Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Daggers

Madeleine McCann

I'm confused, the Madeline McCann thead seems to be over taken by people who like to eat fish and potatoes that have been deep fried. I come on here expecting to see a revlation on a four year old missing child case and I get battered Cod.

Very fishy indeed :unsure:

• 11 months later...

I have to say the Golden Spice on Narborough Road is friendly and open til late but Christ is it ****ing awful.

Bucks, however, is the best in the city. Makes the Grimbo look a shithole.

(Rothley is still better than Birstall)

I have to say the Golden Spice on Narborough Road is friendly and open til late but Christ is it ****ing awful.

get-the-fuck-out.jpg

£3 for kebab meat and chips in a cob at 2am.

I LIVED on that shit in my second year.

Oh aye I don't doubt the value, we do Golden Spice in our house, but it's pretty crap chips.

The chips are diabolical granted, but the curries aren't bad value and the kebabs are by no means terrible.

That said, I do love popping over the road for a bit of Munch Munch.

Copious chilli sauce on my burger, Irn Bru and shit music videos. I fvcking love Munch Munch.

I'm confused, the Madeline McCann thead seems to be over taken by people who like to eat fish and potatoes that have been deep fried. I come on here expecting to see a revlation on a four year old missing child case and I get battered Cod.

Turned into a mccains thread rather than a McCann.

Petrou bros near me are very good.won the best uk fish and chip shop in 2007.

Edited by cambridgefox

Pains me to say it but Birstall Fisheries was definitely not up to the standard I'm used to when I went last Saturday. There's a relatively new place opened further up Sibson Road called Bains so I was hoping that the competition would have increased quality, not had an adverse effect. Disappointing.

Doesn't every chip shop claim to have won that award? Rothley definitely does at some point.

Birstall know nobody would believe that lie given their chips are so substandard.

Know what you mean,the small print probably says something about best uk fish and chip shop in a 30 yard radius.They are good mind you,but there is a small shop run by a Chinese man called Alan!!!Does not do Chinese either and his chips are top notch.

From Sky News

British detectives are examining an extraordinary claim that Madeleine McCann's body is buried near the holiday apartment from where she vanished.

A self-styled investigator has sent police ground radar scans he claims show a burial site.

Stephen Birch says he took the scans last week in Praia da Luz, the Portuguese holiday resort where Madeleine disappeared five years ago.

He passed them to Scotland Yard detectives who are carrying out an investigative review of the case.

They have asked him for more information to help them interpret the scan results and the "raw data" the machine collected.

He has also sent the material to Portuguese police who abandoned their search for Madeleine 15 months after she disappeared.

Mr Birch, a commercial property developer in South Africa, admits he is "obsessed" with the Madeleine mystery.

He claims to have spent £40,000 on buying the ground-penetrating scanner and being trained in its use.

He said: "All I want to do is solve the mystery and bring closure to Madeleine's family. I am convinced she lies where I have scanned.

"I've had the scans analysed and they show digging, a void and what could be human bones."

Scotland Yard said it would always consider any new potential evidence and pass it on to the Portuguese authorities.

Earlier this year the detective in charge of the review said he believed there was a chance Madeleine was still alive.

She was nearly four when she disappeared without trace from the apartment in May 2007.

Despite dozens of potential sightings around the world no credible evidence has emerged to indicate whether she is alive or dead.

Her parents Kate and Gerry McCann believe she is still alive and would not comment on Mr Birch's claims.

• 1 year later...

Forgive me for being ignorant now but why has it took so long for the police to believe it was possibly a planned abduction? Why have they only just expanded the time frame of the abduction thus giving us new suspects?

The Portuguese authorities and general public have taken the piss with their actions since Day 1.