Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sods

Leicestershire County Cricket Club

Whitticase out! We need top order batsmen, why on earth pay Du Toit and Boyce decent money when they only score about 500 runs a season. The only way we aren't going to finish bottom is if Glamorgan carry on their batting form.

Whitticase out! We need top order batsmen, why on earth pay Du Toit and Boyce decent money when they only score about 500 runs a season. The only way we aren't going to finish bottom is if Glamorgan carry on their batting form.

Calling Whitticase out is a bit harsh since we won the T20 with him.

Was he the main reason why we won it though? The championship form has been pathetic the last couple of seasons and from first hand experience I can tell you he isn't much cop as a coach. Ben Smith would seem to be a better candidate to take us forward as a club.

Edited by SMX11

Was he the main reason why we won it though? The championship form has been pathetic the last couple of seasons and from first hand experience I can tell you he isn't much cop as a coach. Ben Smith would seem to be a better candidate to take us forward as a club.

If you would why do you think he 'isn't much cop as a coach'?

The source I know at the club is really impressed with what Ben Smith's doing batting wise. Would imagine it won't be too long before he steps up to be honest.

We do tend to produce some good young batsmen, so hopefully we'll get a year or two out of him before he inevitably fvcks off to Nottinghamshire.

If you would why do you think he 'isn't much cop as a coach'?

He is more than adequate for coaching young age groups teams/players, but I think many would question his knowledge at full county level. I admit haven't been coached by him for quite a few years but I was never impressed by what he had to say or his methods, compared with someone like Tim Boon or Jack Birkenshaw (who was driven unfairly out of the club imo) who just had something that made you listen to every last word they said. Like Voll Blau said, Ben Smith looks like a good candidate if they were going to make a change.

We do tend to produce some good young batsmen, so hopefully we'll get a year or two out of him before he inevitably fvcks off to Nottinghamshire.

And then plays for England regularly so we get the best county cricket out of them.

I can only see an innings defeat for us in the Kent game, with us possibly only taking 1pt from the game, then we travel to Glamorgan next week in a game we cannot afford to lose, now summer has finally arrived and games are not being rain affected (so no buffet bowling)I cannot see how we are going to win a game, which is exactly the same as last season. We have a losing mentality in 4 day cricket and I cannot see how we are going to get out of the rut we are in. We should be able to compete with Derby, Northants, Essex, as these are counties with a similar stature to us but we are getting left behind, why??????????

I can only see an innings defeat for us in the Kent game, with us possibly only taking 1pt from the game, then we travel to Glamorgan next week in a game we cannot afford to lose, now summer has finally arrived and games are not being rain affected (so no buffet bowling)I cannot see how we are going to win a game, which is exactly the same as last season. We have a losing mentality in 4 day cricket and I cannot see how we are going to get out of the rut we are in. We should be able to compete with Derby, Northants, Essex, as these are counties with a similar stature to us but we are getting left behind, why??????????

Look at their batting line ups and look at ours. The priority must have been to get at least 2 experienced and steady batsmen in the middle order after loosing Taylor, Nixon, Mcdonald from the order, but we only got Sarwan . It is noble standing by the likes of Boyce and Du Toit but they are never going to score consistant runs. We can never put any pressure on the opposition batsmen because of our poor first innings scores. There just seems to be a lack of good batsmen around these days.

his record in 4 day and cb40 is crap only 3 wins in both compeitions last season and only 1 win in both this season. whitticase should never been appointed in the first place and if that argument had never happened 2 years ago we would still have had boon in charge.t20 cricket is completly different form of cricket and should not be judge on that alone

For those with slightly longer memories this is Whitticases second spell as first team coach, we were in Div 1 in both Championship and the old sunday league at the time and had never been out of the top division in either when he took over, guess what happened that season.

his record in 4 day and cb40 is crap only 3 wins in both compeitions last season and only 1 win in both this season. whitticase should never been appointed in the first place and if that argument had never happened 2 years ago we would still have had boon in charge.t20 cricket is completly different form of cricket and should not be judge on that alone

For those with slightly longer memories this is Whitticases second spell as first team coach, we were in Div 1 in both Championship and the old sunday league at the time and had never been out of the top division in either when he took over, guess what happened that season.

He is more than adequate for coaching young age groups teams/players, but I think many would question his knowledge at full county level. I admit haven't been coached by him for quite a few years but I was never impressed by what he had to say or his methods, compared with someone like Tim Boon or Jack Birkenshaw (who was driven unfairly out of the club imo) who just had something that made you listen to every last word they said. Like Voll Blau said, Ben Smith looks like a good candidate if they were going to make a change.

Did you or do you play cricket professionally?

10 for 1 jefferson out. if this continues for the rest of the season than surely whitticase as got to be removed from is position this can no longer go on. even derbyshire northants and gloucestershire have over taken us in the longer format of the game