Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
BigGibbo

How Was Your Day?

Do you actually though? You don't just spunk it on ridiculous bets, no?

He told us what he spends it on.

Football tickets, bets, chocolates & sweets.

Not even clothes & proper food.

Shocking tbh, but hardly surprising. 

I had to get my licence plates this morning. I went yesterday too, but got bored after 2 hours. It took another 2 hours this morning.

I registered the car in November last year, but they didn't print the plate until I went to the department of transport. That's the process apparently. You have to go to the workshop and wait hours. Crazy.

Got a call last week from a retailer asking me to review their marketing communications and certify that it met some regulations. The deadline is the end of this month (ie, Monday). Not a thing I had done before, but I said yes, and they accepted my quote, so I had a go at it. As I say, I've never done anything like that before, but I wanted to do a good job and I spent a few hours working out how to do it (a lot of the time, walking with my dog, which is where I think best).

I won't bore with the details, but I did a lot of research, wrote a report and sent in the first draft yesterday afternoon, saying "Let me have any comments/amendments/criticisms and I will do a revise with an executive summary, and let you have it first thing Friday at the latest." Got a call this morning saying they don't want any changes, it's exactly what they wanted, and can I send in the final draft.

I'm seriously pleased with myself, despite the fact that I've got a stinking cold.

Edited by LanguedocFox
  • Like 2

Got a call last week from a retailer asking me to review their marketing communications and certify that it met some regulations. The deadline is the end of this month (ie, Monday). Not a thing I had done before, but I said yes, and they accepted my quote, so I had a go at it. As I say, I've never done anything like that before, but I wanted to do a good job and I spent a few hours working out how to do it (a lot of the time, walking with my dog, which is where I think best).

I won't bore with the details, but I did a lot of research, wrote a report and sent in the first draft yesterday afternoon, saying "Let me have any comments/amendments/criticisms and I will do a revise with an executive summary, and let you have it first thing Friday at the latest." Got a call this morning saying they don't want any changes, it's exactly what they wanted, and can I send in the final draft.

I'm seriously pleased with myself, despite the fact that I've got a stinking cold.

Good stuff :)

There could be the prospect of me working directly for a firm and earning a 6 figure salary doing exactly what I do now.

Christ if the opportunity materialises I'd have to seriously think about it

For plumbing? Sounds a bit too good to be true to me.

Got my group projects and assignments handed in Tuesday. Groups had to then present/sell their poster and website in the main lobby at Uni while everyone was walking past, and answer questions should people have any. One of my group members is from Malaysia and the other has a stutter, so I thought I'd lead. It was good, I'd certainly say it improved my communication skills... Went out that night after listening to Leicester. Woke up without a hangover then went to Cinema with a bird yesterday. So a decent couple of hours.

Edited by Fox92

Guest Col city fan

I won't bore with the details, but I did a lot of research, wrote a report and sent in the first draft yesterday afternoon, saying "Let me have any comments/amendments/criticisms and I will do a revise with an executive summary, and let you have it first thing Friday at the latest." Got a call this morning saying they don't want any changes, it's exactly what they wanted, and can I send in the final draft.

Blimey! They accepted your first draft!

Well done buddy..

There could be the prospect of me working directly for a firm and earning a 6 figure salary doing exactly what I do now.

Christ if the opportunity materialises I'd have to seriously think about it

you'd have to seriously think about earning £100k+?! 

The maximum length of the job would be 3years. It could go tits up after 1 year. Would it still be worth it?

Probably

Would take me at least 15 years to earn the same amount as you'd be earning in three!  lol

Edited by Voll Blau

I've finally caught Bin Laden.

The demented squirrel that has been genuinely ruining my life for the past six weeks was today captured and executed.

One of my customers has a wooded area in his front garden.  He sits in his bedroom window with his air rifle taking pot shots.  His garden is a squirrel's graveyard.

On an animal theme.  Jackdaws!!  They're nesting in next door's chimney pots.  What a horrible racket they make all fvcking day.

Edited by pSinatra