Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
BigGibbo

How Was Your Day?

One of the strangest things happened yesterday, but it's one of them moments where you really had to be there to find it funny.

So I was cooking my dinner, two of my housemates are on the sofa watching television. There's a knock at the door so one of them gets up and answers it.

I hear the standard "hi, hello", and then my housemate sits on the sofa again. Two girls walk into the kitchen, where I am, who I've never met in my life... I'm like "alright" and they ask me where someone is. I say I've never heard of that person. At this point we're all confused and looking at each other before they say "we're really sorry I think we've got the wrong house"... I joke "well come in and sit down now you're here, my dinners nearly ready"... They both laugh, turn around, walk back out and open the front door to leave... One of the girls says "well its nice to have met you" and they walk out.

lol lol

Sounds very strange, but I wouldn't be surprised if they knock on your door again quite soon. I like what you did though "come in and sit down" very smooth lol

• Like 1

lol lol

Sounds very strange, but I wouldn't be surprised if they knock on your door again quite soon. I like what you did though "come in and sit down" very smooth lol

Nah!

Smooth would've been: "Somehow I knew you'd call round so I've cooked you this lovely dinner. Do you prefer red or white?"

Rough would've been: "Upstairs, second bedroom on the right. Just chuck your knickers in the laundry basket. I'll be up in 2 secs"

:ph34r:

In all seriousness, the ex-partner of an old mate of mine took a fancy to him walking around their local area (she didn't know him at all). So she compiled a completely fabricated opinion poll as an excuse to approach him in the street.  lol Nothing nice like that happened to me - well, not often, anyway!

Nah!

Smooth would've been: "Somehow I knew you'd call round so I've cooked you this lovely dinner. Do you prefer red or white?"

Rough would've been: "Upstairs, second bedroom on the right. Just chuck your knickers in the laundry basket. I'll be up in 2 secs"

:ph34r:

In all seriousness, the ex-partner of an old mate of mine took a fancy to him walking around their local area (she didn't know him at all). So she compiled a completely fabricated opinion poll as an excuse to approach him in the street.  lol Nothing nice like that happened to me - well, not often, anyway!

Very good! Yeah, I should have been creative and used something like that.

Work is stupidly busy. Practically running the place whilst getting paid minimum wage whilst the full timers on £10+ ph do **** all. Getting taken on permanently though so at least there's a reward for it

Rant over lol

Nature if the beast buddy

I think in every company I have ever worked for the people who have been there the longest etc tend to be the laziest workers (generalising I know)

Nature of the beast buddy

I think in every company I have ever worked for the people who have been there the longest etc tend to be the laziest workers (generalising I know)

Found an interesting article in the Daily Record concerning Atos and some of the failings which has resulted In them withdrawing. From the contract with the government early., cannot find it ATM low battery but. Google may help for anyone interested. At the moment in king head then off to games club so no time to search myself.

Sorry.

Edited by Rincewind

Guest Col city fan

Just been on a coaching course today. Not football, but how to coach new recruits to my profession.

The emphasis is on allowing to set their own developmental goals and not to 'advise' but to 'enable' them to reach their own conclusions.

I'm gonna find that hard to bloody do..

:whistle:

Note to self: brogues and kids trampolines don't mix.

You're really challenged when it comes to shoe choices aren't you?

• In bed - take them off
  • Around the house - slippers
  • Digging the garden - wellies
  • Going down mountains - skis
  • Under Water Swimming - flippers
  • Walking the dog through the woods - trainers if it's dry, boots if wet
  • Trampoline - see item one
  • On the beach - Flip flops no socks

Save your bestest shoes for best  :P

• Like 2

You're really challenged when it comes to shoe choices aren't you?

• In bed - take them off
  • Around the house - slippers
  • Digging the garden - wellies
  • Going down mountains - skis
  • Under Water Swimming - flippers
  • Walking the dog through the woods - trainers if it's dry, boots if wet
  • Trampoline - see item one
  • On the beach - Flip flops no socks

Save your bestest shoes for best  :P

Cheers Smudge, I'm printing that out and attaching it to my shoe rack.

• Like 1

Found an interesting article in the Daily Record concerning Atos and some of the failings which has resulted In them withdrawing. From the contract with the government early., cannot find it ATM low battery but. Google may help for anyone interested. At the moment in king head then off to games club so no time to search myself.

Sorry.

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/scottish-news/hated-atos-fit-for-work-tests-axed-3180996

Played a 5 a side game of football tonight down St Margrets Pastures. Some fat bloke trud on my ankle and now it's in absolute agony. To make matters worse I got home and put my feet up, then my bastard dog decides to take a piss in the kitchen. :mad:

I love it down there, find 5 a side to be more enjoyable than 11 a side because of the intensity and time you get on the ball. Although it can get a bit aggresive at times and the refs aren't much of a solution to the problem!

Hope your ankle's not too bad!