Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
BigGibbo

How Was Your Day?

Finally back on it with a bit of motivation to work, it's taken a while but I feel like I've got my mojo back a bit.

I may have found a hangiver cure as well, chocolate milkshake, this actually seems to work a bit.

Took me just over two and half hours to get home. Someone was apparently killed at 2pm, which is still having effects (main road blocked off). Bus usually takes 30 minutes max but we had to divert. Just puts it into perspective though. Go out without even thinking about death, then you're killed later on in the day. Apparently it was a cement mixer as well.

But on better news, off out to the pub tonight with a few coursemates to watch whoever's on tv. Think it's Chelsea game.

Went on Fire Marshall's course. Can now work fire extinguisher and know that basic rule of fire safety is to get away from fires

Don't they have instructions on them? :unsure: 

And there was me running in to them all this time!

We were shown video examples where people perhaps weren't doing that, but were behaving almost as inexplicably.  For example, if you went into a shop, and the display just inside was properly on fire, would you walk past it to join the queue to buy some fags or whatever?  Apparently people do

They do, but the message seems to be it might be hard to concentrate on them if you're on fire, so familiarize yourself with the equipment beforehand.

In fairness, they did show us a video of someone attempting to put out a fire with a CO2 extinguisher who instead of pointing it at the fire, somehow discharged it into their own face.  I at least learned that if you do this you might be caught on CCTV and have people on fire marshall courses laugh at your ineptitude for perhaps decades to come

In the whole mayhem of a fire and people panicking around you, it'd be good to know what fire extinguisher to use and how to use it instead of trying to understand and learn instructions in the heat of the moment. :)

Pun well and truly intended, I might add.

Narh, MTWG is the apprentice. The master (Kokopops) is 27/28.

What does that make you? The FT Czar? The Regulator (OFFOX)? The Holy Ghost?  lol

On the subject of regulation, I think we need regulation in more industries.

- The brewing industry could be regulated by OFPIS

- Prostitution could be regulated by OFFUK

- Football pitches could be regulated by OFSOD

- Public toilets could be regulated by OFBOG

- Non-copulative sexual practices could be regulated by OFBUGGER

- Caber flinging at the Highland Games could be regulated by OFTOS

Edited by Alf Bentley

What does that make you? The FT Czar? The Regulator (OFFOX)? The Holy Ghost? lol

On the subject of regulation, I think we need regulation in more industries.

- The brewing industry could be regulated by OFPIS

- Prostitution could be regulated by OFFUK

- Football pitches could be regulated by OFSOD

- Public toilets could be regulated by OFBOG

- Non-copulative sexual practices could be regulated by OFBUGGER

- Caber flinging at the Highland Games could be regulated by OFTOS

Completely lost me there.

Completely lost me there.

Sorry, I'm off with the fairies sometimes - the tedium of working alone from home.

The first bit (meant entirely in good humour) was whimsical speculation about your FT status, as a figure of longstanding here, if the likes of Alexikokops has the status of a master.

The rest, going off at a tangent from the reference to regulation, was a puerile play on the acronyms given to regulators (OFCOM for telecoms, OFGEN for energy etc.).

Not sure that it was funny enough to be worth explaining, but avoids unnecessary confusion.

It's just that MTWG was, once upon a time, supposed to fill the role of "pissed up student in need of a haircut" vacated by Alex when he graduated and joined the real world.

I don't know how Marsh has judged his progress!

I get bi-weekly feedback; I bet I'm tame compared to that hedonist. Didn't he finger a jukey?