Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Daggers

Madeleine McCann

That is what I meant in my post. For a start it was good that the story got coverage but then came the avalance. If they asked the media to stay away now I doubt that they would. I don't think the McCanns would have been in a fit state at the beginning to activaly 'invite' and inform the media but would not have objected if someone else did it on their behalf.

I see the media circus is once again enhancing its reputation, descending on Rothley like a plague.

They seem determined to hound the parents to the grave! :angry:

I'm surprised you and your fantastic intellect haven't solved the case yet inspector.

Although you do seem to have deemed that the parents are definitely not guilty despite knowing absolutely nothing about what happened to her, which is impressive.

We get the news but very little insight over here.

As I understand it, a rental car hired by the parents after the girls disappearance was found to have traces of Madeleines's blood in it. The parents have now been charged as suspects and they have returned to the UK.

That in itself is very pursuasive, what mitigatiion have the McCanns attorneys come up with if any and wasn't the grandfather the last one check on her during the evening? If so why isn't he a suspect?

We get the news but very little insight over here.

As I understand it, a rental car hired by the parents after the girls disappearance was found to have traces of Madeleines's blood in it. The parents have now been charged as suspects and they have returned to the UK.

That in itself is very pursuasive, what mitigatiion have the McCanns attorneys come up with if any and wasn't the grandfather the last one check on her during the evening? If so why isn't he a suspect?

best place for answers ;)

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/6986577.stm

or at least the latest speculation

Edited by I Zingari

Maybe they came home to get British lawyers as they are supposed to be very good.

A great idea, except for one tiny drawback. There are no "British" lawyers as such (I won't go into details just yet). This leads onto another potential problem. English lawyers are experts on English law. This might be a bit of a problem when dealing with Portugese law. This might, and I use the word in it's loosest sense here, might be why they have been using Portugese legal advisors.

Just a thought.

:rolleyes:

They are talking about secondary DNA transference (I guess that depends on the quantity of DNA collected from the car) and the fact that the car was hired four weeks after the vanishing.

It was hot - rigor-mortis would have been completed and the decaying process would be well under way, the child would have been ripe and the blood congealed...and they were under the full gaze of the international media.

The chance of them hiring the same car of the abductor(murderer) is the stuff of Hollywood.

Whever they did it or not, one thing is for sure.

We won't find out by reading the newspapers' speculation...

Fact :thumbup:

Newspapers are full of shit full stop none of them are 100% factual or anywhere near infact & are only there to make money not deliver any type of service to us bar the football pages of course

And yes i do have first hand experience of this not me personally thankfully

Edited by BigGibbo

Funny how they want to be left alone now suspicion is closer to home.

I have had a bad feeling about this since the start. I know they are doctors and in jobs where dealing with stress is daily routine, but I can't help thinking that Kate never really looked like her daughter had been abducted.

What I mean by that is that she was often glammed up and calm. If my daughter went missing, my wife would be a wreck and both of us would have red eyes from crying / lack of sleep and huge bags under our eyes. I doubt I would shave very often. Moreover, I doubt either of us would bother getting dressed, let alone dressed up smartly (in a 'we are on holiday' type way, if you get my drift).

Neither McCann seemed to suffer that. I would not be surprised if either or both of them know more about Maddie's disappearance than they let on.

I hope I'm wrong, but....

Funny how they want to be left alone now suspicion is closer to home.

I have had a bad feeling about this since the start. I know they are doctors and in jobs where dealing with stress is daily routine, but I can't help thinking that Kate never really looked like her daughter had been abducted.

What I mean by that is that she was often glammed up and calm. If my daughter went missing, my wife would be a wreck and both of us would have red eyes from crying / lack of sleep and huge bags under our eyes. I doubt I would shave very often. Moreover, I doubt either of us would bother getting dressed, let alone dressed up smartly (in a 'we are on holiday' type way, if you get my drift).

Neither McCann seemed to suffer that. I would not be surprised if either or both of them know more about Maddie's disappearance than they let on.

I hope I'm wrong, but....

For about the hundredth time, people deal with loss, grief and shock in very different ways. Your reaction to feeling helpless might well be to turn into some kind of slob despite being in the glare of worlds media, but try not to judge others by the same standards. :rolleyes:

For about the hundredth time, people deal with loss, grief and shock in very different ways. Your reaction to feeling helpless might well be to turn into some kind of slob despite being in the glare of worlds media, but try not to judge others by the same standards. :rolleyes:

Not having a go at you personally here Jon, but while.......

....people may act differently with grief as you say, and it is a common defence of Kate McCann's behaviour to claim this. But, honestly, we're talking about a mother whose daughter has disappeared from the face of the earth. Not an everyday occurrance. She must be the only mother in the world who could stay that cold/calm/detatched when leaving Portugal without her 4 year old daughter. The Irish lady interviewed on T.V. about her missing child still could not contain her emotions even after 30 years. And now Gerry McCann is just starting to show emotion in his face. No wonder people have become suspicious. And to say that people of this view are speculating via the tabloids is incorrect and insulting.

Cracks me up how all the Facebook groups have "102 fewer members" etc now.

Yep, you've done your bit ladies and gentlemen, she wasn't in your garden shed or down the back of the sofa, leave the group now to tidy up your profile page a bit.

:laugh:

Sh it, I never checked behind my sofa.

Fu ck.

I agree with you in that people DO cope with grief and shock etc differently.

However, you would weep. You would not sleep (without some sort of medication). The result of weeping and sleep deprivation would be seen quite clearly in the eyes,

To use the word "slob" is harsh. So if I lost my daughter and was sick with worry, you would brand me a slob and tell the world it was probably my fault just by looking at me??? "Look at that slob! He's not shaved or anything! Serves the slob right! Is that about it, Jon??

