Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sods

Leicestershire County Cricket Club

Have Leicestershire won? :o

Yes, Leicestershire did win against Hampshire finally after huge 10 wicket partnership at the end. This was a massive surprise of a result however I'm sure Hampshire had one eye on the T20 tomorrow. Who cares still a win for LCCC :chant:

Well the wage bill certainly should be reduced significantly with Du Toit, Malik, Dixey and the unfortunate retirement of Jefferson. Hopefully we can maybe get a a couple a decent players in to make us a little more competative.

Edited by SMX11

Interesting to see that we've delcared when we're still 180 runs behind Kent. I persume the captains have agreed that Kent can bat for the morning then we can try and get the runs.

Plus we're opening the bowling with Thakor and Thornely!

Edited by NiftyFox

• 2 weeks later...

As we head towards the end of another miserable four-day campaign (which might end brightly), we only need to look up the road to find some encouragement.

Our neighbours and similar-sized club Derbyshire are top and on the verge of promotion. They don't get funding from international cricket and rely on young talent like ourselves mixed in with experience. They've (nearly) done it so why shouldn't we next year?

Edited by Corky

As we head towards the end of another miserable four-day campaign (which might end brightly), we only need to look up the road to find some encouragement.

Our neighbours and similar-sized club Derbyshire are top and on the verge of promotion. They don't get funding from international cricket and rely on young talent like ourselves mixed in with experience. They've (nearly) done it so why shouldn't we next year?

Derbyshire have a better bowling attack than us, Joseph only had one good month, Hoggard is getting on, Malik has ended up being released, Rob Taylor has looked good with bat and ball but hasn't featured in all forms of the game, Henderson has been useful but is now 40, while Sykes and Buck haven't been able to breakthrough properly unlike Harry Gurney who was a major loss to Notts. Derbyshire bowling attack is dangerous and consistent, Palladino, Groeneweld, Clare, Wainwright etc...

Think Leicestershire main positives this season is the performance of some youngsters, Thakor looks a quality player, Rob Taylor has done well, Josh Cobb will be vital if we can keep hold, while Eckersley looks to be the future in the wicket keeping department.

We simply don't have the money to challenge, and our bowling attack isn't good enough, and don't do a consistent job.

We need some good signings if we ever want to be competative in the short term. We keep producing some good talents but we cannot rely on them to do all the work we need (like Derby) some solid pros who can perform consistantly. With the news of Jefferson, Joseph, Du Toit, Malik and other released players I can see perhaps 2-3 signings before next season. Chris Jordan might be worth a pop as he has been released at Surrey and Scott Elstone from Notts looked a decent player when I have seen him. Whatever we do get in we certainly need a good middle order batsmen and an opener as Greg Smith has struggled for most of the year.

Edited by SMX11

We need some good signings if we ever want to be competative in the short term. We keep producing some good talents but we cannot rely on them to do all the work we need (like Derby) some solid pros who can perform consistantly. With the news of Jefferson, Joseph, Du Toit, Malik and other released players I can see perhaps 2-3 signings before next season. Chris Jordan might be worth a pop as he has been released at Surrey and Scott Elstone from Notts looked a decent player when I have seen him. Whatever we do get in we certainly need a good middle order batsmen and an opener as Greg Smith has struggled for most of the year.

Good post, we need new signings but just haven't got the money.

Jefferson needs replaced, haven't replaced Taylor properly can't really count Sarwan as a replacement, while the bowling attack is weak, sometimes its dangerous then sometimes it performs shit.

I think Du Toit, Jefferson and Malik would have been on a fair wedge of money but it depends what sort of budget we have set for next year. I read in the Wisden Cricketer that we have to slash the wage bill by 100k, which I think we must have done with the released players.

• 2 weeks later...

Ned Eckersley is a reluctant keeper so i think this would be great as he is a top keeper as well as good batsmen.

Most are in the modern game. Just batsmen who put the gloves on to up their chances. Look at most England keepers in the last two decades.

O'Brien would be a top signing though.

• 4 weeks later...