Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
BigGibbo

How Was Your Day?

It went off at work soo much tonight, mainly due to it being a black gangster people's event (no racism intended). Someone got nicked and like 6 police cars turned up due to the guy shouting "I'm gonna go get a gun". Then another dude jumped over the bar and grabbed a bottle of spirit and tried to hit someone else with it. The another guy punched a girl in the face, only to be jumped on by my manager and a shit load of security and beaten the crap out of.

lol

How is your establishment legal?

It went off at work soo much tonight, mainly due to it being a black gangster people's event (no racism intended). Someone got nicked and like 6 police cars turned up due to the guy shouting "I'm gonna go get a gun". Then another dude jumped over the bar and grabbed a bottle of spirit and tried to hit someone else with it. The another guy punched a girl in the face, only to be jumped on by my manager and a shit load of security and beaten the crap out of.

Blimey , that sounds like a whole lotta fun . And they say people don't know how to enjoy themselves these days .

A game of tiddlywinks would be a lot more fun!

lol

i suppose it was pretty scary stuff actually wasn't it ?

i remember being in a bar in Blackpool when a mass brawl erupted and glasses started flying .

at the time it's very very scary. i must admit i soon made a bolt for the nearest exit  .

lol

i suppose it was pretty scary stuff actually wasn't it ?

i remember being in a bar in Blackpool when a mass brawl erupted and glasses started flying .

at the time it's very very scary. i must admit i soon made a bolt for the nearest exit  .

I was on my break for the gun and bottle incidents which is a shame as I would of loved to have seen it happen. One of the risks you take working in a club though, you could tell there was tension in the air all through the night.

I was on my break for the gun and bottle incidents which is a shame as I would of loved to have seen it happen. One of the risks you take working in a club though, you could tell there was tension in the air all through the night.

Careful what you wish for Lamby lad  :)   :thumbup:

it really isn't pleasant when mass brawls occur , unless you're a psychopath or summat.

i wouldn't mind if i never see one again , it's fook all like hollywood westerns  

Careful what you wish for Lamby lad  :)   :thumbup:

it really isn't pleasant when mass brawls occur , unless you're a psychopath or summat.

i wouldn't mind if i never see one again , it's fook all like hollywood westerns  

Those Hollywood western bar brawls look like great fun.

I imagine the reality is more like Begby in 'Trainspotting'

Cheers everyone. One things for sure, I will be taking her down the KP when she's old enough, and I've told the missis I'm still buying a baby kit!

That's the attitude! I've taken my daughter (9) down on half a dozen occasions - currently free under age 10 in Family Stand - and she sees herself as an LCFC fan.

Last time, she and her mate left a couple of young lads in front looking ashen-faced with anxiety, with their boisterous shouting and leaping about!  lol Her understanding of football is pretty basic, but she loves the atmosphere, shouting and partisanship. 

We didn't find out boy/girl before birth, but for some reason I always imagined a daughter, not a son. Comes with certain major downsides (start schmoozing potential babysitters now, if you don't want your relationship to become a struggle), but massively outweighed by the upsides. Good luck!

• Like 1

Those Hollywood western bar brawls look like great fun.

I imagine the reality is more like Begby in 'Trainspotting'

the glass over the balcony bit ?

just watched that clip and it does seem bad,  but  i think even that doesn't fully grasp the horror of real life violence  (the kick in the balls was slightly comedic).

probably film never can quite capture it really

i remember being upstairs in the old Churchill bar in high street Leic ( do you remember it?)and there was an almighty rumpus in the cellar bar , the screams even from where i was was truly horrible. it emerged later that some laddy  had his eye gouged out .

i couldn't go in there ever again 

I've done all the "big" Northern ones (Manchester, Liverpool, Sheffield, Leeds) but never Newcastle. Planning soon mind, and if it's even half as good as those lot it'll be superb, no doubt.

If anyone has any shouts on where to hit / avoid I'm all ears.

There are a few bars where you can get three trebles for a fiver, might have gone up to £5.50 but you really can't argue with that! Clubs really depend on what you're into, and the sort of people you want to be with,.

I think it's a little overrated. It also depends how old you are. I was there for a year when I was 18 and everybody in the clubs always seemed to be between 21 and 25 and I never enjoyed it immensely. I much prefer a night out in Sheffield without a doubt.

Guest Col city fan

Nice day. Got a week off work now so gonna chill for a while.

Took the boy out for his birthday tonight. Now playin on FIFA.

Football tomorrow. No beers though. I had enough last weekend.

lol

the glass over the balcony bit ?

just watched that clip and it does seem bad,  but  i think even that doesn't fully grasp the horror of real life violence  (the kick in the balls was slightly comedic).

probably film never can quite capture it really

i remember being upstairs in the old Churchill bar in high street Leic ( do you remember it?)and there was an almighty rumpus in the cellar bar , the screams even from where i was was truly horrible. it emerged later that some laddy  had his eye gouged out .

i couldn't go in there ever again 

No not familiar with the Churchill bar. I've never lived in Leicester. And after reading that, I'm not sure I'd want to  :P

And you're right. The Begby scene was quite amusing

begbie.jpg

Edited by OzFox