Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
BigGibbo

How Was Your Day?

I will, as she said in the phone it's not a role where you need massive amounts of experience so I have a change of winging it.

Winging it?!?? You mean you have the chance to learn and build on the role!!!! Even when things seem to be going well for you, you somehow seem to make yourself look stupid.

Guest MattP

That is because you can join the Masons further up the ladder. Nudge nudge wink wink secret handshake if you know what I mean.

:) :)

Never been to a Masons evening have you Ken?

I'll get you an invite for a do at the London Rd lodge if you fancy it.

I do have experience but only 6 weeks of it which is always a downfall for the other jobs.

If you're through to an interview, it means the company are willing to give you a chance to prove you are the right sort of person for the job. So you can forget worrying about not having enough experience and simply express yourself well and you stand every chance of getting the job.

Guest MattP

Do I get to dress up in a silly costume?

Not at all,

When you go you'll see that 99% of things you have heard about the Freemasons is exaggerated myths that people have read in the media.

They even have ladies nights now.

Not at all,

When you go you'll see that 99% of things you have heard about the Freemasons is exaggerated myths that people have read in the media.

Are you a Freemason Matt?

My best mate's grandad is in it. Obviously don't here much about it. I think he might hold a senior role in the local area actually.

Guest MattP

Are you a Freemason Matt?

My best mate's grandad is in it. Obviously don't here much about it. I think he might hold a senior role in the local area actually.

No, had the chance to start on the ladder but I never fully committed to it, to be honest, a lot of it is a bit weird and the time and effort you have to put in isn't possible for me.

I go about 2-3 times a year though as I've got a couple of close friends who are really into it, ladies nights as thats an all in job and whenever one of them has some sort of personal event.

We had a massive bash a couple of years ago where one of my friends Dad's was Worshipful Master, was a really big event and was actually quite intimidiating watching him do all the stuff he had to go through, great night though and I've never seen so many blokes get so pissed and into such a state. Some of it really is fantastic though, the patriotism, the traditions and the bond that you can see exists.

It would take so much commitment to get to any level though, you pretty much have to show your face every night as far as I'm aware and your amily almost becomes 2nd priority to it.

Edited by MattP

Guest Col city fan

No, had the chance to start on the ladder but I never fully committed to it, to be honest, a lot of it is a bit weird and the time and effort you have to put in isn't possible for me.

I go about 2-3 times a year though as I've got a couple of close friends who are really into it, ladies nights as thats an all in job and whenever one of them has some sort of personal event.

We had a massive bash a couple of years ago where one of my friends Dad's was Worshipful Master, was a really big event and was actually quite intimidiating watching him do all the stuff he had to go through, great night though and I've never seen so many blokes get so pissed and into such a state. Some of it really is fantastic though, the patriotism, the traditions and the bond that you can see exists.

It would take so much commitment to get to any level though, you pretty much have to show your face every night as far as I'm aware and your amily almost becomes 2nd priority to it.

Two of my mates are Masons. At the London Road Lodge.

:thumbup:

Mentioned a few times that the Mrs is running the London Marathon for Banardos and as her mum went through the Banardos they are keen on her family story,did a bit of filming with Daley Thompson the other week now Virgin are interested and she also has an interview with " take a break" magazine today.No pressure on finishing then!Got the Cambridge half this weekend for training which is a few miles less than she has been running.

Not at all,

Yes I expect a lot of it is exaggerated. Probably because a lot of what goes on is not talked about and the commitment that needs to be shown. But would you say being involved with them could help your life outside it too? I would say it is similar to other organisations. If a City fan running a small business would he not be more inclined to set on another City fan rather than a Forest or Man Utd fan if two candidates were about equal in ability? I know I would.

Mentioned a few times that the Mrs is running the London Marathon for Banardos and as her mum went through the Banardos they are keen on her family story,did a bit of filming with Daley Thompson the other week now Virgin are interested and she also has an interview with " take a break" magazine today.No pressure on finishing then!Got the Cambridge half this weekend for training which is a few miles less than she has been running.

Nice. Good luck to her :)

Today has been a write off since I got into work. Forgot the keys to the office. Had to urgently try and get a telecoms engineer out to a site in Maidstone, whilst also trying to create a spreadsheet for a job that I'm pricing up. Then I get a call about having to get some lights from our yard and some twat hasn't returned the yard key, and we need to get the lights over to the couriers by half 1.

Mental.

This cannot bode well for pool tonight!

When it rains, it pours, Bert!

May I ask what you do?

To add to your woes, technically you were in a dream I had the other day. I dreamt I was in sitting in L1 at the KP and we'd just scored so were cheering away. I turned to my left and I see a guy I recognise. I go over to say, 'Hi Rob, nice to meet you finally' and gave a handshake. He gave me the dirtiest, weirdest look. It's only after that that I realise he isn't you and I've made a right fool of myself. I walk back a few steps to my seat, turn around to see if he's still staring at me like I just killed his family, and turns out he's not there any more.

Where did you go :( ?

When it rains, it pours, Bert!

May I ask what you do?

To add to your woes, technically you were in a dream I had the other day. I dreamt I was in sitting in L1 at the KP and we'd just scored so were cheering away. I turned to my left and I see a guy I recognise. I go over to say, 'Hi Rob, nice to meet you finally' and gave a handshake. He gave me the dirtiest, weirdest look. It's only after that that I realise he isn't you and I've made a right fool of myself. I walk back a few steps to my seat, turn around to see if he's still staring at me like I just killed his family, and turns out he's not there any more.

Where did you go :( ?

lol haha I wouldn't do that mate if it was me!

I'm an electrician but I've been office based for a while now because they've needed an extra pair of hands in there. Can't wait for home time!

lol haha I wouldn't do that mate if it was me!

I'm an electrician but I've been office based for a while now because they've needed an extra pair of hands in there. Can't wait for home time!

Haha I know you wouldn't but it appears your doppelganger is a weird one lol.

Is that in Leicester?

Haha I know you wouldn't but it appears your doppelganger is a weird one lol.

Is that in Leicester?

Yeah mate our office is based in Croft which is close to Hinckley.

When I'm not in the office could be anywhere around the country.

We currently have jobs in, Nottingham, Maidstone, Mile End, Redditch and Plymouth.

Rough. Woke up at 3am on Tuesday morning, really warm. Couldn't get back to sleep. Ended up in bed literally all day, then everytime I ate I was sick. Even missed a night out last night, but there was no chance of making it. Had to stay in bed all night, even though I couldn't get to sleep, was still awake at 6am this morning.

Not sure what it was. Maybe food poising. 

Edited by Fox92

Bombing back up the M42 from Birmingham just and pull along side a car with two birds in. They're waving like mad at us so naturally we wave back. The passenger was well fit. I made my mate write my number n name on some paper and I held it up to them. She took it down and rang me bless her lol

Are you some sort of adonis?