Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
BigGibbo

How Was Your Day?

Got a job interview today. Shitting it. I just hate interviews, never feel comfortable or confident at all. I think it's the format more than anything else - I always feel like I'm sat in the headmaster's office about to get a bollocking.

I've done my research though and I've been prepping all weekend, so fingers crossed it should go well. Quite excited about the role itself - just need to get the bugger now.

Good luck. I always feel the same. People say just be yourself but in an interview it's always natural to try and impress and what plays on your mind is that yourself might not be enough!

Got a job interview today. Shitting it. I just hate interviews, never feel comfortable or confident at all. I think it's the format more than anything else - I always feel like I'm sat in the headmaster's office about to get a bollocking.

I've done my research though and I've been prepping all weekend, so fingers crossed it should go well. Quite excited about the role itself - just need to get the bugger now.

just slip in a mention that you support the great leicester city and talk about that for the whole interview, that's what i did in my last one and got the job. 

good luck tho mate interviews can be anright pain in the bumhole but hopefully you'll look back at this one an have a little giggle aba how easy it was!!

FVCCKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK!!!!!

Banks/mortgage brokers/settlement agents. Your job is to facilitate the transfer of funds, the documents are signed, the date is set... just make it happen at the time it is supposed to happen... you useless fvcking pricks.. the contract says settlement today.. today has finished... why has it not fvcking settled??????

Internet providers... just do it!... cancel on date X.... start on date Y... its not that fvcking hard is it??

man-screaming-on-phone.jpg?w=500

• Like 1

The snobbery surrounding football shirts makes me chuckle.

I own a few, I quite like some of them. I wouldn't wear them in the pub or even shopping in town but there's a time and a place.

They're okay to run / exercise in, I play five a side in them, they're light and pretty comfy for slobbing round the house and the garden in when it's hot or you're abroad.

The sports-casual hipsters who act like anyone over twelve who buys a replica must have an autistic spectrum disorder need to take their heads out of their arses.

So Finners, how was your day?

The snobbery surrounding football shirts makes me chuckle.

I own a few, I quite like some of them. I wouldn't wear them in the pub or even shopping in town but there's a time and a place.

They're okay to run / exercise in, I play five a side in them, they're light and pretty comfy for slobbing round the house and the garden in when it's hot or you're abroad.

The sports-casual hipsters who act like anyone over twelve who buys a replica must have an autistic spectrum disorder need to take their heads out of their arses.

The lady doth protest too much, methinks.

They just seem a bit weird to wear to anything other than...

a) football matches

b) the pub to watch your team play

c) to play sport in

Well yeah, I've never gone on the pull in my Avispa Fukuoka shirt but it's a nice souvenir and a good conversation starter playing 5s.

Good luck. I always feel the same. People say just be yourself but in an interview it's always natural to try and impress and what plays on your mind is that yourself might not be enough!

just slip in a mention that you support the great leicester city and talk about that for the whole interview, that's what i did in my last one and got the job. 

good luck tho mate interviews can be anright pain in the bumhole but hopefully you'll look back at this one an have a little giggle aba how easy it was!!

Best of luck Indie.

Cheers boys!

Just got back and I think it went quite well. I can usually tell if I've had a good interview or a shitter, and this one was in the former category.

Just got to keep my fingers crossed now and see what happens.

4 pyjama top

Mine are the older past seasons. Watch the game down the pub in em. I just use them as T shirts. Nobody has objected or a random stranger come up to me and said 'you're shit' I would just smile and slowly move away from them making a circle motion towards my head.

It was fine until Strokes said that only children buy/wear replicas. :D

Just as you were about to put me down as the poster you most agree with. :P

Honestly they arent a good look, fair enough for having a kick about if you must but for general wear. No!

Just as you were about to put me down as the poster you most agree with. :P

Honestly they arent a good look, fair enough for having a kick about if you must but for general wear. No!

Oh aye, like I said, I'm not the fashion police - I don't give a toss what you wear - but I personally wouldn't wear them out and in general.

I'm just saying there's a time and a place.

As an aside, I feel a little different about rugby shirts. For some reason they're more tolerable. I'm probably just a snob.

Edited by Finnegan

congratulations.

Nice one, lav. Is it part time while you study or a grad job for when you finish?

Congrats dude.

Cheers all

@Finners, I can start now if I want too (i've practically finished uni). It's a full time job doing software development (mainly in oo PHP).

I'm officially prepared for a hunchback, square eyes and for my hand to develop the claw. Ah well least i'll get paid for it :D

It's local in Leicestershire as well so i'm pleased with that, can go see City in the prem.

Can tell its a risk employing fresh grad's who arent even graduated yet but he seemed keen so why not lol

Oh aye, like I said, I'm not the fashion police - I don't give a toss what you wear - but I personally wouldn't wear them out and in general.

I'm just saying there's a time and a place.

As an aside, I feel a little different about rugby shirts. For some reason they're more tolerable. I'm probably just a snob.

Why do rugby shirts look like they've been ironed on a wok?