Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
BigGibbo

How Was Your Day?

Is this directly from Tinder? What happened; what did you say to her?

Just got matched with a tidy blonde, but I'm never good at the opening part over an app. Always worried they'll not get me and be like "what a strange boy. block!".

It's probably a first me being asked for tips on how to approach a bird lol

My first message tends to start with something like, 'Hey how are you?' lol Most reply to be fair. Chatted for a week or so then asked for her number and got it.

There's a couple of others who've started messaging me since last night!

I'd imagine we're all out there for pretty much one thing aren't we? I always find the less of a fcuk you give the better it goes too. 

Edited by The Year Of The Fox
  • Like 1

Did you used to post on here under a different name?

blue-army-andy, look at his display history on his profile. I've only just realised tbh.

Have you been posting much since you changed your screen name Andy? You used to a fair bit, this is what I mean about screen names, I just can't remember any of the leicester based ones as there's obviously so many.

Did you get Ken to sign up?

I thought about it but decided against (the salesman in me let me down there, ABC. Always be closing!)

Did you used to post on here under a different name?

blue-army-andy, look at his display history on his profile. I've only just realised tbh.

Have you been posting much since you changed your screen name Andy? You used to a fair bit, this is what I mean about screen names, I just can't remember any of the leicester based ones as there's obviously so many.

Yeah I was bluearmyandy, I don't post as much as I used to (I think) as since my job title changed I am now a LOT busier and have less time. I keep myself login in on my phone and pad and end up reading it when I get home or if I'm stealing a few blissful quiet moments on the shitter at work.

Working in the fitness industry as I do I'm sure you can imagine that from Monday we are going to enter the busiest and by far the most stressful portion of the year, I'm hoping that this time in 12-18 months I'll be able to move to a different club in the group, preferably "dahn saarf".

I've also stopped running marathons, Edinburgh practically killed me last May, just shorter distances on the track now.

Edited by FoxesAreBlue

I doubt i could manage the fitness programs at gyms. I do not have strength in my arms or legs.

I was careful not to give too much info away about who I meet. Anonymity and all that.

No problem, I was going to come on and shout about my claim to fame anyway!

Just so you know that any PT worth their salt will make any exercise programme specific to the client, for example, you clearly wouldn't have the same routine as Hulk Hogan but you would still get health and fitness benefits from your training sessions which would be designed bespoke to your requirements.

We have only lady member who is 95!

Just so you know that any PT worth their salt will make any exercise programme specific to the client, for example, you clearly wouldn't have the same routine as Hulk Hogan but you would still get health and fitness benefits from your training sessions which would be designed bespoke to your requirements.

Please say the salt reference was deliberate?
  • Like 1

I thought about it but decided against (the salesman in me let me down there, ABC. Always be closing!)

Yeah I was bluearmyandy, I don't post as much as I used to (I think) as since my job title changed I am now a LOT busier and have less time. I keep myself login in on my phone and pad and end up reading it when I get home or if I'm stealing a few blissful quiet moments on the shitter at work.

Working in the fitness industry as I do I'm sure you can imagine that from Monday we are going to enter the busiest and by far the most stressful portion of the year, I'm hoping that this time in 12-18 months I'll be able to move to a different club in the group, preferably "dahn saarf".

I've also stopped running marathons, Edinburgh practically killed me last May, just shorter distances on the track now.

Ah no, you were all over those marathons last time you were posting regularly, that's a shame. Gotta listen to your tired, aching body though right :P

You were always pretty busy before, hope you're not killing yourself! I don't envy the Jan ---> period for fitness workers, must be a nightmare. Plenty of business ops though I imagine.

Please say the salt reference was deliberate?

lol I'm now going to claim that it was!

Ah no, you were all over those marathons last time you were posting regularly, that's a shame. Gotta listen to your tired, aching body though right :P

You were always pretty busy before, hope you're not killing yourself! I don't envy the Jan ---> period for fitness workers, must be a nightmare. Plenty of business ops though I imagine.

Don't feel sorry for us, we have a very enjoyable job even if it is busy, I must speak to between 70-100 people a day (that's being conservative) so it's never boring which in my opinion is much worse, remembering names is a bloody nightmare though!

As for the running, my body would still be up for it but my mind isn't. Thanks to the unforgiving heat and terrain, I got a fairly disappointing result in Scotland (although at the time I was happy with it).

I had ran 3 marathons in succession (London 2012, Leicester 2012 and Edinburgh 2013) with a load of half marathons in between and so if I wasn't working, I was running... Constantly.... Alone. For about 18 months. I can't face that again any time soon, with the right running partner maybe, but not for a few years yet. I enjoy the faster stuff on the track although compared to others I'm very slow (DAMN my Type 1 muscle fibres!) compared to others at my distance 1500, 3000, 5000 and steeple chases.

yes I guess the programs are tailored to fit. My nephew runs classes but they are music based. Not exactly sure what takes place but i saw im once and he said he had 80+ year olds attend. He's on Facebook a lot and they seem to focus on the fun part a lot as well as fitness.

• Like 1

yes I guess the programs are tailored to fit. My nephew runs classes but they are music based. Not exactly sure what takes place but i saw im once and he said he had 80+ year olds attend. He's on Facebook a lot and they seem to focus on the fun part a lot as well as fitness.

It's a good way to get people interested, one of the toughest tasks of a fitness instructor can be trying to motivate people who like the idea of being fitter, but don't want to do the exercise to get there. It's VERY common and in a way, getting that client to 'con' themselves into enjoying the session is 99% of the job! the actually session planning and delivery is easy!

I once had a very wealthy client who hired me,I trained him in his gym at his HUGE country house but he never really made much progress because he assumed that I could wave a magic wand. He wouldn't follow my advice outside of his 2 hours a week and after a while he have up. Shame as O actually saw him last week too and the small progress he did make has disappeared.

Also Wookie I've just seen your profile picture... It's incredible.

It's a good way to get people interested, one of the toughest tasks of a fitness instructor can be trying to motivate people who like the idea of being fitter, but don't want to do the exercise to get there. It's VERY common and in a way, getting that client to 'con' themselves into enjoying the session is 99% of the job! the actually session planning and delivery is easy!

I once had a very wealthy client who hired me,I trained him in his gym at his HUGE country house but he never really made much progress because he assumed that I could wave a magic wand. He wouldn't follow my advice outside of his 2 hours a week and after a while he have up. Shame as O actually saw him last week too and the small progress he did make has disappeared.

Also Wookie I've just seen your profile picture... It's incredible.

Haha DavieG made it

Went to Derby v Chelsea (in the Blue end). First half was shit, but the atmosphere and game improved in the second. A bit like yesterday!

Derby fans were pretty good to be fair, but a couple of weird chants - "YOU....TWATS" goes on for a couple of minutes. Was right next to them, so I celebrated as if it were Leicester lol

Borovets is quite nice. I go every winter with the missus (she skis, I have no intention of trying!). I'll look out for a guy in a city top with a scouse accent!

Haha, I'm going nowhere without about 7 coats on! 

What are we talking price wise when we get there do you know? Just debating how much money to exchange etc, most places online say it's pretty cheap and we're half board so would only need a meal a day really, then enough foreign beer and weird spirits to get whammed. Don't wanna end up with 100s of Lev too many and look like I'm some sort of dodgy rich Englishman!