Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sods

Leicestershire County Cricket Club

T20 hid the complete mess of last season, it's going to this year.

Can everybody just calm down for a minute. We are having a learning curve/financial readjustment this year and probably for the next couple. We have been a competitive county for years, first time in ages we are not so good. Hoggy doing a good job, like Glos need 1 day international to boost funds.

Can everybody just calm down for a minute. We are having a learning curve/financial readjustment this year and probably for the next couple. We have been a competitive county for years, first time in ages we are not so good. Hoggy doing a good job, like Glos need 1 day international to boost funds.

I did think your comments were reasonable until you mentioned that there should be a 1 day international at Grace Road! Who do you fancy England vs Australia? With Trent Bridge and Edgbaston being such fantastic grounds and so close there is no chance of Grace Road ever being an international ground, there was international cricket during the world cup years ago, but again? I dont think so.

We will never get an international game involving England first team in a million years. Us, Derbyshire, Northamptonshire, Sussex, Worcestershire, Essex and dont have a hope really, maybe Kent and to a certain extent Somerset, but they get a lot of the Womens internationals and i think is the home of womens cricket. Essex Kent and Sussex dont really need the financal help in a way as they can be competitive but in the long run the 4 shire counties in that list i can see getting screwed over with no extra finance like other grounds get and struggle to compete in the future and especially if New Road keeps getting flooded.

Technically Grace Road can hold more than Bristol can yet that gets games (i know due to the extra seats put in) just stupid really, another example in the world where the rich get richer etc

122-8 against Australia.

Flaming rubbish, Smith top scoring, Boyce doing well again must be on steroids or something.

Du Toit score today 6.

To be fair that was pretty much a full strength Aussie side against our second string.

That said, gonna need a few pints down me at GR tomorrow given our T20 form!

8 over game against Derby tonight, Leics made 80 for 3 (Greg Smith top scored with 23) Derby 72 for 6 (Razzaq 3-20 and Taylor 0-7 both off 2 overs). Finally got the monkey off the back, A WIN :chant:

Edited by NorthernFox

Taylors bowling in the T20 has been impressive, he has the makings of a useful allrounder, for us and then Notts in 3 years time :( seen a different Matt Boyce lately, good positive batting. With Cobb Smith Buck Taylor Naik White Eckersley and the all new Boyce we have the core of a side for a few years if they stay, 3 or 4 changes and a few clever signings in the close season maybe its not all gloom and doom.

Taylors bowling in the T20 has been impressive, he has the makings of a useful allrounder, for us and then Notts in 3 years time :( seen a different Matt Boyce lately, good positive batting. With Cobb Smith Buck Taylor Naik White Eckersley and the all new Boyce we have the core of a side for a few years if they stay, 3 or 4 changes and a few clever signings in the close season maybe its not all gloom and doom.

But its more the fact that its another season of crap from us, but i really do think the bridge financially will just get wider and we will struggle to get any decent players, hope im wrong but can see us being in division 2 for a good few years. Also dont think the Pro40 format helps us seeing as the players probably know that they arent going to win the group etc, i think it would be better going back to the division format again personally

I agree with the fact we are going to be in Div2 for a long time to come but we can take heart from Derbyshire at the moment, thay are a very similar club to us but if things are done properly smaller clubs can do well, they are currently top of Div2, Sussex are small but are an established Div1 side. What are they doing right that we arent?