Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
BigGibbo

How Was Your Day?

Thanks bomber!

It's a bit awkward when you've been going out with someone for four years and they take you out on your birthday, won't tell you where, but tell you in the taxi that you're just going to love it, it's really your kind of thing, you really will love it.. and it turns out to be... fvcking jazz funk.

• Like 2

Went to the ATOS demo today to take photos and got roped into reading a poem. Bit difficult as i was holding the mic and a sheet of paper reading small print because I never had my reading glasses on. Read the one I sort of wrote yesterday together with a mate.

Think it went down OK. Got some praise after.

Thanks bomber!

It's a bit awkward when you've been going out with someone for four years and they take you out on your birthday, won't tell you where, but tell you in the taxi that you're just going to love it, it's really your kind of thing, you really will love it.. and it turns out to be... fvcking jazz funk.

Your reaction when you get out of the taxi

jaguars-fan-gif_original.gif?1377793573

• Like 1

Does it make it more manly if I say I was only on it as it was midnight and I had been on it from 9am in the morning?

Wasn't as bad as Sydney airport, was about $17 I think and that was a normal pint.

The change in currency has been a killer for us, even Virgin announced this week they are stopping routes to Australia due to costs.

Hell No! In saying that i've never felt the need to change drinks no matter how long the session.

Thanks bomber!

lol

Can relate to this twice over....

1) Jazz funk is the blandest, most worthless form of music ever created. Hated the early 80s jazz funk boom.

2) On the rare occasions we get a chance to go out together, my wife invariably suggests stand-up comedy, not because she particularly wants to go to that (I'd be happy to oblige if she did) but because she thinks that I might like it....despite the fact that I tell her every time that it's not really my thing. I mean, it's better than jazz funk, but there's more and better humour on FoxesTalk than there is in the set of your average stand-up. They mostly seem to be as dull as their audiences. My wife also regularly buys me a "funny" (i.e. cliched, not funny) book about football as a gift... I'd swear (a) that I haven't a clue how women's brains work; (b) my wife has never met me!

By the way, if it's not too nosy, do you mind me asking how you ended up in Sofia (I'm assuming you're not Bulgarian)? You can invent a cover story if you're working for MI6 or engaged in people smuggling...

Yeah, nothing's more likely to change the opinion of someone ignorant on the subject of a particular health issue than a preachy, guilt-tripping message on facebook...

I swear this is the tenth time in the last 12 months we've had mental health awareness week.

Is it a tribute to alzheimers?

Completely agree x 2, I'm afraid, Ken.

Mental health is a very worthwhile cause to promote, not least as it is badly underfunded compared to physical health.

However, there is a risk that bombarding people with facile slogans and emotional blackmail via Facebook will simply irritate, if not alienate. Does it really achieve anything else, apart from allowing shallow people to feel good about themselves and present a nice self-image? You know who I mean - the "darling/alright hun" brigade.

Specific campaigns can be worthwhile: e.g. opposing ward closures, ensuring teenagers gain a basic understanding of mental health. Given our busy lives, though, maybe the best most of us can do is to express our opinions to those who know us and might listen to what we have to say....

• Like 1

With you on that Alf, unless you are watching a really good comedian you know and love it's hard to get into it.

Been to a few stand up nights and they are generally shit, big reason they make sure the audience are well and truly tanked up before the acts come on as some of them are terrible and if you were sober you wouldn't laugh at a thing.

If people are not made aware of mental illness. they will carry on with the same prejudice I'll informed misconceptions.

Thanks for putting us all right Ken. I was filled with hate and prejudice until I'd read those slogans

• Like 3