Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
dog_4

Kisnorbo

Darren Purse

Danny Mills

Madjid Bougherra

Sam Sodje

Elliot Ward

Graham Alexander

Bruno N'Gotty

Gary Naysmith

Chris Morgan

Frankie Simek

Jay DeMerit

Paul Robinson

Leon Barnett

Neil Clement

I'd say those above are every bit as good as Kisnorbo, other than Paddy scores more goals than most of them.

I should have asked you to name players who are better in Kisnorbo`s position as CB as you have put quite a few fullbacks on that list like Simek, Mills, Alexander, Clement and Naysmith. From the rest I don't think that Danny Mills is a better CB. Maybe a better RB.

I think from your list I`d say Chris Morgan was as good if not a tad better, Jay DeMerit is a good solid player too and Sam Sodje has got good ability but nothing on that list is stand-out and are far as I can see although I must admit to knowing little about Leon Barnett.

Kisnorbo is a good defender.

If he worked on things such as his distribution a little more he would be up there with the best in the league.

And McAuley should aswell it frustrates me how much these two hoof it they should watch N'Gotty and learn how its done.

Otherwise we have 2 perfectly able centerbacks (Kisnorbo and McAuley) and 1 class act (N'Gotty)

I should have asked you to name players who are better in Kisnorbo`s position as CB as you have put quite a few fullbacks on that list like Simek, Mills, Alexander, Clement and Naysmith. From the rest I don't think that Danny Mills is a better CB. Maybe a better RB.

I think from your list I`d say Chris Morgan was as good if not a tad better, Jay DeMerit is a good solid player too and Sam Sodje has got good ability but nothing on that list is stand-out and are far as I can see although I must admit to knowing little about Leon Barnett.

Purse, N'Gotty, Morgan, DeMerit, Shittu, Barnett, Bougherra, Ward, Sodje are all centre halves and are every bit as good as Kisnorbo defense wise.

What Paddy has over all of them is the ability to score goals on a fairly regular basis.

Darren Purse - OK, probably.

Danny Mills - Yes

Madjid Bougherra - No he is average at best and was a panic buy by Charlton while they were in the Prem.

Sam Sodje - Yeah probably just edges it.

Elliot Ward - No.

Graham Alexander - Yes.

Bruno N'Gotty - Yes

Gary Naysmith - Maybe.

Chris Morgan - Proabably.

Frankie Simek - No chance.

Jay DeMerit - Not after his performance against us. Before i saw that game id of said he would of slightly edged it, but after that no.

Paul Robinson - Yes.

Leon Barnett - Dont think so.

Neil Clement - Yes.

But a few of them are full backs anyway.

I'd say those above are every bit as good as Kisnorbo, other than Paddy scores more goals than most of them.

Purse, N'Gotty, Morgan, DeMerit, Shittu, Barnett, Bougherra, Ward, Sodje are all centre halves and are every bit as good as Kisnorbo defense wise.

What Paddy has over all of them is the ability to score goals on a fairly regular basis.

I agree that some names on that list are as good as Kisnorbo but the standard is so low that there are not that many better and it shows how far the club have come since last summer because we wouldn't have a 2nd player in most peoples top ten defenders in the division. I personally think that McAuley is better than both of our aforementioned players as out and out defenders!

That's the best idea I've ever heard today.

My lunch break is pretty much over though. I'll do it tomorrow. We'll probably have appointed the c**t by then though.

I've just called the ticket office and pretended to be Efan Ekoku, I said I needed 20 tickets for Saturday's game for my family who will be attending to see their father in his first game in charge.

They were keen.

Darren Purse

Danny Mills

Madjid Bougherra

Sam Sodje

Elliot Ward

Graham Alexander

Bruno N'Gotty

Gary Naysmith

Chris Morgan

Frankie Simek

Jay DeMerit

Paul Robinson

Leon Barnett

Neil Clement

I'm sorry I just can't agree with the vast majority of names on that list.

Mills used to be good, now is not.

Bougherra, as someone else has said, was a panic buy.

Ward - don't make me laugh.

Alexander - old, slow, experienced but that's it. He just scores a lot of goals cos he takes pens so gets a lot of press coverage (relatively speaking). If he was any good, would Preston have sold him to Burnley?!

N'Gotty is not as good as PK any more, but remains a very assured defender.

Naysmith is a better player than PK, but is not as good defensively as him. So PK is the better 'defender'.

Morgan is a thug, but not a bad one, I'd put him on a par with PK.

Simek - that's a total joke.

DeMerit - Just not as good. Never been convinced by him, people are seduced by his zero to hero story.

Robinson - yes, he is a better defender.

Barnett - was awesome against us last year, not seen enough to be sure.

Clement - used to be better than PK, not any more, he doesn't even start regularly for WBA!!!

Archived