Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
BigGibbo

How Was Your Day?

Guest Col city fan

Pleasant day again today. Me and the missis walked the dog down to Heacham Beach and loved watching her running around in the pools (the dog, not the missis). Weather absolutely brill too. Got a phone call too, to say that all the I's are dotted and the t's crossed for the new job, starting in early April.

Pleasant day again today. Me and the missis walked the dog down to Heacham Beach and loved watching her running around in the pools (the dog, not the missis). Weather absolutely brill too. Got a phone call too, to say that all the I's are dotted and the t's crossed for the new job, starting in early April.

Perfect day Col.

I just arrived back in Johannesburg.

Yesterday I visited a microfinance group in Coma, DR Congo. See the pictures below.

Goma is a war torn city, the people are really poor. This group meets in the richest persons house. She's fortunate to have furniture and that her wooden house didn't burn down like others did when the rebels attacked.

e7a6aba9.jpg

7a5y2eqy.jpg

7e2agu5a.jpg

I've also attached a picture of lake Kivu which is very beautiful.

8edejyzu.jpg

• Like 1

long week at work over, day off tomorrow listen to us carry on winning. stay in tomorrow night cos i've got an afternoon in work sunday then a week off.

paddy's day monday to make up for missing a weekend out. gonna be large. 

Balti, what do you think about africa from an investment point of view? Will we soon see the kind of growth in Africa that we've seen in Asia and parts of south america?

Some parts are primed for faster growth, South Africa, Nigeria, Angola, parts of North Africa, plus others. But still along way off from the very high levels of growth found in other parts of the world. The high cost if doing business, corruption along with very high gini coefficients is holding Africa back. Part of my work is improving efficiency of financial markets to include the poor and small and medium enterprises. Hopefully that will help improve equality and generate a middle class that can stimulate growth.

May have made a social faux pas. 

I went for a walk and I stopped to chat to a neighbour.  She was in the garden and we chatted about gardening and the nice weather this week...anyway a couple of minutes later I blurted out 'You have really beautiful hair' (she's a redhead, and I do love redheads).  I wasn't saying it as some corny chat up line, I just thought she had nice hair, but I am afraid it may of come across as creepy?  She smiled and said thanks but now I'm worried that it will be really awkward when I see her.

Maybe I'm over thinking it. I would like to hear a ladies perspective but any feedback appreciated.

• Like 4

May have made a social faux pas.

I went for a walk and I stopped to chat to a neighbour. She was in the garden and we chatted about gardening and the nice weather this week...anyway a couple of minutes later I blurted out 'You have really beautiful hair' (she's a redhead, and I do love redheads). I wasn't saying it as some corny chat up line, I just thought she had nice hair, but I am afraid it may of come across as creepy? She smiled and said thanks but now I'm worried that it will be really awkward when I see her.

Maybe I'm over thinking it. I would like to hear a ladies perspective but any feedback appreciated.

This is why I love foxestalk lol

It seems to me that you like her & like her enough to care.  If you didn't, I don't think you would be worried about it.

If she's single & she's at all interested in you - I don't think you should worry & I'm sure she will have appreciated it.

Play it cool.  See if she says something nice to you.......maybe compliments your shoes?

• Like 2