Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
BigGibbo

How Was Your Day?

Just a few days ago I was smoking Romeo y Julieta cigars, drinking mojitos, daquiris, cuba libres and beers and basking in 30 degree tropical Cuban sunshine.

Now I'm sitting at my desk in shit, cold London watching the entire financial system collapse.

Maybe Fidel had a point after all...

Just a few days ago I was smoking Romeo y Julieta cigars, drinking mojitos, daquiris, cuba libres and beers and basking in 30 degree tropical Cuban sunshine.

Now I'm sitting at my desk in shit, cold London watching the entire financial system collapse.

Maybe Fidel had a point after all...

Where did you go???

A.Cuba!

What has he done?

In the space of ONE month...

1) I have had my basically salary dropped by £1000.

2) I have had my basic salary dropped by £3000

3) I have had my basic salary taken away completely.

4) I have been accused of gross misconduct, and lost my job. After I provided hard evidence that I did NOT do what I was accused of doing (Something I genuinely hadn't done!) I was given my job 'back'.

5) I have been accused of not returning client phone calls (despite having done so).

6) Apparently, I do not make enough phone calls

7) I don't do enough admin.

The company I work for are a bunch of tossers (Making 3 staff redundant in July, then taking delivery of his Bentley Continental GT...)

They have absolutely no idea of how to see themselves through these turbulent times, and think that by giving staff a roasting ona weekley basis, they somehow will be motivated to write masses amounts of business from freshair.

Tossers.

4) I have been accused of gross misconduct, and lost my job. After I provided hard evidence that I did NOT do what I was accused of doing (Something I genuinely hadn't done!) I was given my job 'back'.

5) I have been accused of not returning client phone calls (despite having done so).

The company I work for are a bunch of tossers (Making 3 staff redundant in July, then taking delivery of his Bentley Continental GT...)

They have absolutely no idea of how to see themselves through these turbulent times, and think that by giving staff a roasting ona weekley basis, they somehow will be motivated to write masses amounts of business from freshair.

Tossers.

Sounds like its time to leave!

Sounds like its time to leave!

It is, but I am still in negotiations with 2 places...salaries and stuff.

I need to make sure I get myself sorted before I jack this wank job in.

But when I do...it is going to be THE BEST DAY EVER. :thumbup:

Similar thing here.

Whilst we're doing ok on niche stuff, the more mainstream stuff I do is getting harder and harder to come by. The insurers are demanding new business levels which we just can't secure at the current rates. Basically they'll just have to accept what we give them.

Similar thing here.

Whilst we're doing ok on niche stuff, the more mainstream stuff I do is getting harder and harder to come by. The insurers are demanding new business levels which we just can't secure at the current rates. Basically they'll just have to accept what we give them.

Our department's increasing from 45 to 70. We've become one of the most important departments in the company. Sweeeeeet.

Tossers.

I think they simply decided to get rid of you (even if you don't deserve it - perhaps they are trying to reduce costs).

I have had a similar experience recently, with one of my part-time jobs.

Dropped with a phone call after working there for over 2 years.

I was very annoyed on the day of the call, but (considering they had been making my life hell for about three months prior to that phone call), I felt lighter and happier already next day: I now have more time to devote to more enjoyable and more profitable activities!!!!

The company is/was not in line with my thinking, they don't value their hard-working staff and are downright dishonest (many examples, but this include late paying of invoices, likely on purpose, thus adding insult to injury).

Just because a company is big, it does not mean they do things by the book, they may have a handbook on how to deal with bullying and harassment for instance, but practice lags behind big time.

Try to take heart: it's not you, it's them :rolleyes:

Tabou. If it comes to it, come and work with me.

Will I get any sort of weapon?

That is what you do, isn't it?

Oh.

Cisorno is spot on, they have simply decided to get rid of me, but if the can fire me (which they cant...yet) or try to bully me out, then they will not have to pay me my pipelined commisions and redundancy pay.

The thing that annoys me most, is if they were upfront and honest about it, I would leave on good terms.

As it happens, I may well end up adding Grevious Bodily Harm to my criminal record.

Will I get any sort of weapon?

That is what you do, isn't it?

Oh.

Cisorno is spot on, they have simply decided to get rid of me, but if the can fire me (which they cant...yet) or try to bully me out, then they will not have to pay me my pipelined commisions and redundancy pay.

The thing that annoys me most, is if they were upfront and honest about it, I would leave on good terms.

As it happens, I may well end up adding Grevious Bodily Harm to my criminal record.

and a nervous breakdown? :unsure:

Is there anyone in the company that is on the level?

Someone who could mediate some sort of agreement? Just a thought...

Hope it all turns out well for you !

and a nervous breakdown? :unsure:

Is there anyone in the company that is on the level?

Someone who could mediate some sort of agreement? Just a thought...

Hope it all turns out well for you !

We have 3 'chiefs' and only 3 'indians'.

So not really. I have lined up 2 jobs in different industries, both of which I really want, I'm just in the process of negotiating salaries, but I need to stretch it out until the end of the month when I get paid and officially become self employed, hence, leaving with no notice period.

I can start my new job and have a seemless transition, and no time without pay. It may well turn ugly though, because of the job I do, and how much it will leave them in the proverbial if I leave with no notice.

Being gay isn't a criminal offence, tabou.

It isn't?

**Rips suit off to reveal skin tight boob tube and leather thong.**

Edited by Tabou

It is, but I am still in negotiations with 2 places...salaries and stuff.

I need to make sure I get myself sorted before I jack this wank job in.

But when I do...it is going to be THE BEST DAY EVER. :thumbup:

Leaving shitty employers is the best feeling ever.

Leave with dignity and your head held high.

Don't, no matter how tempting, twat the boss.

You will feel so much better later for it.