Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Daggers

Madeleine McCann

I struggle to have much sympathy for them and the case shows how the public gets completely carried away with one or two sensationalised events. 

Leaving a bunch of kids unattended is awful parenting no matter how wealthy you are and in fact they could have afforded to have someone look after the kids.

We don't even know if someone took her, she could have died of an accident and they invented the whole kidnapping thing to deal with the guilt. Or someone could have realised that the kids were left unattended and helped themselves, either way the case gets too much attention compared to other instances of missing people.

Well based on the reconstruction last night, all of those families were ok with leaving their kids. They were in a resort, only 50 yards away, a bit like being in your back garden while the kids are upstairs asleep. I don't get why people have such an appetite to blame the parents really. It's not as if they'd gone into town on a piss up.

• Like 1

Well based on the reconstruction last night, all of those families were ok with leaving their kids. They were in a resort, only 50 yards away, a bit like being in your back garden while the kids are upstairs asleep. I don't get why people have such an appetite to blame the parents really. It's not as if they'd gone into town on a piss up.

How bigs your garden?!

But they left windows and doors open. Do you leave your front door at home open for anyone to walk in?

How bigs your garden?!

But it wasn't their house and they weren't in their garden.  Surely no-one can defend their actions.  How you could leave your children alone like that and go out to dinner is beyond me.

Having said that, no-one deserves what happend to them and I hope that it ends well.

How bigs your garden?!

I dont think a distance of 50 yards from the end of ones garden to where children are sleeping in the house is terribly unrealistic.

If it was just the McCanns leaving their kids then you'd think it was negligent, but the fact that all of those parents felt comfortable leaving their kids must surely indicate that it seemed safe by most people's standards? It's all well and good saying it was wrong now in hindsight but if everyone thought it was fine at the time you can hardly blame them.

I dont think a distance of 50 yards from the end of ones garden to where children are sleeping in the house is terribly unrealistic.

If it was just the McCanns leaving their kids then you'd think it was negligent, but the fact that all of those parents felt comfortable leaving their kids must surely indicate that it seemed safe by most people's standards? It's all well and good saying it was wrong now in hindsight but if everyone thought it was fine at the time you can hardly blame them.

You should never leave your children at that age alone and then leave the house/hotel.  No-one deserves what happend to them but for me it was bad parenting whether something happend to the children or not.

They thought it okay that their 3 year old and one of the twins aged 30 months had cried the night before and nobody was there to comfort them.

I blame the person who took their daughter, they just happened to make it an absolute dodle for them to do it.

Has it ever been made easier for someone to snatch a child.

They go to the same restaurant very night.

They check on the kids every hour or so (maybe longer)

They leave a window open.

they are far enough away if the child had cried out nobody would have heard.

I think the fact they have never shown any indication they think they did anything wrong or apologise is what gets a lot of people up.

The distance betweent them and the children was clearly too far, holiday or not you just can't put yourself in that position.

I thought it said in the paper today there was sign of forced entry into Maddies' room?

Not read todays papers but how so? Find it hard to believe a room like that would have locks on them, but even then I was referring to their front doors.

It's not the same is it?

• Your garden isn't open to the public with attendant noise of mopeds everywhere.
  • Unless you live in a bungalow they'd be upstairs so relatively safer than on the ground floor
  • In any event. you'd probably have a child monitor so you could hear the children if they were distressed

Let me ask you this, would you be happy to repeat what they did with your own family?

It's not the same is it?

• Your garden isn't open to the public with attendant noise of mopeds everywhere.
  • Unless you live in a bungalow they'd be upstairs so relatively safer than on the ground floor
  • In any event. you'd probably have a child monitor so you could hear the children if they were distressed
Let me ask you this, would you be happy to repeat what they did with your own family?

All hindsight though isn't it. If everyone in the resort was doing it, what makes you think you would have seen things differently in exactly the same circumstances?