Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
BigGibbo

How Was Your Day?

Not good - up all night with a sick child and sick wife. Came into work to find that the trunk main that was meant to have been repaired on friday had burst again on sunday, flooding (no pun intended) my workbank with 1,000 no water complaints. This means closing all these jobs off manually which is tedious in the extreme.

How did you come to see it, anyway?

As you say, it's not really something you expect lol

Some bloke round the corner from our office was standing there with it out, cheerily going for a piss. He was stood in the road whilst doing this and I had to give him a very wide berth, as a combination of his lack of control and high winds meant that he was covering quite a large area.

He wasn't even holding on to it - just chatting to one of his mates

Some bloke round the corner from our office was standing there with it out, cheerily going for a piss. He was stood in the road whilst doing this and I had to give him a very wide berth, as a combination of his lack of control and high winds meant that he was covering quite a large area.

He wasn't even holding on to it - just chatting to one of his mates

and you thought it wouldn't be a conversation starter :rolleyes:

been a bit meh, coming down ill but finished a2 media coursework after the teacher dumped a load of work on me for friday :angry:

Got my first teaching job on Monday, starting Sept. Any advice on NQT years/getting 'good' accommodation (whatever that may constitute)/getting prepared for the struggles of the job/moving 300 miles from home, etc, would be greatly appreciated. I know there's a few teachers on here... :)

Got my first teaching job on Monday, starting Sept. Any advice on NQT years/getting 'good' accommodation (whatever that may constitute)/getting prepared for the struggles of the job/moving 300 miles from home, etc, would be greatly appreciated. I know there's a few teachers on here... :)

Congrats on getting a job. :cool:

Not got much advice to offer, really, apart from try to stay organised and on top of the workload in your first year, take vitamin C and get enough sleep - you'll catch every bug going - and don't let people take advantage of you (kids & staff!) just because you're an NQT. Learn as much as you can about the school before you start and, if possible, get hold of plans, etc, so you can familiarise yourself with them while you've got the time & before you're thrown in at the deep end!

Good Luck! :P

Congrats on getting a job. :cool:

Not got much advice to offer, really, apart from try to stay organised and on top of the workload in your first year, take vitamin C and get enough sleep - you'll catch every bug going - and don't let people take advantage of you (kids & staff!) just because you're an NQT. Learn as much as you can about the school before you start and, if possible, get hold of plans, etc, so you can familiarise yourself with them while you've got the time & before you're thrown in at the deep end!

Good Luck! :P

cheers!!

My day was average at best until I stumbled across this gem on lee Camp's Wikipedia page (YES I HAVE NO LIFE):

'Lee Michael John Camp (born 22 August 1984) is an English footballer who plays for Nottingham Forest as a goalkeeper. He has also played for the England Under 21 side. He is well known for being quite camp.'

For some reason it's had me crying.

Edited by Michael The Work Geordie

My day was average at best until I stumbled across this gem on lee Camp's Wikipedia page (YES I HAVE NO LIFE):

'Lee Michael John Camp (born 22 August 1984) is an English footballer who plays for Nottingham Forest as a goalkeeper. He has also played for the England Under 21 side. He is well known for being quite camp.'

For some reason it's had me crying.

perhaps because it's fairly funny - not as funny as a line in the movie I've just been watching.

Old vampire movie - gore, gore and more gore, none of this shit romance stuff, dudes sister becomes a vampire, vampire hunter explain what's happened: "Your sister's a suck monkey" - maybe it's just my immature sense of humour but that's very funny.