Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Daggers

Madeleine McCann

Whilst it is impossible really to tell what the truth is in newspaper / news stories, not all of it can be BS. Sky had the best coverage (if 'best' is an appropriate word to use) and as a viewer, you felt much of what was said was truthful as Ian whatever-his-face always mentioned if anything was simply conjecture.

Now I can't remember what my point was going to be....

Oh, yeah. I know what Yaxx is trying to say and I seem to remember he has a point. If he has added "to the best of my knowledge and from what I understand from news / newspaper stories...", it would be alright, wouldn't it?

To the best of my knowledge, etc,etc, no Brit police force HAS been ACTIVELY involved in the case. They have been over there, but the active investigation has been Portuguese.

IMO, there are too many people on here that refuse to believe anything they have heard or read regarding this case, and writing it off as journalistic fluff.

Come on, people. Have an opinion yourselves or at the very least, don't shoot those who do.

I've made my (gut) feelings well known. Perhaps it's poll time? Anyone wanna do one? (I would, but don't know how :blink: )

Whilst it is impossible really to tell what the truth is in newspaper / news stories, not all of it can be BS. Sky had the best coverage (if 'best' is an appropriate word to use) and as a viewer, you felt much of what was said was truthful as Ian whatever-his-face always mentioned if anything was simply conjecture.

Now I can't remember what my point was going to be....

Oh, yeah. I know what Yaxx is trying to say and I seem to remember he has a point. If he has added "to the best of my knowledge and from what I understand from news / newspaper stories...", it would be alright, wouldn't it?

To the best of my knowledge, etc,etc, no Brit police force HAS been ACTIVELY involved in the case. They have been over there, but the active investigation has been Portuguese.

IMO, there are too many people on here that refuse to believe anything they have heard or read regarding this case, and writing it off as journalistic fluff.

Come on, people. Have an opinion yourselves or at the very least, don't shoot those who do.

I've made my (gut) feelings well known. Perhaps it's poll time? Anyone wanna do one? (I would, but don't know how :blink: )

Just thought I;d put this into the melting pot.

http://trannyfattyacid.blogspot.com/2007/0...ortugal-to.html

Namechecks PC Copperfield's The Policeman's Blog ~ which is a reasonable read, as is his book.

Well, it was until he resigned from the force today in order to go and work as a cop in Canada, in his attempt to get away from the ridiculous levels of paperwork associated with the job here.

Out of curiosity, and apologies if you've already stated this, but are you:

1. a journo

2. a copper

3. a lawyer

4. an interested observer

5. a friend or relative of the McCanns, or other

6. Robert Murat

and are you

A. Party to inside information, or

B. Just having a punt at what's going on

Just so we know where to place you, as you're interesting, yet BartonFox-esque in your vagueness...

:)

I think it would be fair to say that I have a professional interest in the case, yes.

This is the problem with this debate. Don't know who did it, toss a coin.

Nobody on here, including yaxx, has any inside information. Any opinions we form are formed reading/listening to other peoples uninformed opinions. Best thing to do is to keep an open mind.

Namechecks PC Copperfield's The Policeman's Blog ~ which is a reasonable read, as is his book.

Well, it was until he resigned from the force today in order to go and work as a cop in Canada, in his attempt to get away from the ridiculous levels of paperwork associated with the job here.

They police don't have to write reports in Canada? How do they cut out the paperwork? Shoot the suspect before they get to court?

They police don't have to write reports in Canada? How do they cut out the paperwork? Shoot the suspect before they get to court?

I don't believe they have crime in Canada.

Just bears.

the police are in charge of helping bears cross the road, opening tins of tune for bears and preparing rabbits after bears have carried out their ablutions in the woods.

