Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
BigGibbo

How Was Your Day?

lol

My day hasn't been good. It appears that my dodgy disc has moved once more and is giving my left leg some fookin jyp. I somehow got through this morning at work but took the afto off, basically cos I had to. I'm lying on ice as I write.

Not good as tomorrow is the 32 halves in Stamford. 25 big, beer-swilling City fans wreaking havoc (in a nice way) on the citizens of a sleepy market town.

Im hoping the ale dampens the pain..

Surgery likely at the end of March..

:angry:

I'm sure that the medical profession would disagree, but I've always found a large volume of ale to be an excellent anaesthetic (for physical or emotional pain, or psychological frustration with life...the main pain that I'm getting recently).

You just need to get some of those 25 beer-swilling City fans to fill an old bath tub with ice, put castors on the bottom and pull you through the streets of Stamford, while you lie back and enjoy a relaxing 32 halves of beer! lol 

In all seriousness, hope you're OK for the big day (report back once you're over the hangover) and get your back sorted soon.

lol

My day hasn't been good. It appears that my dodgy disc has moved once more and is giving my left leg some fookin jyp. I somehow got through this morning at work but took the afto off, basically cos I had to. I'm lying on ice as I write.

Not good as tomorrow is the 32 halves in Stamford. 25 big, beer-swilling City fans wreaking havoc (in a nice way) on the citizens of a sleepy market town.

Im hoping the ale dampens the pain..

Surgery likely at the end of March..

:angry:

Cracking little place for a drink, had a mate who lived in Market Deeping a few years back so used to go over quite regularly, all dayer in Stamford, back to Deeping for a late couple of pints and then order loads from the chip shop of the year at about midnight and just wallow away the night watching The Sopranos and drinking Bushmills before getting up to open the batting on a Sunday Morning.

Great days

Guest Col city fan

I'm sure that the medical profession would disagree, but I've always found a large volume of ale to be an excellent anaesthetic (for physical or emotional pain, or psychological frustration with life...the main pain that I'm getting recently).

You just need to get some of those 25 beer-swilling City fans to fill an old bath tub with ice, put castors on the bottom and pull you through the streets of Stamford, while you lie back and enjoy a relaxing 32 halves of beer! lol

In all seriousness, hope you're OK for the big day (report back once you're over the hangover) and get your back sorted soon.

Cheers chap..

Why do angry tenants call on a Friday at 4.30pm, knowing full well there's nothing more I can do for them?! 

Suppose it's the psychology of taking action and thinking you're doing something, but bugger off it's Friday afternoon and I was about to go home!

Sposed to be working tonight but still not been told a start time.

Had to phone them to ask, what sort of shite company is it when you have to phone to get your hours.

I've literally never had a company tell me my hours. There's either a rota, i'll ask when I'm there or i'll ring and find out when they need me if it's irregular. 

I used to get told them on a Wednesday/Thursday, the manager texts everyone else with their hours but me.

If he doesn't text you then doesn't that mean they don't need you. Did you say you were getting a new job soon?

I had a job at a go kart/activity place a few years back now but winter obviously got a lot less busy, jobs like this you need to badger them about hours and be prepared to look for another one if they can't offer you them. It's not their fault they're not busy enough and if you think they're managed badly then move on.

I've got an interview for one on Tuesday. I'm really hanging onto this one until I get a new one, not unless the managers sack me for "not putting enough effort" into picking things off the floor. That's what I got pulled up on last time.

I've always fancied going out in Stamford. I imagine it's what Harborough would be like if it put a bit of fvcking effort in.

I can't imagine what Harborough is like these days, can you shed any light?

Last time I went was about 5 years ago, I can't remember the last time I was in Enigma fortunately.

I've always fancied going out in Stamford. I imagine it's what Harborough would be like if it put a bit of fvcking effort in.

Stamford is very nice for a night out. :cool: 

I can't imagine what Harborough is like these days, can you shed any light?

Last time I went was about 5 years ago, I can't remember the last time I was in Enigma fortunately.

lol

It's so bad even kids of 18/19 don't bother any more. Even pissheads have wised up to the fact a fiver is a fvking liberty to get into that place.

I don't mind going out in town so much as I don't live there any more so it's a bit of a novelty, but you're much better off alternating weeks out and saving your money for Leicester/N'ampton.

For some reason the posh girls from the villages still flock to Markidarbrah though, probably coz they reckon the boys there could qualify as their "bit of rough".

lol

It's so bad even kids of 18/19 don't bother any more. Even pissheads have wised up to the fact a fiver is a fvking liberty to get into that place.

I don't mind going out in town so much as I don't live there any more so it's a bit of a novelty, but you're much better off alternating weeks out and saving your money for Leicester/N'ampton.

For some reason the posh girls from the villages still flock to Markidarbrah though, probably coz they reckon the boys there could qualify as their "bit of rough".

I'm so glad I live where I do now. Leicester/N'ton countryside is lovely but the nightlife and social life up here is so, so much better.

Where do you live?

Sibbertoft is where I grew up, now live in Sheffield.

Have you finished Uni Haydos? Choosing to stay in Sheffield?

Nah, I sacked it off a fair while ago. But yeah I've stayed in Sheffield, whenever I visit home (a village near Harborough) it just makes me realise how samey everything is. Same pubs, same people all the time. So many mates and people at home are still living with parents as well because obviously it's tricky to find affordable living in the countryside so it's either that or Harborough I guess. 

Just much prefer city life and independence I guess.

Sibbertoft is where I grew up, now live in Sheffield.

Nah, I sacked it off a fair while ago. But yeah I've stayed in Sheffield, whenever I visit home (a village near Harborough) it just makes me realise how samey everything is. Same pubs, same people all the time. So many mates and people at home are still living with parents as well because obviously it's tricky to find affordable living in the countryside so it's either that or Harborough I guess. 

Just much prefer city life and independence I guess.

Sibbertoft's well out of the way. My mate's family live there and it's no wonder he spends the majority of his week round his missus'. A lot of folks from Harborough have a dig at the place but it's hardly difficult to get away from there if you don't like it. Different matter if you're in the sticks though.

Driving through Harborough its always struck me as a nice place to live.

I am from Coalville though.

It is. A lot of people take that for granted though. Too many southerners moving there using it as a commuter base for London though. It's changed a lot in my lifetime, and I'm only in my mid-20s.

Guest Col city fan

Just woke up to a fence panel lying in the middle of the garden... Winds sounded crazy last night and still quite breezy! Anyone get off any worse?

One of mine is half blown down.. wind still blowing a gale here