Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
BigGibbo

How Was Your Day?

Cheers Steve.

I'm only messing.

To be honest I'd just leave and don't mention it again. If you brought it up again it might makes things awkward between you both.

Is she single or living on her own? You don't want the boyfriend knocking on your door if she's with someone.

I'm only messing.

To be honest I'd just leave and don't mention it again. If you brought it up again it might makes things awkward between you both.

Is she single or living on her own? You don't want the boyfriend knocking on your door if she's with someone.

I don't know I haven't seen anyone else, I'm probably over analysing it, she probably hasn't given it a second thought.

Thanks for the advice guys, appreciate it.

Guest Col city fan

May have made a social faux pas.

I went for a walk and I stopped to chat to a neighbour. She was in the garden and we chatted about gardening and the nice weather this week...anyway a couple of minutes later I blurted out 'You have really beautiful hair' (she's a redhead, and I do love redheads). I wasn't saying it as some corny chat up line, I just thought she had nice hair, but I am afraid it may of come across as creepy? She smiled and said thanks but now I'm worried that it will be really awkward when I see her.

Maybe I'm over thinking it. I would like to hear a ladies perspective but any feedback appreciated.

Sorry mate but yeah... that does sound creepy..

lol

You should just pop your number on a piece of paper n post it through.

it'll go one of two ways.

lol

:thumbup:

May have made a social faux pas. 

I went for a walk and I stopped to chat to a neighbour.  She was in the garden and we chatted about gardening and the nice weather this week...anyway a couple of minutes later I blurted out 'You have really beautiful hair' (she's a redhead, and I do love redheads).  I wasn't saying it as some corny chat up line, I just thought she had nice hair, but I am afraid it may of come across as creepy?  She smiled and said thanks but now I'm worried that it will be really awkward when I see her.

Maybe I'm over thinking it. I would like to hear a ladies perspective but any feedback appreciated.

Don't think you have mentioned your relative ages/status. If you are my age (68) and she's under the age of 30, she might think you're a bit odd - depending on how you said it. If you are both single and of similar ages, she might think it's a nice chat-up line. If she's married and you're single (or married), you could be getting into something you might regret.

However, the fact that she smiled and said thanks (rather than said "Oh, what a strange thing to say") indicates that she wasn't offended. At least you didn't say, "I suppose a shag's out of the question?" Save that for later.

Tired after today... Got up at 6, bus at 7, train at 7.45... Had to go to Stockport to film for our Uni project. Only just walked back through the door. Had no food and it was cold and raining.

Don't think you have mentioned your relative ages/status. If you are my age (68) and she's under the age of 30, she might think you're a bit odd - depending on how you said it. If you are both single and of similar ages, she might think it's a nice chat-up line. If she's married and you're single (or married), you could be getting into something you might regret.

However, the fact that she smiled and said thanks (rather than said "Oh, what a strange thing to say") indicates that she wasn't offended. At least you didn't say, "I suppose a shag's out of the question?" Save that for later.

She's about my age.  Late 30's.

Thanks for the chat up line.

Ronnie, I'm expecting updates. Either on here or crime watch. :-)

lol

Edited by purpleronnie

I don't know I haven't seen anyone else, I'm probably over analysing it, she probably hasn't given it a second thought.

Thanks for the advice guys, appreciate it.

I bet she has given it a second thought.in fact I bet she is thinking about it right now Ronnie!

I would say something if it's on your mind, I would say."your hair did look nice treacle( optional) but I laughed to myself later because I thought I sounded like a weirdo,of which I'm not.Anyway I hope it didn't make you feel awkward"" oh and no need to get out of the bath,I will let myself out like I let myself in,and another thing you didn't compliment me on my shoes you selfish mare"

• Like 4

I bet she has given it a second thought.in fact I bet she is thinking about it right now Ronnie!

I would say something if it's on your mind, I would say."your hair did look nice treacle( optional) but I laughed to myself later because I thought I sounded like a weirdo,of which I'm not.Anyway I hope it didn't make you feel awkward"" oh and no need to get out of the bath,I will let myself out like I let myself in,and another thing you didn't compliment me on my shoes you selfish mare"

He needs to nip round to borrow some ketchup or something