 equal the fastest 50 in cricket which was set by Yurvaj Singh against England? Amazing batting by these two, they were just warming up for T20.

I'm afraid it's not that amazing as Essex will have been tossing up some filthy bowling in order to quickly set a score that would allow a result.

You may be surpised to see someone called Mommsen in the team today, he plays for Scotland and we're taking him on trail and he's a batsmen. Interesting to see how he does as our top order have collpased recently.

Edited by NiftyFox

Early runs, now three wickets fallen in a matter of minutes.

Mercury said they recalled Du Toit because he deserves another chance, play him down the order and not at the top of it, he played pretty well when he started at 6-7 last season if I record.

Sarwan, Cobb and Eckersley seem to be running our team at the minute, everyone else is looking poor batting wise.