Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
BigGibbo

How Was Your Day?

The meet up sounds good fun, is that the pub in the station? If so I go in there a lot myself. Next time I'm in I'll look out for a cherubic young boy, a concerned-looking black man and a wizard.

Edited by bovril
  • Like 3

The sign when you're next to that Sainsburys opposite the station points the other way from the station.

Yeah but you can see the station from there, someone's obviously turned it round for a laugh!

• Like 1

Sainsbury's opposite the station? They built that quick. There is one on Granby Street but you don't go by that coming from the ground. There is just the main road opposite station which leads to Ayleston Road Welford Road and the KP. The station from the Polar Bear is almost a straight line. Find New Walk and you are nearly tnere.

The station is a big building with a huge clock on. Even in the dark it is lit up and can easily be seen from top of Granby Street.

Edited by Rincewind

I was chuffed with the house but it sucked as me and the wife have been going through ivf and found out it was unsuccessful on Friday! Worst thing I've ever been through, absolute mind **** and paying through the nose for the privilege.

Ah mate you have my sympathy.  Been there and it is tough.  I hope you are successful next time.

I think it was about 8 when we split up. I went in that takeaway on Conduit Street. It is not bad. It is used by Indians/Asians or whatever is the right word. So it is a good sign. Think it is a non-alcoholic place. Was not as busy as last week for take away but it was full in the restaurant part.

The sign when you're next to that Sainsburys opposite the station points the other way from the station.

The same station that you came out of upon arrival in Leicester? lol

A look to the right and there it is.

I suspect there'll be other outings before long.

You were mentioned in dispatches. Matt and I were agreed in our appreciation of your old avatar with the 2 Ukrainian women, especially the one in the blue dress. Used to cheer up my miserable working day, that photo did!

Are you colour blind or as I suspect you've a very dry sense of humour ? lol

Angelica the blonde one in a few other pics was the best. I had to send the pics to my mates so the missis couldn't see them. But my mates swapped phones now.

angelica could've been lots of fun :(

It may have been Angelina. I don't know.

Anyway, for you.

Edited by The Year Of The Fox

Guest MattP

A good drink and good company. I even bought a book of poetry, Ken is a real salesman.

We'll have to do it again before the end of season, hopefully get a few more faces down as well.

Lamby, poor show!

Guest MattP

let me know the next

Will do next time, it was advertised in the Charlton home ticket thread, probably should have put it in here.

Guest Col city fan

A good drink and good company. I even bought a book of poetry, Ken is a real salesman.

We'll have to do it again before the end of season, hopefully get a few more faces down as well.

Lamby, poor show!

Let me know the next Matt.. be more than happy to buy yourself and Ken a beer.

:thumbup:

We nearly always go in the Robert Peel after the game. Anyone welcome to join us.

Edited by Col city fan

Feeling rough after last night... I can't remember much of the night. Just getting told what I got up to, I mean there's red bull up the living room wall, for instance, because I kicked a full opened can, it's all so unlike me. 

Feeling rough after last night... I can't remember much of the night. Just getting told what I got up to, I mean there's red bull up the living room wall, for instance, because I kicked a full opened can, it's all so unlike me.

I've just been told last week I was in the local club singing Leicester songs (arms up in the air) on my own with everyone else looking on bemused Edited by The Year Of The Fox

Let me know the next Matt.. be more than happy to buy yourself and Ken a beer.

:thumbup:

We nearly always go in the Robert Peel after the game. Anyone welcome to join us.

What about me? Won't you buy me one, you skinflint?!  lol

I'll have to buy you one then...

Are you colour blind or as I suspect you've a very dry sense of humour ? lol

Angelica the blonde one in a few other pics was the best. I had to send the pics to my mates so the missis couldn't see them. But my mates swapped phones now.

angelica could've been lots of fun :(

It may have been Angelina. I don't know.

Anyway, for you.

Don't know about humour, but I certainly am colour blind. I mean the more curvaceous one on the left of the photo (your right).

Thanks for bringing a little happiness into the life of a sad old git!  :D

I've just been told last week I was in the local club singing Leicester songs (arms up in the air) on my own with everyone else looking on bemused

lol ... It really is amazing what people do when they've had a few drinks. Apparently I was on one of my drunken debates telling the room that Bob Dylan must be God because nobody can be that much of a genius.

Also, the "drunken mind speaks sober heart" statement, is it true? Housemate "opened up" to me, she came out with something she wouldn't say sober. (Don't worry it was very positive/nice!). Just reflecting on it and not sure what to make of it. Always thought drunk people tell the truth.

I was chuffed with the house but it sucked as me and the wife have been going through ivf and found out it was unsuccessful on Friday! Worst thing I've ever been through, absolute mind **** and paying through the nose for the privilege.

Sorry to hear that, good luck :)