Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
BigGibbo

How Was Your Day?

Yesterday was great had a few beers went to the AFL and then the football with the boys bout 8 of us. I went home straight after the match with another mate and let them kick on like we usually do. Wake up this morning to a lot of missed calls and messages. One of my mates got king hit and is now in a coma, absolutely shaking at the moment.

Hope everything turns out ok for him.

It's Mother's Day - if you've forgotten you'd better get your arse into gear and dash round with a bunch of flowers, at least! 

Just got back from the Whitehouse (not Obama's place), very nice and I've had a few. I think my mother enjoyed it too.

The Kings Head landlords have brewed a very nice 5.2% ginger beer. Run out now but they plan to do more.

This is for my mother although she will not see it. Phoned her earlier though. Spoke to my sister about her wedding in June. Its taking place during the world Cup (28th) and it will be the knock out stage so won't miss any England games lol The reception at night is in a marquee and they have a TV in the bar of the hotel it is being held at. Will have to get some measurements for a suit they are hiring. The place is in Leicester but do not do fittings as it is mainly a warehouse type place but I can get sizes from somewhere like M&S. They can send a replacement at short notice so will go up a few days before.

https://audioboo.fm/boos/1869336-mother

Edited by Rincewind

Yesterday was a bit of a disaster. Really windy day, and my new satellite dish blew off the wall about two minutes after Nugent scored, smashing the arm which supports the LNB head! I managed to get a live feed on the computer so I saw the rest of the match, including Wood's cracker, but last night it was a case of watching DVDs, and no FLS - which is a bit of a booger.

Today, I refitted my old satellite dish, which is too small to get terrestrial UK channels - so still no BBC - but it can get Sky. Somehow I got it working, so I am sorted for Friday. Also ordered a new LNB support, and bought new stronger bolts to refit the new dish when the support arrives. I also planted about 36 lavenders, and about 12 assorted shrubs making the garden look a bit tidier.

So I am feeling pretty pleased with myself, although I am absolutely knackered. And I am about to have my first glass of red.

Isn't it a wonderful time to be a City fan.

Yesterday was great had a few beers went to the AFL and then the football with the boys bout 8 of us. I went home straight after the match with another mate and let them kick on like we usually do. Wake up this morning to a lot of missed calls and messages. One of my mates got king hit and is now in a coma, absolutely shaking at the moment.

That's awful, hope your mate recovers and glad they caught the cvnt who did it. I wish people would just be happy drunks.

My gaffer used to be a rep in falaraki about 10 years ago and he's told me a similar story about a group of 18 year olds on their first holiday and one of them was hit round the head by a pipe, took a chunk out of his head and he's now basically stuck with the mental age of an infant - the boss is still in touch with the group and the lad still like it now.

Such horrible stoies. Fingers crossed for your mate.

Yeah it's a dog act, just wished i had stayed out with him. His out today but can't drive for 8 weeks and must have regular brain scans to monitor the swelling. Does have a fractured skull and a few staples for a decent gash to his head.

Positive is they have caught the bloke and one of our copper mates has given us the case info and we may get his address.

When you are unprepared for it or someone hits you from behind. Basically someone who's a coward.

Pretty Much spot on

Yeah it's a dog act, just wished i had stayed out with him. His out today but can't drive for 8 weeks and must have regular brain scans to monitor the swelling. Does have a fractured skull and a few staples for a decent gash to his head.

Positive is they have caught the bloke and one of our copper mates has given us the case info and we may get his address.

Pretty Much spot on

Only just picked this up. It sounds awful, and I'm sure we all hope your mate recovers fully. Take it easy.

Guest MattP

Sorry to hear that Roo. Seems to be a big problem down there was reading in the Times last week about how new punishing laws have been put in place to try and combat drunken violence.

Felt good today despite a heavy weekend, need to get a new job very soon though, just not got the disposable income I used to have.

Pretty Much spot on

What makes someone do that,we all get p!ssed and do stupid things( or is that just me) but that is a Sh!tty low blow.Hope he is proud of himself and your mate is ok. Edited by cambridgefox