Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
BigGibbo

How Was Your Day?

Guest Col city fan

Im off to help the Spanish bird buy a bed lol

Pulled last night resulting in a walk of shame through Loughborough at 730am this morning to get my car.

I've had an hours sleep last night and just sat through a whole day at college nearly nodding off

Serves you right you mucky sod!

:thumbup:

Edited by Col city fan

Guest Col city fan

Cheers again Stu.

I have not. A lot because of funds. I'm just happy it's one thing that I've not got to do again but truth be told I've hardly even looked down the car route as of yet because I know on my wage (which isn't great) I won't be close to being able to afford one.

well done Dan!

My first car was an Austin Allegro. Yours will be better than that pile of fookin shit, trust me...

Serves you right you mucky sod!

:thumbup:

He was over vigorous and burst her, and he hasn't got a puncture repair kit!

Sorry Stu :D

You edited your post Col. Yeh we split up the day of the Yeovil game really and she moved out the day of the Burnley game. She says Im too obsessed with football? lol:)

Talking of bursting things that girl last night.

I had Whole Lotta Rosie going round my head during lol

Its ended my 5 month drought though.

Just been shopping. That girls got her bed, spose I'll have to assemble that tomorrow.

Last night she text me saying argos couldn't deliver one til Wednesday. I drunken ly told her she could stop in mine as I'm away next week. She agreed lol

Edited by The Year Of The Fox

Cheers again Stu.

I have not. A lot because of funds. I'm just happy it's one thing that I've not got to do again but truth be told I've hardly even looked down the car route as of yet because I know on my wage (which isn't great) I won't be close to being able to afford one.

The best thing was being able to drive immediately after. I took my test in my own car.

I sympathise with any young driver who is trying to get insured nowadays. The prices were bad enough when I passed 9 years ago

You edited your post Col. Yeh we split up the day of the Yeovil game really and she moved out the day of the Burnley game. She says Im too obsessed with football? lol:)

Talking of bursting things that girl last night.

I had Whole Lotta Rosie going round my head during lol

Its ended my 5 month drought though.

Just been shopping. That girls got her bed, spose I'll have to assemble that tomorrow.

Last night she text me saying argos couldn't deliver one til Wednesday. I drunken ly told her she could stop in mine as I'm away next week. She agreed lol

She nice looking?

Brill well done Dan the Man.

Well done mate.

Cheers you pair.

Well done. Better than me I got 10. Was it your first test?

Yeh it was. First person in my whole family to pass first time lol

The best thing was being able to drive immediately after. I took my test in my own car.

I sympathise with any young driver who is trying to get insured nowadays. The prices were bad enough when I passed 9 years ago

That's the thing with me. I'm very happy obviously but I'm not exactly buzzing because it remains just as unrealistic that I'll be driving my own car any time soon. I don't earn nearly enough to sustain it and truth be told, seeing as I'm not depending on it, I'd rather wait until I'm earning more than save some now and cut back on things I'm doing already.

well done Dan!

My first car was an Austin Allegro. Yours will be better than that pile of fookin shit, trust me...

lol wouldn't bank on it.

It went a bit like this... I went into the test with absolutely no confidence that I'd be passing. I picked up two of the minors immediately. Couldn't even give him an answer for one of the 'show me tell me' questions which is an automatic minor - and on the first road before stopping at some traffic lights I put the handbrake up before I'd stopped moving. Nerves had taken over and I started to think nah it ain't happening.

My manoeuvre was parallel parking which is probably my most disliked of the three, but I pulled it off despite hitting the curb four times in the lesson before hand, no idea what the hell was wrong with me in that lesson. When I'd done that I thought hang on a sec... I'm in with a shout here. The roads were horrendous, an accident in Hinckley meant that the place was chaos and one road I was on was being controlled by the police.

Considering how slowly I started I'm absolutely astounded that I came out with only three minors - if there are any things that sums me up, then it's that I had more theory tests before passing than I did minors on my practical lol

I also forgot to pay my instructor for the whole thing.

I've enjoyed the whole experience and I put a lot of that down to my instructor. I'd recommend him to anyone in the South Leicestershire area. As much as I've got a driving license out of this - I'd say I've got a friend out of it too who I'll see many times in future.

Genuinely proud of myself yesterday. Outdid my own expectations.

We had a blue Allegro with the round lights not the square ones. Loved it. Brilliant car. They had rally inspired 'hydragas' air suspension I believe. It was smooth as glass :) Edited by BaltimoreBlue

Guest Col city fan

We had a blue Allegro with the round lights not the square ones. Loved it. Brilliant car. They had rally inspired 'hydragas' air suspension I believe. It was smooth as glass :)

lol

Mine had the square ones. It was Autumn Gold in colour and leaked. I remember driving up to Uni in it, just having got on the M1 when the slave cylinder went. I couldnt change gear and had to drive to the next junction in third!

What a turd of a car that was..

We had a blue Allegro with the round lights not the square ones. Loved it. Brilliant car. They had rally inspired 'hydragas' air suspension I believe. It was smooth as glass :)

lol

Mine had the square ones. It was Autumn Gold in colour and leaked. I remember driving up to Uni in it, just having got on the M1 when the slave cylinder went. I couldnt change gear and had to drive to the next junction in third!

Oh yeah, it broke down all the time but when it did work it was brilliant!

lol

My mechanic mate has a TR7 in his yard & when I asked if it was a piece of shit, he said "yeah, it's basically an Allegro".

Apparently, the majority of parts on the TR7 originally came from the Allegro.  Both Cars were designed by the same person.  He also designed the Princess  lol

Fully comp motor insurance premiums

Dropped almost 20 per cent last year.