A very interesting blog, and clearly well researched. Indeed I would agree with much that he's said, particularly in respect of the media. Unfortunately however, the assertion that 250 police officers have been sent to Portugal to assist with the investigation really is a nonsense. In fact it's exactly that kind of ludicrous misinformation that prompted my initial post in the first place. For a start I doubt that Leicestershire police even has that many officers on duty at any one time, let alone detectives. And it's also unlikely that such a number of detectives could be pooled from across the country either, as many police forces already have their CID contingent depleted through secondment to the Metropolitan Police Counter Terrorism Command. I don't think they would be too happy releasing any more of their detectives on wild goose chases in Portugal. Similarly police technical resources, such as Scenes Of Crime officers, are already hard pushed at the best of times and again, I very much doubt there is much spare capacity for them to go on jollies abroad. Indeed I was surprised we sent anybody at all. And as I've mentioned before, the Forensic Science Service isn't quite the 'world leader' it likes to have everyone believe.

I'm not seeking to defend the McCanns, far from it, and much of what has been written in their defence is as equally ridiculous as that emananting from Portugal. I've just been trying to give a bit more of an informed opinion, if you like, paricularly with regards to the forensics. The real world is not like in CSI or Spooks or Silent Witness. Forensics is not an exact science, and many of the results and conclusions are often open to question and interpretation. DNA analysis in particular is extremely complex with a myriad of variables and parameters - not the simplistic test we've been encouraged to think. Taken out of context, any alleged findings are meaningless. So far we have had a lot of speculation, but very little fact, and I would encourage a more open mind as to the liklihood of what's happened and who's potentially guilty or not.

Quite frankly, unless Madeline is found I don't think we will ever know the truth.

Nobody on here, including yaxx, has any inside information. Any opinions we form are formed reading/listening to other peoples uninformed opinions. Best thing to do is to keep an open mind.

How on earth can you say that? You have absolutely no idea what I do know or don't know!

How on earth can you say that? You have absolutely no idea what I do know or don't know!

yeah because in a case this high profile, 'the involved persons' really are going to come onto a football forum to claim to know things 'on the inside'

bartonfox-esque © nationwider

yeah because in a case this high profile, 'the involved persons' really are going to come onto a football forum to claim to know things 'on the inside'

And why not? This debate is as good as any other out there in the big wide world. Is it not possible then, that from a professional standpoint, I might actually know a little more about what is going on than is public knowledge? What is so absurd or unbelievable in that? The fact that I'm in a football forum? So what!

The irony is, of course, that unless I was to leak some snippet of information then you've got absolutely no real way of knowing one way or the other!

And why not? This debate is as good as any other out there in the big wide world. Is it not possible then, that from a professional standpoint, I might actually know a little more about what is going on than is public knowledge? What is so absurd or unbelievable in that? The fact that I'm in a football forum? So what!

The irony is, of course, that unless I was to leak some snippet of information then you've got absolutely no real way of knowing one way or the other!

indeed that is true, so i take the line that you, along with most other people know nothing about the case.

I imagine lots of people on this forum have "inside knowledge" of particular fields, whether it be police work, Leicester City, medical matters, whatever.

Indeed, on several occasions I have wanted specific information about something I knew nothing about and quickly got the answer by posting on here.

People have even said you wouldn't get Leicester City players/officials reading these threads but I can assure you they do. There are many connections to the club and information soon filters back.

I don't believe they have crime in Canada.

Just bears.

the police are in charge of helping bears cross the road, opening tins of tune for bears and preparing rabbits after bears have carried out their ablutions in the woods.

:unsure: music boxes? :dunno::P

Yaxx. question for you. Describe name all types of evidence. I did them for my SIA lisence.

To be fair, you wouldn't pass a module on evidence for an LLB or the Police with the knowledge gleaned from that.....

So what is your job, Yaxx?

Not that you can prove it, but I thought I'd ask..

I imagine lots of people on this forum have "inside knowledge" of particular fields, whether it be police work, Leicester City, medical matters, whatever.

Indeed, on several occasions I have wanted specific information about something I knew nothing about and quickly got the answer by posting on here.

People have even said you wouldn't get Leicester City players/officials reading these threads but I can assure you they do. There are many connections to the club and information soon filters back.

point being if i had insider knowledge on this or any ongoing case i wouldn't go onto a football (or any other form of media) to spout off my half baked theories. my professionalism would bar me from doing such a thing

point being if i had insider knowledge on this or any ongoing case i wouldn't go onto a football (or any other form of media) to spout off my half baked theories. my professionalism would bar me from doing such a thing

Yea - that's why I'm not telling anyone they did it either...