Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
BigGibbo

How Was Your Day?

Just found out I am being taxed on my pension plan. Barstewards :( Noticed it was less last couple of months but thought it due to the Xmas period. Am I supposed about the ones that don't pay it now?

Also my last wage has gone into my account for my part time job. Called HRMC but they can't do anything until the end of the month until I officially finish. Don't know what is happening with it but I will carry on in a voluntary basis anyway.

DNO have applied for a community media award. Prize is 2.5k. Good chance of getting it based on the last year. It has to be spent on media stuff though.

The place we were looking at for the radio station may not happen. It is at a community centre and run by City Council staff. This means we may be restricted in what we say. We would not be able to criticize Peter Soulsby's policies to much. Also we would be restricted with the content. That is not free speech. Anyway there are other possibilities.

Was going out earlier but made late with all the phoning around.

Taxes are good no?  You are obviously earning enough there - congratulations. 

Why would a community centre restrict what you say about the Mayor?  Sounds like an excuse to me.

Looking to opt out of my pension, im with the leicester city council, anyone know how i go about this, just tried google, but it just keeps coming up with leicester county council opt out forms.  :ermm:

I think the pensions are ran from County Hall.  Speak to your HR dept, they 'should' be able to help.

I guess youve seen it then.

I've not, how do i see this video?

I think the pensions are ran from County Hall.  Speak to your HR dept, they 'should' be able to help.

Thanks.

Yes, as  above. Speak to your HR dept or through your line manager.

Cheers.

Yes - I'm a premises Manager.

If you're paying £100 a month into your pension (for example), remember that your pension is taken out before your wages are taxed.  You will not get £100 extra net pay if you opt out.  That money will be taxed & you will receive considerably less.

what's considered controversial?

You're kidding? In the corridors of power, DNO are listed alongside the likes of Al-Qaeda and Al-shabaab as major threats to the system. Just the mention of DNO is enough to strike paralysing fear into the hearts and minds of even the most hardened local politicians. There's no way they'll let such an extreme and rebellious organisation into one of their buildings.

Edited by MooseBreath

I had a choice of lodger between a woman from London on a 3 month temp contract in whitwick or a 40 year old czech bloke who works at bardon. I backtracked and chose the woman. I've no problem with the bloke whatsoever but its easier to trust a woman and gauge whether they're trustworthy or not.

I'm away all next week and woukd be more concerned if the Czech bloke would have had it.

I had a choice of lodger between a woman from London on a 3 month temp contract in whitwick or a 40 year old czech bloke who works at bardon. I backtracked and chose the woman. I've no problem with the bloke whatsoever but its easier to trust a woman and gauge whether they're trustworthy or not.

I'm away all next week and woukd be more concerned if the Czech bloke would have had it.

You mean the woman is hot don't you. ;)