Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
BigGibbo

How Was Your Day?

Thought I was somewhat breezing this year, done my exam and a couple of assignments, but all work has just seemed to come at once ever since it turned March. Two assignments, one 12 minute documentary and another group project all due on Monday and Tuesday next week. Got to that point now where I'm thinking ffs. Distracted so easy at times.

Guest MattP

Watching the budget.

What a cracking job Osborne has done, fastest growing economy than any major country in the world and now for the first time in 35 years we a higher employment rate than the USA.

Ed Balls looking very uncomfortable as Gideon goes through all his incorrect predictions one by one lol A million more unemployed, triple dip recession lol

Not worth a new thread - anyone in Leicester on EE got no service?

I'm in Loughborough, lost service for about 10 mins just after 6, but no trouble since.

Had problems here in Bedford recently (through the last month) due to a broken mast.

Rang EE up, explained that I had loss of coverage, poor signal consistently - they should do a signal check for your area and note there have been problems. Said I can't use the phone I'm paying for and keep getting dropped calls. They then asked what I use more of - voice calls or data. Immediately knew what they were hinting at and said that I don't want any extra of that for future; I'd like some compensation for the previous month bad service. They'll speak to their senior. I got a free month's credit on my phone :)

Literally nearly killed someone today... So three of us were at my mates flat. It has those automatic gates to allow vehicles in and out. 

We were out in the car park, one of mates drove in, anyway, this woman shouts us for help. One of the automatic gates is stuck. 

She tells us to move it right, to shut it. Two of us (me included) push this massive gate (about 7feet high and 10feet wide) right, the woman screams "stop". The gate disconnects from the automatic hinges, drops forward, we have to let it go so we don't go with it, and as it drops forward one guy is just walking down the street. He has to step backwards so the gate doesn't hit him. It smashes into the ground. 

Literally, if he was half of a second in front, or didn't step back, I have no doubts the gate would have crushed him. He joked about it and commented about compensation but I was more concerned about it killing him. I still can't comprehend how he got out the way in time.

Guest MattP

Not good.

Not been paid, got loads to do and to cap it off now off to hospital to visit my grandad who has been taken in for an operation. Not been in a hospital since I was born.

Can only get better tomorrow at least!

Guest Col city fan

Not good.

Not been paid, got loads to do and to cap it off now off to hospital to visit my grandad who has been taken in for an operation. Not been in a hospital since I was born.

Can only get better tomorrow at least!

Not good Matt. Bring on tomorrow..

:thumbup:

Literally nearly killed someone today... So three of us were at my mates flat. It has those automatic gates to allow vehicles in and out. 

We were out in the car park, one of mates drove in, anyway, this woman shouts us for help. One of the automatic gates is stuck. 

She tells us to move it right, to shut it. Two of us (me included) push this massive gate (about 7feet high and 10feet wide) right, the woman screams "stop". The gate disconnects from the automatic hinges, drops forward, we have to let it go so we don't go with it, and as it drops forward one guy is just walking down the street. He has to step backwards so the gate doesn't hit him. It smashes into the ground. 

Literally, if he was half of a second in front, or didn't step back, I have no doubts the gate would have crushed him. He joked about it and commented about compensation but I was more concerned about it killing him. I still can't comprehend how he got out the way in time.

She shouted for help cos one of the automatic gates was stuck?

She shouted for help cos one of the automatic gates was stuck?

Yeah. She was one of the workers, she was like trying to maintain it. Really weird situation to be in. Think she only wanted it shut so nobody could get in. We pushed it too far right, literally never seen anything like it.

Went out for a curry tonight, sat down and ordered our Cobras and a dozen immigration officers burst into the place.  lol  lol  lol

Apparently two geezers got nicked trying to climb the wall and another got pilfered trying to dig a tunnel underneath.

Reckon they must've nabbed the head chef because the lamb dish I had (which had two chillies next to it on the menu) was about the blandest thing I've ever tasted.

• Like 2

Went out for a curry tonight, sat down and ordered our Cobras and a dozen immigration officers burst into the place. lollollol

Apparently two geezers got nicked trying to climb the wall and another got pilfered trying to dig a tunnel underneath.

Reckon they must've nabbed the head chef because the lamb dish I had (which had two chillies next to it on the menu) was about the blandest thing I've ever tasted.

lol lol

Was this somewhere in Leicester?