Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Daggers

Madeleine McCann

The way they were talking last night made the previous investigations seem like they must have been farcical. As if they followed one lead and completely ignored anything else. Surely they would have been following all the leads derived from several versions of the timeline. How can it have taken six years to start following up a lead on a guy walking around nearby holding a young blonde female child? Surely you'd be all over that sighting from day one?

I don't know, possibly the police are posturing a bit to try and get people to have a rethink and draw out new information, but if these leads have really been ignored for six years then it's no wonder they haven't found her.

• Like 1

The other thing that suprised me is that there are no plans to show last nights Crimewatch in Portugal!? Unbelievable.

The bloke who was on RL just is the editor of the English newdpaper out there. He says the public out there tend to follow the Portuguese police investigator who ended up virtually blaming the McCanns.

I know a lot of countries have an inept police force but I'd never have thought the Portuguese would be like this.

• Like 1

Yesterday on tv it was reported that the police detectives are looking for a average built white male between the age of 20 and 40. I sometimes think if the police don't know anything they would be better off just not giving any description of a mani decription like that doesnt help anyone. I don't think she is alive myself conciderly anyone can look different as they get older but the girl has very unique eye markings that would be very easy to spot by now if she was.

Kate and Gerry McCann are a disgrace, to leave 3 children from the ages of 3 and under is horrific, whilst you're sitting around enjoying tapas. Something there just doesn't add up, that all of the couples left their children and one of the women seen a man she had never seen before leaving the apartments carrying a child, yet didn't batter an eyelid.

The worse thing that came to light last night was when Kate said Madeline had questioned her parents the morning before she was taken on where her parents were the night before when Madeline and her brother were crying, yet they still went out that night? Disgusting and heart breaking.

I would love to see that lovely little girl found and healthy but I can't see it happening, she's what 9 years old now? Even if she was found in later years she will hate them so called parents.

• Like 3

I'm not going to defend the Portugese police nor the British investigation because both appear flimsy at best but the family and friends have not helped themselves at all.

The story doesnt seem right and last nights crimewatch didnt help in my opinion. A sketchy e-fit one of which looks a bit like the father and the mothers account of 'checking' on the kids where she admits to not noticing she was missing at first. It was only when the door slammed because of a draft that she went back and checked again to see she was gone.

It just doesnt seem true that you would risk kidnapping a child in that situation. It wasnt that late for a holiday location with people milling about, coming back from dinner, a bar etc and with all the families regularly checking the kids, seems very risky.

Its a terrible thing that this girl has been missing for this long, but we are definitely not being given all the facts.

Kate and Gerry McCann are a disgrace, to leave 3 children from the ages of 3 and under is horrific, whilst you're sitting around enjoying tapas. Something there just doesn't add up, that all of the couples left their children and one of the women seen a man she had never seen before leaving the apartments carrying a child, yet didn't batter an eyelid.

The worse thing that came to light last night was when Kate said Madeline had questioned her parents the morning before she was taken on where her parents were the night before when Madeline and her brother were crying, yet they still went out that night? Disgusting and heart breaking.

I would love to see that lovely little girl found and healthy but I can't see it happening, she's what 9 years old now? Even if she was found in later years she will hate them so called parents.

Another thing that came out last night that I didnt know was that there was a night creche on the complex. They are well off people so why mot use that if you want to go out every night?

This is what I genuinely love about this forum. Opened up a Madelaine McCann thread to find people were debating chippies.

You aint beating Bucks.

'We're not the ones who have done something wrong here, it's the person who went in to that apartment and took a littel girl'

True but their actions enabled that to happen.

How the **** could you go out knowing your daughter had been worriedt he night before and the kids had been crying?

• Like 1

I do suspect the parents must have a slight guilt over what happened as well but they do deserve a proper investigation to find out what happened.

What sickened me was when the mum recently claimed in court that she'd considered suicide because of the Portugese detective's story.

If I'd have left my kid to go out for a meal and they'd been snatched that would be the reason for considering suicide.

Are we still on this? Regardless of whether they were stupid to leave the kids alone, albeit in a locked apartment, they don't deserve what happened. Focus people.

Exactly yes they made a bad mistake and I'm sure they know it but the real criminal is whoever took her, all this Internet bashing about them is ridiculous and takes the focus away from a much more serious crime

Edited by JACE_HOBBS

They are middle class doctors, if they weren't the papers would have taken a very different view of events.

Do the e-fits remind you of anyone?

I have to admit if it was a jobless couple on benefits on the piss on holiday puffing away on their Marlboro lights in the Sun I would probably have been less sympathetic!

I'm sorry but I find this threads deviation from vital local issues to one foreign incident to be completely offensive to our home communities...

... So what do people think of the Grimbo these days compared to ten or so years ago? I applaud their popularity but the fact it's so busy does impact negatively on the quality of their product. There's nothing worse than rushed, under cooked chips.

I am not so sure about restricting it to local issues Finners, when there is importation stuff going on all over the world. We have to take account of the LCFC diaspora. This place would be worth a visit, if only for the wild west feeling of seeing a chippy mobbed out with gas terminal construction workers. http://www.frankiesfishandchips.com/ Regional Winners Scotland 2014

'We're not the ones who have done something wrong here, it's the person who went in to that apartment and took a littel girl'

True but their actions enabled that to happen.

How the **** could you go out knowing your daughter had been worriedt he night before and the kids had been crying?

Amen to that