Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sods

Leicestershire County Cricket Club

lol... i dont know why i am laughing... its very sad...

Im not being funny but if our middle and lower middle is holding us up this season why not just swap them around with the top order! See how it goes for a few games!

Edited by AjcW

It is so terribly depressing but somehow funny now. I wonder how many non 20/20 games we have won in the last two years, it certainly can't be in double figures.

edit: 5th wicket gone now

Edited by SMX11

We are nowhere near promotion, we ended 2010 in such a positive way yet have fallen away so badly.

It's demoralising to think we were once so good at this form of the game.

Edited by Corky

if this was the football whitticase would not be in a job know surely the people who run this club must see this by know and relieve him of his duty at the end of the season. this cannot go on

We are worryingly, depressingly poor at this form of the game.

Bottom of the table last year and little better in the CB40, the T20 victory papered over a lot of cracks in my opinion.

There are already demands from some chairmen of bigger counties to reduce the number of first-class counties due to fixture congestion and if LCCC aren't careful, we could become prime candidates. It's genuinely worrying and we need a shot in the arm.

We are worryingly, depressingly poor at this form of the game.

Bottom of the table last year and little better in the CB40, the T20 victory papered over a lot of cracks in my opinion.

There are already demands from some chairmen of bigger counties to reduce the number of first-class counties due to fixture congestion and if LCCC aren't careful, we could become prime candidates. It's genuinely worrying and we need a shot in the arm.

I agree, the T20 success has overshadowed our poor performances last year and it still hasn't been solved.

Shambolic. What do people like Rob Taylor have to do to get a game though? Clearly quite handy with bat and ball yet this Mommsen figure just strolls in, no questions asked?

Agree with what people have said about Du Toit too. Just one of these guys who looks class in club cricket but struggles to make the step up.

Shambolic. What do people like Rob Taylor have to do to get a game though? Clearly quite handy with bat and ball yet this Mommsen figure just strolls in, no questions asked?

Agree with what people have said about Du Toit too. Just one of these guys who looks class in club cricket but struggles to make the step up.

Rob Taylor is at lough uni so can't play the four day game and only gets time for the one day game, but is in the final year of his study, while mommsen is only on a months trial i believe.

Rob Taylor is at lough uni so can't play the four day game and only gets time for the one day game, but is in the final year of his study, while mommsen is only on a months trial i believe.

Sure he played a couple of First Class games in term time last year? Maybe I've got my dates mixed up...

Sure he played a couple of First Class games in term time last year? Maybe I've got my dates mixed up...

Think he played for Loughborough early doors last year, then for us in the summer.

Him and Thakor are on summer contracts, as was Smith until he graduated last year.

I actually know Rob Taylor personally and he's on a summer contract and will be available for all formats of the game after he finishes uni. I hope he then gets a full time contract next season as he's done well for us in the pro40. Thakor might be availabe next year when he finishes at Uppingham, he is a real prospect.

I actually know Rob Taylor personally and he's on a summer contract and will be available for all formats of the game after he finishes uni. I hope he then gets a full time contract next season as he's done well for us in the pro40.

Thakor might be availabe next year when he finishes at Uppingham, he is a real prospect.

Is he a batting allrounder or bowling allrounder. Reason I ask is that he seemed to score runs for fun for Harborough last year yet county bat him at 8 or 9. Would like to see him in early doors in the CB40, aggressive opening bat?

Is he a batting allrounder or bowling allrounder. Reason I ask is that he seemed to score runs for fun for Harborough last year yet county bat him at 8 or 9. Would like to see him in early doors in the CB40, aggressive opening bat?

I would say a bowling allrounder.

Well they took my advice, swapping the lower order with the middle order... and well.... it sort of worked, Eckersley got 44... but then everyone else failed.

Nice to see Du Toit down that low in the order :)