Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
BigGibbo

How Was Your Day?

It's a sign!

Generally they're very timid (unless threatened) and will bolt as soon as it sees you. On rare occasions though they can be quite cocky, one jumped up at my mate in broad daylight while he was mowing someone's lawn, pawed his chest and then jogged up the street

Urban foxes are a lot less shy than rural ones. Numerous times, I've seen foxes casually ambling up streets in Leicester or across Victoria Park in full view. In London, my parents had a whole family of them, bringing up cubs on the other side of their garden fence and they'd come down near their back windows, spot people through the glass but still wouldn't scarper....

:D Eldest daughter has just passed her driving test first time. Chuffed as arseholes.

Time to call in 17+ years of favours, Webbo....her first legal drive should be to take her old man down the boozer to express her gratitude by buying him a few pints, then being on hand to drive him home (offering him a shoulder to lean on, if need be).

Not today, but yesterday, I decided to take a day off from writing and my wife and I drove to a ski resort in the Pyrenees. Neither of us skis, but she wanted to see the snow, and Barney the Lab enjoys running around in it when he gets the chance.

So we left about ten on a gloriously sunny morning; it was hot all the way there, getting up to 23 degrees at one point. We got to this resort and had lunch in the open-air, surrounded by French schoolkids all kitted out with the right gear. A nice Croque Monsieur with a couple of glasses of red, then a bit of a walk, and back home. Not much really, but doing something like that on the spur of the moment is what it's all about.

Mind you, my bald old head is a bit red today - forgot to put suntan lotion on again.

Guest Col city fan

:D Eldest daughter has just passed her driving test first time. Chuffed as arseholes.

lol

My grandad (now deceased, God rest his soul) used to use the term 'as hard as arseholes', but I've not heard 'chuffed as arseholes'.

Congratulations to her (and you, of course - she learned it all from your splendid example). As I said to both of my kids when they passed their tests, now she has to learn to drive, so be careful out there!

lol

My grandad (now deceased, God rest his soul) used to use the term 'as hard as arseholes', but I've not heard 'chuffed as arseholes'.

The old bloke who supervised us strawberry pickers in the fields of Kent 30 years ago used to say (imagine agricultural accent): "'Ee's as toight as a duck's arse - and thass watertoight!". Amazing how often he said it - obviously thought everyone was ripping him off...

Thanks for the congrats chaps.

Affording insurance is the bigger challenge.

I've just arranged to put on her my insurance for 25 days (she's going to France on the 7th of April and she'll get her own car when she's back) £80.

Nice one, Webbo. Loved that feeling when I passed my test, though due to insurance costs I had to get a full time job to get my first car. Though I wouldn't have it any other way, still pleased.

Guest Col city fan

Nice day.

Lie-in, followed by a sausage sarnie and watched 'Filth' on DVD.

Then went swimming in the sea (fookin cold!) and finally went shoppin in Hunstanton.

I imagine if I ever won serious money, most days would be as chilled.

Good day now City have won. Bought a dictaphone recorder from Age UK. £2.99/ I was wanting one so lucky iI went in there. Only downside it is a tape one not digital so difficult to transfer to a PC. There was a cassette in it and it was recordings from a BT call centre operate. People were calling him up and giving out details. Phone numbers, addresses and account numbers. Not good to leave it on I would have thought. Should have erased it. I am recording over it. I don't want to know other people's business.

Had some copies of my newsletter printed off. I have set up an email account for people to send articles and request a copy of the PDF.

[email protected].

Some of you may disagree with the views expressed in it. Alf may like it and others so that's OK.

Attached file.

free-speech-news-issue-one-march-20140308-2253.pdf

Guest MattP

I'll have a read of it Ken.

Although "free speech news" sounds like some sort of talk show I'd expect an African or Asian dictator to present.

Guest MattP

I'll have a read of it Ken.

Although "free speech news" sounds like some sort of talk show I'd expect an African or Asian dictator to present.

Got through 2 pages, should have been called "free life news"

Guest MattP

A programme on BBC1 you'll like just started.

I appreciate you reading  it no matter your opinion.

Can I make a contribution to the April issue?

Good day now City have won. Bought a dictaphone recorder from Age UK. £2.99/ I was wanting one so lucky iI went in there. Only downside it is a tape one not digital so difficult to transfer to a PC. There was a cassette in it and it was recordings from a BT call centre operate. People were calling him up and giving out details. Phone numbers, addresses and account numbers. Not good to leave it on I would have thought. Should have erased it. I am recording over it. I don't want to know other people's business.

Had some copies of my newsletter printed off. I have set up an email account for people to send articles and request a copy of the PDF.

[email protected].

Some of you may disagree with the views expressed in it. Alf may like it and others so that's OK.

Attached file.

attachicon.giffree-speech-news-issue-one-march-20140308-2253.pdf

When one of the girls at DNO asks if they can use your dictaphone it means can they borrow your tape recorder. Don't make the same mistake as me and tell them to use their finger.

Edited by Webbo
  • Like 1

Guest Col city fan

Last day off before a 6 day stretch at work

Couldn't motivate myself for the gym today which is not good but hey ho

Sounds like you're knackered anyway bud..

Guest Col city fan

Football rivalry aside, Nottingham is a much better night out than Leicester. Nicer shopping, too, outside the High Cross.

Very true. My son is there at Uni and says its superb.