Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
BigGibbo

How Was Your Day?

Had a new auto  washing machine delivered  today from Argos   :)

And if that wasn't exciting enough for me the delivery bloke  made it even better .

He pulled the washing machine to the back of the truck , jumped down and lifted the machine onto his shoulder , and proceeded to march up my drive ( about 30 yards ) without any assistance and carefully lower it onto the step .

His mate then came along and just helped him get it into the kitchen.

He was like fookin Charles Atlas !!

were you hiding behind the curtains?

were you hiding behind the curtains?

No , I went out to ask him if I should move the cars out  so he could back the van down the drive, but he just said " no bother mate " and strode past me like he was carrying a school rucksack . 

No , I went out to ask him if I should move the cars out  so he could back the van down the drive, but he just said " no bother mate " and strode past me like he was carrying a school rucksack . 

I had a washing machine delivered like that. The guy just picked it up with one hand inside the drum. I was like sheeet, I can do that, piece of pish. Tried later when no one was around, and nearly fooked me shoulder.  lol

I had a washing machine delivered like that. The guy just picked it up with one hand inside the drum. I was like sheeet, I can do that, piece of pish. Tried later when no one was around, and nearly fooked me shoulder.  lol

:D

have you ever looked inside a washing machine ? apart from the metal stuff , there's a fookin big lump of concrete for counterbalance on the drum,

but the size and shape alone makes it very hard to carry .  

it was the consummate ease that really impressed me though . he made it look so easy as he just marched along with it .

edit ; he couldn't get his hand in the drum , it was all wrapped in poly foam and plastic , he just grabbed it by the corners 

Edited by Zingari

:D

have you ever looked inside a washing machine ? apart from the metal stuff , there's a fookin big lump of concrete for counterbalance on the drum,

but the size and shape alone makes it very hard to carry .  

it was the consummate ease that really impressed me though . he made it look so easy as he just marched along with it .

edit ; he couldn't get his hand in the drum , it was all wrapped in poly foam and plastic , he just grabbed it by the corners 

Mine stripped the box and packaging on the before he brought it in. Just opened the door, stuck his arm in, lifted it, and off he went. Suppose if you deliver them day in day out you turn into a giant appliance scooping monster.

nope. I managed to lift it off the floor a bit with one arm. Fook knows how Zing's or my lad lifted and shifted it whilst not even breaking a sweat across a drive. Beasts. My guy was about 6'5.

I suppose when we see  stuff on telly like "the worlds strongest man"  , carrying a washing machine  probably doesn't sound such a trial of strength.

But seeing people doing this stuff in real life really makes you realise  how incredibly powerful some people are .

I thought I was pretty strong but jeez did he make me feel like a wimp  :D

What's the difference between on here and in person? it's still the way you come across, just because it's online it doesn't mean people aren't going to a judge. If you act like a weird bellend on here people are going to think you're a weird bellend.

Why do you go out of your way to act like this and then get all prissy when people call you a twat? Either carry on and deal with it (because you come across as annoying and weird so people ARE going to mention it) or just act 'yourself'.

Well what's the point in making assumptions?

Don't see the point in acting like myself all the time.

Like I've said many times before, when I feel like posting something decent I will do.

When I feel like posting something weird, then I will, just spreading some harmless banter.

I suppose when we see  stuff on telly like "the worlds strongest man"  , carrying a washing machine  probably doesn't sound such a trial of strength.

But seeing people doing this stuff in real life really makes you realise  how incredibly powerful some people are .

I thought I was pretty strong but jeez did he make me feel like a wimp  :D

I am going to buy a couple of 2nd hand ones and practice carrying them around the garden. Gots to beef up for the new year. Are with me?

• Like 1

Well what's the point in making assumptions?

Don't see the point in acting like myself all the time.

Like I've said many times before, when I feel like posting something decent I will do.

When I feel like posting something weird, then I will, just spreading some harmless banter.

I dont dislike your 'banterous' posts anywhere near as much as others- i just ignore them. But if you really bekieve in the word, 'banter' you must be a bit of a wally

• Like 1

I am going to buy a couple of 2nd hand ones and practice carrying them around the garden. Gots to beef up for the new year. Are with me?

I would have jumped at the chance 20 years ago , but i'll stick to carrying a couple of garden gnomes  around the garden these days, 

Don't let me put you off the idea though  :thumbup:  :D

I dont dislike your 'banterous' posts anywhere near as much as others- i just ignore them. But if you really bekieve in the word, 'banter' you must be a bit of a wally

Sensible.

Ignore them, I ain't bothered.

But the word Banter is in the Urban Dictionary.

I got a new oven the other day, and the guys took away the old SMEG range sized oven. Weighed a ton. One bloke asked the other to lift one end to put straps under, and standing at one end he effortlessly lifted the opposite end. I could barely slide the thing out into the room!!

There's gotta be some sort of way I can exploit this white-goods malarkey ant set up a fitness class...

Washingmachine-ercise.

All I need is 10 rusty washers/fridges and cookers from the tip, a load of people looking for the next fitness fad and bring them together in the park for a "Bootcamp with a spin(cycle) like no other!"

Ill message you back when I'm a millionaire.

3.2kg shoulder of pork (bone in) in the oven for pulled pork at 9pm. 24 bottles of ale and a few nice ciders all ready for the game tonight. I'm watching with a west ham fan. A calculated gamble, he can't think we are that bad after their last 2 showings. Looking forward to it.