My point was, was that I personally find it unlikely - very unlikely - that you would get all dolled up JUST to show a brave, positive face to the worlds' press. I would have less suspicion had they spent more time weeping and offering messages via the media. Mine would be something like:

"I don't care who you are or what you have done. Just drop my daughter off at a police station and get the **** out of my life" type of thing.

I don't recall the McCann's doing ANYTHING like that. They have been TOO calm and collected for my liking.

As a parent myself, it just don't seem right.

I agree with you in that people DO cope with grief and shock etc differently.

However, you would weep. You would not sleep (without some sort of medication). The result of weeping and sleep deprivation would be seen quite clearly in the eyes,

To use the word "slob" is harsh. So if I lost my daughter and was sick with worry, you would brand me a slob and tell the world it was probably my fault just by looking at me??? "Look at that slob! He's not shaved or anything! Serves the slob right! Is that about it, Jon??

My point was, was that I personally find it unlikely - very unlikely - that you would get all dolled up JUST to show a brave, positive face to the worlds' press. I would have less suspicion had they spent more time weeping and offering messages via the media. Mine would be something like:

"I don't care who you are or what you have done. Just drop my daughter off at a police station and get the **** out of my life" type of thing.

I don't recall the McCann's doing ANYTHING like that. They have been TOO calm and collected for my liking.

As a parent myself, it just don't seem right.

like me, the mccanns must've missed the 'this is how you MUST act in this scenario' week during the parenting classes

I skipped parenting classes altogether, I'm hoping one of you will let me copy your coursework assignment otherwise I'm stuffed.

Oh, and I've been looking at the mock exam but there are no answers with it.

No one told me that parenting would be like this.

I skipped parenting classes altogether, I'm hoping one of you will let me copy your coursework assignment otherwise I'm stuffed.

Oh, and I've been looking at the mock exam but there are no answers with it.

No one told me that parenting would be like this.

i tried to opt out, but i wasn't allowed. i failed the, afore mentioned, 'correct emotions, and how to show them' module, man, i'd be crucified on here if anything goes wrong in my family!

like me, the mccanns must've missed the 'this is how you MUST act in this scenario' week during the parenting classes

I am not saying that that is how they MUST act, either.

My point is that they are / were not acting like 'normal' parents who had just had their daughter abducted.

IMO, remaining as calm as they have kept, is NOT a normal response.

I am no psychologist nor a criminal investigator, but surely someone on here agrees with me, that this does not feel right. After the first week of her going missing, I have felt that there was more to this than solely an abduction.

I hope I'm wrong, I really do.

My point is that they are / were not acting like 'normal' parents who had just had their daughter abducted.

I am no psychologist nor a criminal investigator, but surely someone on here agrees with me, that this does not feel right. After the first week of her going missing, I have felt that there was more to this than solely an abduction.

Disregarding this case because frankly I've steered clear of it and have listened to/viewed very little of the press coverage but

What's Normal?

You say you're not an expert but then determine their response is not normal.

I've heard of situations where people have lost a very close loved one and shown no obvious emotion but then went on to commit suicide because they couldn't live without the person, others take years to stop crying.

In my own family we lost a 9 month old son, I didn't cry and continued to go to work after a couple of days but inside I was devastated, my wife still cries on occasions 30 years later - so I ask what's normal bereavement behaviour?

i don't know how i'd react, being english i may well show a brave face in public and be a wreck behind closed doors, i hope to god i never have to find out.

i remember hearing from a fella, whos daughter was murdered (as it turned out) but he was asked to do a public appeal for her to return home or be released, whatever, no one knew what had happened. but he was in such an emotional state he was smiling and laughing a bit in the press conferance, due to the bizarre set of circumstances that had lead to where he then was. he was subsequently slaughtered in the press and then in his locality, as some sick weirdo who'd obviously done his daughter in. the murderer was later caught and convicted, but because of his 'abnormal' reaction he still gets grief in the street now.

Disregarding this case because frankly I've steered clear of it and have listened to/viewed very little of the press coverage but

What's Normal?

You say you're not an expert but then determine their response is not normal.

I've heard of situations where people have lost a very close loved one and shown no obvious emotion but then went on to commit suicide because they couldn't live without the person, others take years to stop crying.

In my own family we lost a 9 month old son, I didn't cry and continued to go to work after a couple of days but inside I was devastated, my wife still cries on occasions 30 years later - so I ask what's normal bereavement behaviour?

That's horrible, davie.

I can't tell you what 'normal' is, and as I have said, it's a 'feeling'. It just doesn't sit right with me. It's the WHOLE thing - not just parts of it. Remember that chap with his G/F in Oz some years back? He got killed by a trucker (I think) and the G/F (Joanna??) escaped? I still have a feeling about that. How the hell did she escape from a gun-toting trucker, with a truck, in the desert after being tied up?? I know he's been sent down for it, but something not quite right about the whole thing. It's like a film story.

I know that's completely different to Maddie, but I'm trying to explain how some people have 'feelings' for what is right and what is wrong.

This just seems wrong to me. I hope I am getting my point over. It's difficult to fully explain the 'feeling'.

Like I said, I hope I am wrong.

Ah the irony. You imply the McCanns involvement on the basis of their appearance then suggest to do so is harsh. Slob or smart to take your lead from appearances is foolish. Remember Louise Woodward? She was grinning and smiling during her trial. People react differently. Some of them have to keep doing things to keep themsleves from going mad. The McCanns clearly need to feel they are doing something to hold themselves together, and it is no surprise then that they are driven to keep the hunt for their daughter in the media spotlight.