Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Daggers

Madeleine McCann

All hindsight though isn't it. If everyone in the resort was doing it, what makes you think you would have seen things differently in exactly the same circumstances?

That's easy, Mrs Smudge :D She was a tigress when it came to protecting her children.

We would never have done that, she would have told me to go and have a good time while she stayed with them. Which suited me ;) 

Are we still on this?  Regardless of whether they were stupid to leave the kids alone, albeit in a locked apartment, they don't deserve what happened.  Focus people.

Exactly yes they made a bad mistake and I'm sure they know it but the real criminal is whoever took her, all this Internet bashing about them is ridiculous and takes the focus away from a much more serious crime

Well based on the reconstruction last night, all of those families were ok with leaving their kids. They were in a resort, only 50 yards away, a bit like being in your back garden while the kids are upstairs asleep. I don't get why people have such an appetite to blame the parents really. It's not as if they'd gone into town on a piss up.

Again - they were stupid, they know they were stupid, they have said they wish they had not done it.  They don't keep talking about becuase it is a distraction from the real issue which is the abduction. 

What a load of garbage.

And MooseBreath I take it you do not know the difference between yards and metres? They weren't just 50 yards away from their children, they were 50 metres away, that's ridiculous. I would never leave a child that far away from my care, especially to sit with a load of strangers I don't really know to eat and have a few drinks. Seriously, you're in a foreign country and would you leave three children in an hotel apartment on their own? No, that to me is just not normal.

I'm not at an age yet where I have any children but I can guarantee I wouldn't even pop next door to get some milk and leave my children at that age, let alone go out for a meal in a foreign country 50m away from my sight.

They're disgusting people in my eyes, I hate the fact a little girl has been abducted and her life potentially taken because of the neglect and stupidity of two 'respected' members of a community, it's a parents worse nightmare to have their child taken away from them, some people can't even have their own children, so when there is incidents like this where the abduction of an innocent three year old girl could have been prevented it infuriates me even more.

Riding high above all other factors, is surely the child herself. If, God willing, she is still alive, then she needs to be reunited with her parents.

This, if there is hope then people must look.

What is the alternative? Risk her being left at the hands of these criminals?

The argument about what class they are is abhorrent, it is a child's life for goodness sake.

Another question that doesn't fit in with the conspiracy theories, why have the mccanns kept this in the public eye for so long?

It became clear to me from last night that the theory is they had been stalked by an organised and targeted group who had been planning for some time. A fourfold spike in burglaries, the charity bag calls to a holiday apartment, the sightings of the same suspicious men can't all be coincidence. From my recollection the windows were closed however the burglaries previously mentioned and linked were also through closed windows?

There were some big mistakes but this is a girls life.

Then question the parenting of seemingly everyone who was in the resort with the McCanns.

Yeah I would, they just got extremely lucky and also had the sense to lock their doors and windows it seems.

You're a very bad parent in my eyes if you're prepared to leave children on their own whilst you're drinking and eating 50m away from your sight.

Yeah I would, they just got extremely lucky and also had the sense to lock their doors and windows it seems.

You're a very bad parent in my eyes if you're prepared to leave children on their own whilst you're drinking and eating 50m away from your sight.

Where did this idea that they left the door unlocked come from? If they did why was the window unexpectedly open and why do people think they left through the window.

I may be wrong but I thought the insinuation was that the burglaries (through a locked window) were linked to the abduction?

Where did this idea that they left the door unlocked come from? If they did why was the window unexpectedly open and why do people think they left through the window.

I may be wrong but I thought the insinuation was that the burglaries (through a locked window) were linked to the abduction?

I'm sure that was said last night, if not I'm wrong, either way why do you leave a Hotel window open when you have three children in a room..

What a load of garbage.

And MooseBreath I take it you do not know the difference between yards and metres? They weren't just 50 yards away from their children, they were 50 metres away, that's ridiculous.

lol lol lol 

I'm sure that was said last night, if not I'm wrong, either way why do you leave a Hotel window open when you have three children in a room..

I don't think they did (although again could be wrong) I thought both were locked and it was a targeted break in. (But you may be right).

For me I'm glad they went on crimewatch last night, because if that poor girl is at the hands of these criminals then she needs to be found and now she has more hope.

Fair enough then. I guess you would have been the only good parent in the resort.

Incidentally on the door thing, I read on Wikipedia that the front patio door facing the pool was left closed but not locked. It would have been very difficult to get in there without being seen. It seems to me like they forced entry through the window, probably having been watching the family for some time.

Why do they keep bringing it back into the public eye then? Surely not a smart thing to do if you were hiding guilt especially after so long? The met are no fools either, I get the feeling (and am hopeful) they are on to something.

Want to point out that I'm not saying that this is what I think, I'm just playing devil's advocate.

I'm sure there have been numerous murder cases where the perpetrators have been in contact with the media and in some cases kept those cases in the limelight, I'm no expert but that is the case isn't it? And surely people would be more suspicious after it got so much attention if they weren't making very public attempts to find her for a very long time?

What I don't understand is how the police expect people to remember stuff that happened 6 years ago. Yes, it may be connected to one of the biggest news stories of the time, but when people would have seen anything they wouldn't have known that, so they wouldn't have made a mental note to remember in case they were asked later.

Did I see an average brown hairred bloke carrying an average blond child 6 years ago? Erm... probably. What I do know however is that I've never been to Portugal, which is the only point worth actually noting.

Want to point out that I'm not saying that this is what I think, I'm just playing devil's advocate.

I'm sure there have been numerous murder cases where the perpetrators have been in contact with the media and in some cases kept those cases in the limelight, I'm no expert but that is the case isn't it? And surely people would be more suspicious after it got so much attention if they weren't making very public attempts to find her for a very long time?

What he said!

I think the time is very revealing all those people seem to get caught out very quickly and surely their tone would change?

Also it assumes that the met and all others have not explored that, which I would find far fetched to believe.

It also looked like a very strong lead on that crimewatch program last night.

Edited by lcfc81

Reading that report there are a few very good points and several very poor points which are very questionable. The evidence regarding the sniffer dogs, the drug sedation and the Irish bloke who said he saw Gerry McCann carrying her towards the beach late that night are the most concerning points. Again all those have critical points against them too like if she had died from sedation why was their several traces of blood? And how could Gerry McCann be carrying her away at the same time he was at the Tapas bar with several witnesses around him?

Edited by JACE_HOBBS

http://www.cwporter.com/mccann.htm

Not saying I don't believe Gerry and Kate, but this was an interesting read.

What's interesting is that the Irish man the BBC were referring to on Crime watch is (I assume) the same man that this website claims now believes the man was Gerry McCann. But as ttfn points out this article is posted on a dodgy site run by an absolute crack pot. Is there any more information about him from a slightly more sane source?

What's interesting is that the Irish man the BBC were referring to on Crime watch is (I assume) the same man that this website claims now believes the man was Gerry McCann. But as ttfn points out this article is posted on a dodgy site run by an absolute crack pot. Is there any more information about him from a slightly more sane source?

I think that completely discredits it (although I would never give it any credit anyway), how could it be Gerry when he was at the tapas bar (in public) and the situation broke whilst he was at the bar? How could he be walking to the beach at the same time when his whereabouts is confirmed for a number of hours?

Media said it cost £5,000,000 to find her. Is that in total or the case as it comes to light again? ... I highly doubt she will ever be found. The events have changed with this new investigation, it seems. Yeah, what the parents are going through must be tough but I also question them. She was 3 years of age, her sisters even younger, why the hell would you leave them alone? Seriously.

There are so many holes in the story. 

Edited by Fox92