Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
BigGibbo

How Was Your Day?

Try working Friday/Saturday nights, no social life what so ever. I'm not needed on Saturday night so will use that time to catch up with people depending what time I get back from Brighton at.

Guest MattP

Try working Friday/Saturday nights, no social life what so ever. I'm not needed on Saturday night so will use that time to catch up with people depending what time I get back from Brighton at.

You were unemployed for 20 years and had no social life anyway on Friday and Saturday nights so what difference does it make?

You were unemployed for 20 years and had no social life anyway on Friday and Saturday nights so what difference does it make?

You're making me sound bloody ancient, I'm not even at mid-twenties yet.

Just go out on a different day

I can't when no one else goes out then. Normal pub nights are Saturday nights, sometimes switched to Friday.

I can't when no one else goes out then. Normal pub nights are Saturday nights, sometimes switched to Friday.

My heart bleeds for you. :rolleyes: 

Cheers chaps! Just got back to my office - they told me at the interview that I'm down to the final stage. Just got to go and meet their client at the client's Hammersmith HQ on Tuesday. It's a massive client! Will be very excited if I get this...

Good Luck

Congrats! Stressful time!

Cheers, just heard that the floors have come up even better than hoped.. happy days :)

• Like 1

That was the worst thing about working a pub job, mind you - I was the one who organised the rota, so I usually made sure I got a Friday or Saturday night off every once in a while.

If I was working on a Friday or Saturday, I'd shut the pub at 12, get everything cleaned up and sorted and then I'd book a taxi into town, sink a few catch-up pints with the landlord and then meet up with my mates - job done.

Was at the Miss Leicestershire final last night - bumped into Knockeart - he was happy to chat and in the end I had to get rid of him as I was eyeing up one of the waitresses and wanted to slide in there before he clocked her.

The winner, Holly Desai, is an extremely pretty girl. Lucky you got to be there! And lucky you got to talk to Knocky. Did he start singing his own song lol?

Been there. When I was at Sainsbury's I worked Friday nights, went to the football on a Saturday then went to work straight after, then worked Sunday afternoon... Pretty poor in terms of social life, yeah, but I was at college during the day at time so I was learning IT then earning in the evening. Allowed me to buy stuff like a car etc.

At uni now though so I think I've caught up all the times I missed out :D

Been there. When I was at Sainsbury's I worked Friday nights, went to the football on a Saturday then went to work straight after, then worked Sunday afternoon... Pretty poor in terms of social life, yeah, but I was at college during the day at time so I was learning IT then earning in the evening. Allowed me to buy stuff like a car etc.

At uni now though so I think I've caught up all the times I missed out :D

Ha you think thats bad. I used to work as a mechanical fitter in power stations around the country. I would work 10 hours a day (sometimes 12), everyday with every fourth weekend off. My weekend off would be spent with my wife and kids before going away again for another 26 day stint with no day off sweating away in a hot turbine hall surrounded by noise. Did that for 6 years, lost all contact with mates i grew up with. Didnt know what the words 'social life' meant.  

God im glad i got out that game

The winner, Holly Desai, is an extremely pretty girl. Lucky you got to be there! And lucky you got to talk to Knocky. Did he start singing his own song lol?

Yes she is , she won the sports woman round that we hosted at The Gym a few weeks back - she is incredibly fit (in a fitness sense).

That was a good night too - 18 tidy birds all in the sports round - all the male staff decided to turn up and were like bloody peacocks.

To be fair they all looked stunning last night.

No he didn't unfortunately, he seemed genuinely grateful when I congratulated him on winning promotion. Should have asked him wtf happened on Tuesday!

Edited by FoxesAreBlue

Day off.Finished weekly shop,cleaned all the house and cut the lawns.Do I get a medal ?

Mrs off to London soon to get her race number for this weekend Marathon.We are all excited this end as it's her first.All donation targets hit and had a small piece and picture in " take a break" magazine,the mag is a bit depressing to say the least .

She is running for Banardo's and they have a private party afterwards for the 100 runners and family.massages etc Natalie Dormer From Game of Thrones is running for them.so here is hoping.

Edited by cambridgefox