Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
toonfox

Season Ticket Thread

L block are the best.

They make the most noise and they are most definitely not all Chavs.

Well, we're not all Chavs, that's for sure but there are some in there, but most of them aren't regulars.

There isn't that much noise in L1 - I doubt anyone can hear it at all from a couple of blocks away. Anyone thinking it's going to be anything like the old pen 1 or 2 at Filbo is going to be disappointed. There are about 50 people who sing and they hardly know any songs anyway. I've always assumed that the people that used to make all the noise at Filbert Street are now in the Kop at the Walkers

I heard that there had not been many season tickets sold for L block at all! :dunno:

Really?

We've moved away a bit from where we've been sat for the last 4 (I think) seasons to get away from the subnormals, and we struggled to get a block of seats together as there seemed to be loads of season tickets in there. Maybe they haven't renewed, or they've gone and sat somewhere else. A lot of people in that section were getting a bit p'd off with some of the stuff that went on there last season

When i got my season ticket in L1 on something like the 18th July, i could only see about 5 dotted seats free, but that was just in the top half mind you.

i moved from the kop to L1 this season and secured a seat then after renewal deadline i tried to move a few rows down and really struggled so think its quite full

Really?

We've moved away a bit from where we've been sat for the last 4 (I think) seasons to get away from the subnormals, and we struggled to get a block of seats together as there seemed to be loads of season tickets in there. Maybe they haven't renewed, or they've gone and sat somewhere else. A lot of people in that section were getting a bit p'd off with some of the stuff that went on there last season

Are you still in L, or you moved away to K?

I'm going to have to pick games at random this season because I'm living up north for 6 months as of September and I may have to work some Saturdays. Where will be the best place to sit this season in terms of atmos?

L1 :D or N block, i would of thought

Well, they'll not be coming tomorrow seeing as the lazy bastards at the post office are all on strike again. :rolleyes:

Some people at the post office tried to prevent me putting my company's mail in to the franked mailbox.

I appreciate they're not going to sort/deliver the stuff, but preventing me posting it seems a bit extreme.

I'm going to have to pick games at random this season because I'm living up north for 6 months as of September and I may have to work some Saturdays. Where will be the best place to sit this season in terms of atmos?

It depends what sort of atmosphere you want. If you want singing, the new North Stand singing section seemed to work quite well in the closing stages of last season. If you're not interested in the football but want to glare at the away fans and like being filmed by the police, then the back of L1 will suit you down to the ground. If you want to be surrounded by the serious football fans (including the anoraks) then the Kop's probably best.

We go in L1 mainly because it's cheap, and the only other sections priced the same are apparently a bit dead

Some people at the post office tried to prevent me putting my company's mail in to the franked mailbox.

I appreciate they're not going to sort/deliver the stuff, but preventing me posting it seems a bit extreme.

I got some post today.

Not all of it - half of the things I was expecting are probably in some Posty's front room but hahaha the last laugh is on him, the zip drive only cost £2.50 and he didn't steal my Misty in Roots CD.

I was surprised he was working at all.

(I apologise to everyone that works for a living who may feel insulted that I used the 'w' word to describe the activities of a postal worker).

Anyway, I still don't have my season ticket and so I'm officially moving from slightly aggrieved to grumpy.

My mother and most of her family are from Coalville, so I wouldn't want to diss the place unecessarily.

But the fact is that the BNP have two elected representatives there - which suggests a fair few folk share their views.

Those who don't should get their act together to drive them out. It can be done!

Im sure it can!

But i think these days more people just cant be arsed to vote full stop!

I'd be willing to bet that more people in these places didnt vote at all than voted for the nazi's, i used to live in in Goscote and cant beleive they have a seat there!!

Granted it aint the best part of Leics but it certainly isnt the worst!

Anyway, not being pedantic just sticking up for my homeys-innit!!! :thumbup:

Archived