Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
BigGibbo

How Was Your Day?

Guest Col city fan

I'd hate to work at Hospitality.

You want to be getting wrecked, not working.

This work/lack of work thing for young people is about work ethic and attitude.

My son has ALWAYS worked, through A'Levels and now Uni.

He's had a paper round, he's been a cleaner and now he's a barman and will be running a kid's sport group in the summer Uni break.

I've never gotten work for him, nor has his mum. He's sought out jobs himself and has gotten most every job he's gone for.

In his own words, he will say that he enjoys a night out far more after he's been working because he feels he's 'earnt it'.

My lad epitomises the positive attitude that many young people have today in terms of not fookin bleating about this, that and the other, but just getting on with it. And I'm hugely proud of my boy.

He's had a paper round, he's been a cleaner and now he's a barman and will be running a kid's sport group in the summer Uni break.

I've never gotten work for him, nor has his mum. He's sought out jobs himself and has gotten most every job he's gone for.

In his own words, he will say that he enjoys a night out far more after he's been working because he feels he's 'earnt it'.

My lad epitomises the positive attitude that many young people have today in terms of not fookin bleating about this, that and the other, but just getting on with it. And I'm hugely proud of my boy.

So you should be. I was/am exactly the same: the Monday I started exam leave in my A-Levels I walked into my first full time job I have been in work ever since (now 26). Have always found my own work and have even been offered a jobs back at old companies that I've had to turn down.

My two brothers are the same, one volunteerd as a 'special' for two years before finally becoming a full time police officer and the 16 year old, just choosing his A-Levels has been working as a paper-boy for a few years and pot-washer/glass collector for a few months now too.

Compared to my three step brothers who have never got a job themselves, they're often on the dole their dad just gets them jobs at his place, they've all been through that place, some more than once. Makes my blood boil, their dad give them obscene amounts of cash to go out, pay their rent etc.

It's frustrating as I'm having to graft my bollocks off and after my mortgage and bills have gone out I've hardly got a bean, yet these work shy fat cvnts get it all on a plate - that said, I would also rather earn my life rather than have it paid for.

So you should be. I was/am exactly the same: the Monday I started exam leave in my A-Levels I walked into my first full time job I have been in work ever since (now 26). Have always found my own work and have even been offered a jobs back at old companies that I've had to turn down.

My two brothers are the same, one volunteerd as a 'special' for two years before finally becoming a full time police officer and the 16 year old, just choosing his A-Levels has been working as a paper-boy for a few years and pot-washer/glass collector for a few months now too.

Compared to my three step brothers who have never got a job themselves, they're often on the dole their dad just gets them jobs at his place, they've all been through that place, some more than once. Makes my blood boil, their dad give them obscene amounts of cash to go out, pay their rent etc.

It's frustrating as I'm having to graft my bollocks off and after my mortgage and bills have gone out I've hardly got a bean, yet these work shy fat cvnts get it all on a plate - that said, I would also rather earn my life rather than have it paid for.

I don't get frustrated at people like that. I look down on them and occassionally feel sorry for them

Well I just spent $4000 on a long weekend (Friday-Monday) for me and my wife to find out the place we went is shite! Looks beautiful on the pictures so we stayed there the night and flew back to Jakarta. I advise you all to stay away from Raja Ampat! Haha.

When the host said "be care not to get bit by moscitos you might get malaria" that said it all!

On the plus side, I can watch the Leicester game now!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't get frustrated at people like that. I look down on them and occassionally feel sorry for them

I know it doesn't make sense as on one hand I'd never want to be like his lads. Ever. But when I'm struggling to pay for my weekly food shop at crappy aldi towards the end of the month and I hear that he's taken his kids to bloody waitrose and paid their leccy bill for them so they can veg out on the sofa. That's what's frustrating. Its almost a mini-version of actual lazy benefit scroungers (not the people on benefits who have fallen on hard times Rincey, actual scummers) versus the working man!

Unless you know people's exact circumstances it's impossible to judge them. There's too many judgemental people out there at the moment. Be proud of your own accomplishments and if you struggle to pay the bills, spend your time and energy on improving yourself rather than looking down on people worse off.

My 13 hour shift dragged on for what seemed to be forever, spent the last 3 hours doing mostly nothing. Back in for midnight then 2 events between then and 4pm and done for a few days. New member of bar staff started who decided to wear a revealing top/dress thing so everyone's now nicknamed her "sideboob" lol

Unless you know people's exact circumstances it's impossible to judge them. There's too many judgemental people out there at the moment. Be proud of your own accomplishments and if you struggle to pay the bills, spend your time and energy on improving yourself rather than looking down on people worse off.

But I do know my step brothers exact circumstances and so I can judge - and as I said earlier this week I am proud of my own accomplishments and as for spending time and energy on improving myself I already devote between 5-10 hours a week on working for free simply because I can and I enjoy my job, a side effect of my job is that it keeps me fit and healthy too so no problems there at all.

Improving a financial situation is not done overnight, it takes time and as for looking down on my step family - it's hard to look down upon somebody who has been gifted a better standard of living than me.

• Like 1

But I do know my step brothers exact circumstances and so I can judge - and as I said earlier this week I am proud of my own accomplishments and as for spending time and energy on improving myself I already devote between 5-10 hours a week on working for free simply because I can and I enjoy my job, a side effect of my job is that it keeps me fit and healthy too so no problems there at all.

Improving a financial situation is not done overnight, it takes time and as for looking down on my step family - it's hard to look down upon somebody who has been gifted a better standard of living than me.

That's fair enough and I was making a general point rather than aiming it at you specifically.

Are you saying I have no work ethic?

Doing my Dissertation atm.

I'm unlucky in that I have to do a software project and a 10k essay on it.

In for 10 days, next 10 days are going to be hell. Bank holiday come at a perfect time though

Edited by lavrentis

Doing my Dissertation atm.

I'm unlucky in that I have to do a software project and a 10k essay on it.

In for 10 days, next 10 days are going to be hell. Bank holiday come at a perfect time though

Urgh. I genuinely still have recurring nightmares that I have something like a 10k word essay to write in 2 days.

• Like 1

if anyone out there would be so kind as to sign this that'd be lovely. back your local bookie so the government don't put in so many measures we end up having to close loads of our shops down. think of all the fun you have in your bookies and all the jobs (my job!!) they supply. if you don't want to then fair play, i get people out there are against gambling and it can be dangerous to some people but there's loads on here who like a cheeky fiver of a weekend and it does no harm to them, for some it adds to the enjoyment of the sport. 

http://backyourlocalbookie.co.uk/campaign/petition/