Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
BigGibbo

How Was Your Day?

Listened to LBC on a long drive today. All they talked about was the protest.

Seemed pointless to me. Especially as they didn't rally around one main recipient of cuts. They all seemed to have different special interests. And the general consensus, as far as I can tell, is that cuts have to happen.

Third top story on the BBC website. So yeah totally out of the mainstream media.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-33210014

OK I give you that.There has been more coverage than normal.It was live on RT.  It is not so much the cuts  but the level of them and  the ones they affect.

I shall leave it there because there is prolonging  something where there is no agreement.

Listened to LBC on a long drive today. All they talked about was the protest.

Seemed pointless to me. Especially as they didn't rally around one main recipient of cuts. They all seemed to have different special interests. And the general consensus, as far as I can tell, is that cuts have to happen.

Channel 4  interviewed a man in a wheelchair on the protest who claimed he'd been beaten up because of the cuts.Really?

Edited by Webbo
  • Like 1

Channel 4 interviewed a man in a wheelchair on the protest who claimed he'd been beaten up because of the cuts.Really?

He meant he had gotten cuts because of being beaten up, he was in a bit of a muddle.

One woman on the march said,'obviously we have to end the deficit and balance the books but why at the expence of the people? The has to be an alternative to austerity'. Its hard to disagree with such logic.

Edited by Strokes
  • Like 1

He meant he had gotten cuts because of being beaten up, he was in a bit of a muddle.

One woman on the march said,'obviously we have to end the deficit and balance the books but why at the expence of the people? The has to be an alternative to austerity'. Its hard to disagree with such logic.

Never saw it but why do people assume  that he was lying about being beaten up. It is a fact that attacks on disabled people has increased. It is a fact that some newspapers have ran stories about disabled people who are alledged to be fakes.It is a fact that some ignorant people disgruntleabout their own lives will react to those stories.  It is a fact that many disabled people have seen help services and benefits cut. We do not know the full circumstances  of why the man said this. I imagine the interview was no more than a minute so to assume that he was lying based on onesown view is wrong.

Edited by Rincewind

Never saw it but why do people assume that he was lying about being beaten up. It is a fact that attacks on disabled people has increased. It is a fact that some newspapers have ran stories about disabled people who are alledged to be fakes.It is a fact that some ignorant people disgruntleabout their own lives will react to those stories. It is a fact that many disabled people have seen help services and benefits cut. We do not know the full circumstances of why the man said this. I imagine the interview was no more than a minute so to assume that he was lying based on onesown view is wrong.

Are you trolling ken?