Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
BigGibbo

How Was Your Day?

About to leave for my business PF assessment.

I'm even wearing a shirt :D

An hour giving parents financial advice, loving it. Much better than writing an hour essay.

How did that go pal?

Great day, passed my driving test and had the day off work. Fantastic.

Well done mate :appl:

I spent part of this afternoon talking to the father of a 10yr old lad.

His mum has cancer and is shortly going to kop it but he doesn't know yet. The family are going on a tour of Africa as a final holiday and I've set up blogs, web pages and emails for them to keep in contact with his classmates and for him to be able to access the curriculum from there.

Crushingly sad - and yet an opportunity to remember to rejoice in the things of life worth grabbing and holding dear for the brief moments you have them.

Strangely enough the roofing lad I mentioned today had a similar tale to tell about his wife's mum - she's in her 40's. A market trader friend has just had the same news. Is everybody going down with cancer? And why?

You're 100% right about rejoicing in life all you can but it's still great you've taken the trouble to sort out computer contact for the lad and his family while they're away.

If nothing else it's been a good day for seeing/hearing the best of people. :thumbup:

Strangely enough the roofing lad I mentioned today had a similar tale to tell about his wife's mum - she's in her 40's. A market trader friend has just had the same news. Is everybody going down with cancer? And why?

You're 100% right about rejoicing in life all you can but it's still great you've taken the trouble to sort out computer contact for the lad and his family while they're away.

If nothing else it's been a good day for seeing/hearing the best of people. :thumbup:

If anyone wants a decent night out in Maidstone on 22nd November 2008, it's the annual dinner dance for the cancer charity which myself and a friend run. It's a longshot - but if anyone is at a loose end, it's based at a hotel so easy to stay!

I think I heard that 1 in 3 people get cancer at some point in their lives.

If anyone wants a decent night out in Maidstone on 22nd November 2008, it's the annual dinner dance for the cancer charity which myself and a friend run. It's a longshot - but if anyone is at a loose end, it's based at a hotel so easy to stay!

One in three is what I read too and it's appalling.

For sure we're doing something wrong. Whether it's connected to food, pollution, or our lifestyles I don't know.

But we need to start finding some answers both in terms of the reasons for cancer and the treatment offered.

Good luck with your charity efforts.

This sounds lame compared to the above posts... :(

But I've now got a full-blown cold. I ache from head to toe and my nose won't stop streaming. :cry:

I'm off to create a den under my duvet with my laptop, an enormous box of tissues and a bottle of hot mulled wine (purely medicinal!) for company.

:(

I think that's a very good thing you're running Mr W. Kudos on that.

Cancer's a bastard. I never met my grandma because of cancer.

I think that's true that 1 in 3 people get it, and that means that almost everybody is affected by it in some way.

How did that go pal?

Just got back. It went alright, but as the relief of getting it over with subsides, I can't help feeling I could have done a lot better. >_<

Good experience though...I found approaching randomers and keeping their attention scary, but managed it :D

I didn't get up early enough to have a turd. I was half an hour late. I have to pick my girlfriend up from the station in 3 hours who has just come back from the states.

My god i feel like crap.

2 x double max strength lempsips to battle this bastard.

MF on a bad day so far. :(

Take me to bed please, anyone.

Phubes? Help me...

Edited by Master Fox

Despite being ill, I forced myself to run for 20 minutes. I say 20 minutes, it was stop/start the whole time due to stupid laces and then stupid hair. Stupid coughing also didn't help. The upside is that for some reason, I managed to unblock my nose, albeit temporarily.

I now feel dizzy, and I need to push out another 500 words for the dullest essay ever. Then I can concentrate on the more interesting essay. And making Spag Bol. And more Toffee Ginger cakes, with fudgy icing.