Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
BigGibbo

How Was Your Day?

She knows and she didn t seem too enthusiastic.

They're both away Sunday so shall be drilling holes then

Oo'er, Missus!

Wouldn't it be better to wait until they're back, fnaar, fnaar!

Sorry, I seem to have lost 35 years in maturity. Time for bed.... Don't you start!

I don't like bland food either, but spicy isn't the opposite of bland. There's room for a bit of heat but too much just kills the flavour completely - you can't actually taste anything because your mouth is on fire. That's why you get lots of spicy food in poverty countries like India, they eat such crap quality meats and veggies that they have to cover the horrible taste with se blanket of heat.

That's my theory anyway.

When I went to North India the vast majority of people were vegetarian and none of the dishes were spicy. They tasted outrageous (in a good way). I'm guessing the spice comes from our own bastardisation. Only time I got the shits was when I decided to gamble on a Mexican Chicken Dominos pizza in the Himalayas. I've no idea what came over me. I had to knock of some kind of weird Government office in a bungalow and beg the kindly old man to use the toilet.

All the meat I had there was pretty crap though.

South West India is known for hot spicy food.

I agree, when I travelled India most food was veggie and very very full of flavour. If I could eat like that all the time, I might just become vegetarian. Not been able to find the same flavours anywhere else though.

South West India is known for hot spicy food.

I agree, when I travelled India most food was veggie and very very full of flavour. If I could eat like that all the time, I might just become vegetarian. Not been able to find the same flavours anywhere else though.

There's a random little Indian called Jai Krishna in Finsbury Park (North London) that does Gujurat food. It doesn't look like anything special but the food is the closest to what I had in India, and you can eat like a King for £10-15. It's not that near Baltimore though!

• Like 1

Right,we had a lad who worked for us several years ago and I had got him a job at my place as I used to work with his wife years ago and knew he had been made redundant .It wasn't much ,but a job,I knew he wanted to better himself so I pushed and pushed for a sales job in our sister company,which he ended up getting.Now the boss of the other company is quite impatient and wanted results immediately ,now I sat down with that boss on many occasions and said give him time he is a good lad and things aren't sorted overnight.Things were starting to come good but he applied and got a job doing the same thing with another company.After pouring his heart out to me and asking my advice.

Now I know its business but he has made a b line for all MY customers because he knows what they have and where they are.Luckily my customers told me this and let me know the low prices he had quoted as I get on with them.so as yet have not lost anything.Feel betrayed,used,let down and kicked in the bollocks by someone I helped get on the road.

Question.is he right in what he has done because its business at the end of the day?or is he being a snake for biting the hand that got him where he is.i haven't phoned him yet as I just feel like I will say something I could well regret myself.At the moment he is a cvnt in my eyes.

Right,we had a lad who worked for us several years ago and I had got him a job at my place as I used to work with his wife years ago and knew he had been made redundant .It wasn't much ,but a job,I knew he wanted to better himself so I pushed and pushed for a sales job in our sister company,which he ended up getting.Now the boss of the other company is quite impatient and wanted results immediately ,now I sat down with that boss on many occasions and said give him time he is a good lad and things aren't sorted overnight.Things were starting to come good but he applied and got a job doing the same thing with another company.After pouring his heart out to me and asking my advice.

Now I know its business but he has made a b line for all MY customers because he knows what they have and where they are.Luckily my customers told me this and let me know the low prices he had quoted as I get on with them.so as yet have not lost anything.Feel betrayed,used,let down and kicked in the bollocks by someone I helped get on the road.

Question.is he right in what he has done because its business at the end of the day?or is he being a snake for biting the hand that got him where he is.i haven't phoned him yet as I just feel like I will say something I could well regret myself.At the moment he is a cvnt in my eyes.

Your judgment is spot on, in my view.

I know that "all's fair in love, war and business", and trying to win customers from someone else by undercutting their price is part of the game, but you don't behave like that to someone who's made a major effort to help you. Mutual assistance is also part of business. I hope your customers view your quality as being worth more than a price cut.

I'd tell him what you think of him, then have nothing more to do with him - and kick him when he's on his way down again!  lol

• Like 3

Greedy snake and shouldn't be given an ounce of respect for it. It'll bite him on the arse one day.

It's not communism anymore, if customers prefer him to you they'd choose him. There's not a lot you can do about it really, it is a bit petty with you making a big fuss over it tbh.

It's not communism anymore, if customers prefer him to you they'd choose him. There's not a lot you can do about it really, it is a bit petty with you making a big fuss over it tbh.

If it had happened to you, would you not be slightly pissed off?

Cambridgefox has been quite lucky in a way and good on his customers for their loyalty. I'd try and look at the positive that you must be doing something right if they're informing of you of that rather than saving themselves money.

• Like 2

If it had happened to you, would you not be slightly pissed off?

Cambridgefox has been quite lucky in a way and good on his customers for their loyalty. I'd try and look at the positive that you must be doing something right if they're informing of you of that rather than saving themselves money.

Sales is an up and down business anyway, you're not guaranteed anything. I did it for a few months then it was just too much outlay for the return I was getting.

I think the most annoying thing is that he has seemingly stabbed you in the back. There's no friends in business! Trades lose customers to other clients all the time, it just depends on the type of customer that you're dealing with.

The ones who know that you do a good job for them will stick with you.

• Like 1