Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Daggers

Madeleine McCann

I think it's pretty obvious that they shouldn't have left their kids, but I have no idea how it's become the main talking point.

Maybe so it is not repeated, it was negligent at best and downright selfish irresponsible parenting and such actions shouldn't be airbrushed.

Reading that report there are a few very good points and several very poor points which are very questionable. The evidence regarding the sniffer dogs, the drug sedation and the Irish bloke who said he saw Gerry McCann carrying her towards the beach late that night are the most concerning points. Again all those have critical points against them too like if she had died from sedation why was their several traces of blood? And how could Gerry McCann be carrying her away at the same time he was at the Tapas bar with several witnesses around him?

There seems to be loads if holes in the alibi. They all give themselves an alibi by being with each other at dinner. If they were regularly checking their kids, to anyone sitting around, nobody would notice if one particular person was gone for a longer period of time. You just wouldnt remember that detail. Plus the dad said he was talking to that dude for 15 minutes but it turned out to be 3. Does that give enough time (12 mins) to do something dodgy? Maybe, maybe not.

What it appears to me is that several people are not being completely honest about what went down which aroused and still arouses suspicion.

How can an effective investigation take place?

There seems to be loads if holes in the alibi. They all give themselves an alibi by being with each other at dinner. If they were regularly checking their kids, to anyone sitting around, nobody would notice if one particular person was gone for a longer period of time. You just wouldnt remember that detail. Plus the dad said he was talking to that dude for 15 minutes but it turned out to be 3. Does that give enough time (12 mins) to do something dodgy? Maybe, maybe not.

What it appears to me is that several people are not being completely honest about what went down which aroused and still arouses suspicion.

How can an effective investigation take place?

Witness accounts always have errors in them, people are not that good at recalling events, and the mind does funny things with memories.

Can't say I hold out much hope after watching that Crimewatch. Half an hour of overly dramatic reconstruction, and all they really have to go on is a sighting of a bloke who could easily be a local.

If it was an organised abduction as police believe, I wouldn't imagine the abductor would be walking through the streets of the town in plain view for half an hour or more

What I don't understand is how the police expect people to remember stuff that happened 6 years ago. Yes, it may be connected to one of the biggest news stories of the time, but when people would have seen anything they wouldn't have known that, so they wouldn't have made a mental note to remember in case they were asked later.

Did I see an average brown hairred bloke carrying an average blond child 6 years ago? Erm... probably. What I do know however is that I've never been to Portugal, which is the only point worth actually noting.

That's what YOU say...

:ph34r:

If it was an organised abduction as police believe, I wouldn't imagine the abductor would be walking through the streets of the town in plain view for half an hour or more

Yeah, I'd be much more suspicious of the guy carrying a rolled up carpet.

Carrying a child isn't exactly suspicious given that the natural assumption would be that it was a parent carrying his child.

Yeah, I'd be much more suspicious of the guy carrying a rolled up carpet.

Carrying a child isn't exactly suspicious given that the natural assumption would be that it was a parent carrying his child.

Unless the child was screaming the place down. A lot less risky to quickly get into a car and drive off. I'm saying if this e-fit guy is the abductor, he wasn't particularly organised

That was interesting. No wonder people think it was them.

Got to agree, some of there actions are very suspicious. I won't be surprised if something big comes out soon about this pair, i think it's only a matter of time now. This guy there looking for, who was seen carrying a child could be connected to them in some ways.

Unless the child was screaming the place down. A lot less risky to quickly get into a car and drive off. I'm saying if this e-fit guy is the abductor, he wasn't particularly organised

I get that, but wasn't there something about her being sedated?

Got to agree, some of there actions are very suspicious. I won't be surprised if something big comes out soon about this pair, i think it's only a matter of time now. This guy there looking for, who was seen carrying a child could be connected to them in some ways.

Preposterous, an utterly ridiculous concept, what possible motive could there be for them to have their own child abducted?

If they were involved they would have been found out by now after repeated reviews of the evidence and the Portugese investigation.

There story is backed up by everyone involved in the investigation with the possible exception ot the Portugese police and if you read the book about that then you will see that they really wanted a solution but couldn't get one so framed the McCanns.

Edited by Parafox

Preposterous, an utterly ridiculous concept, what possible motive could there be for them to have their own child abducted?

If they were involved they would have been found out by now after repeated reviews of the evidence and the Portugese investigation.

There story is backed up by everyone involved in the investigation with the possible exception ot the Portugese police and if you read the book about that then you will see that they really wanted a solution but couldn't get one so framed the McCanns.

No i didn't say they planned for her to get abducted.

I get that, but wasn't there something about her being sedated?

I didn't hear that, but I guess it's possible. Just seems unlikely to me that an "organised" abductor would walk around town with the kid when it's a lot more discreet to jump in a car

Sad for the McCanns, but I can't help but think after all this time the only way they'll solve this is if someone blabs. They had a high profile case here in Australia where a boy was abducted from the side of the road. Huge media coverage, massive police investigation but the trail went cold. Then years later a guy in jail bragged to another inmate about what he'd done, and finally they made an arrest and sadly, found a body

Leaving 3 kids alone for 55 minutes would get you charged if you were on benefits.

Agreed, if they weren't a well off, middle class family, they'd be in the nick by now for child negligence. Absolutely disgusting to leave three young children on their own so you can piss off for a bit of tapas. If that was a working class family who nipped off for dinner and a couple of beers and left their children on their own, they would have been absolutely slaughtered.

• Like 1

Agreed, if they weren't a well off, middle class family, they'd be in the nick by now for child negligence. Absolutely disgusting to leave three young children on their own so you can piss off for a bit of tapas. If that was a working class family who nipped off for dinner and a couple of beers and left their children on their own, they would have been absolutely slaughtered.

Apart from the fact that this happened outside of British juresdiction.

Class/wealth doesn't come into it. One partner is Irish, one is Liverpudlian, both are from working class backgrounds, both have done well for themselves by intelligence and hard study.

Apart from the fact that this happened outside of British juresdiction.

Class/wealth doesn't come into it. One partner is Irish, one is Liverpudlian, both are from working class backgrounds, both have done well for themselves by intelligence and hard study.

used to work at the same hospital as Gerry. I can assure you there is nothing working class about him...

Agree with this

I love it how we have some of the country's best detectives working on this case having spent hundreds of hours pouring over evidence yet some helmets on here read an internet article and think they've cracked it.

It's like C.S.I foxestalk on here.

The unfortunate truth of it is, its likely she's dead. There isnt any forensic evidence anywhere of the supposed abductor and there are loads of witnesses that apparanty rule out the parents.

There isnt an end to this story thats happy for anyone. Either she was snatched and killed or died in an unfortunate accident that was covered up.

Nobody will ever know.

I have to admit despite that report having several flaws I am certainly much more suspicious now regarding their innocence, if the Mccanns are innocent then they have not helped themselves much aswell as their group of friends, for professional people they haven't come across as very smart especially This Jane Tanner who has been mentioned. Hard to know really with a report like that how accurate the facts are.

Why did the McCanns keep the Smiths efits shown on Crimewatch out of the public domain for five years? And furthermore, Why did they insist the Smith family had seen the SAME man as Jane Tanner had seen 45 minutes earlier, when the images they were keeping private clearly showed he was not?