Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
BigGibbo

How Was Your Day?

Lee?

Yesterday (Thursday) we did some mock scenarios about what advice on the criteria for finding accommodation if somebody came to housing options or an ordanisation seeking help.

There are a list of bands that they would be catagorised in.

Any mental issues is top. Not having a local connection is bottom but there are a few inbetween and ifs and buts It also depends on whether the person was intentionally homeless IE. walked out of a family home or did not like where they lived.

One scenario was a woman who had mild asthma and claimed where she was staying affected it so she left. The landlord had brought inspectors  in to check and passed it OK. So she was not classed as urgent.

Another was a ex-soldier who was from Nottingham no family living and diagnosed with PTSD. Because of this he would be priority.

But saying this they still have to offer an emergency bed for one night then move them on the next day.

We do not know how long DNO is carry on but we are trying to set up an advice service for people before they go to the housing so to explain the process to them. We are independent so will come across more friendly.hey

We are carrying on ATM the best we can.

Our editor - co-ordinator was interviewed by a research team from Leicester University about the work and vulnerable people as part of a study they are doing which will include Europe. They have also interviewed Peter Soulsby and other Councillors and reps from other groups. They said his feedback came across as more sincere and genuine.

Just looked at how much I have just written. Never meant to write this much. Hope it is not too boring. I don't mind if you skip it.

Edited by Rincewind

Apparently they used shipping containers as temporary accommodation a lot in New Zealand after the earthquakes there. Supposed to be surprisingly effective and you can stack them for multi storeys.

Have you read the other stories. I don't see any of them as 'scum' They all work or want to work.

Lee?

Yesterday (Thursday) we did some mock scenarios about what advice on the criteria for finding accommodation if somebody came to housing options or an ordanisation seeking help.

There are a list of bands that they would be catagorised in.

Any mental issues is top. Not having a local connection is bottom but there are a few inbetween and ifs and buts It also depends on whether the person was intentionally homeless IE. walked out of a family home or did not like where they lived.

One scenario was a woman who had mild asthma and claimed where she was staying affected it so she left. The landlord had brought inspectors  in to check and passed it OK. So she was not classed as urgent.

Another was a ex-soldier who was from Nottingham no family living and diagnosed with PTSD. Because of this he would be priority.

But saying this they still have to offer an emergency bed for one night then move them on the next day.

We do not know how long DNO is carry on but we are trying to set up an advice service for people before they go to the housing so to explain the process to them. We are independent so will come across more friendly.hey

We are carrying on ATM the best we can.

Our editor - co-ordinator was interviewed by a research team from Leicester University about the work and vulnerable people as part of a study they are doing which will include Europe. They have also interviewed Peter Soulsby and other Councillors and reps from other groups. They said his feedback came across as more sincere and genuine.

Just looked at how much I have just written. Never meant to write this much. Hope it is not too boring. I don't mind if you skip it.

Putting that bit at the end of your post is a bit redundant really.

• Like 2

Apparently they used shipping containers as temporary accommodation a lot in New Zealand after the earthquakes there. Supposed to be surprisingly effective and you can stack them for multi storeys.

The Aussies put asylum seekers in them.

Cladding, air conditioning, all the mod cons

Woke up at 5am to the lounge ceiling pouring with water. The boiler thermostat was broken and the relief pipe not connected properly. Sofa soaked, coffee table stained, me pissed off and exhausted. Plumber takes all day to move the boiler outside (never heard of this before) and then tonight while washing the kids we get more water out the light fixtures on to the previously dry sofa. Very pissed off.

Edited by BaltimoreBlue

Tried Lloyd Grossman's green Thai curry for first time. It was also my first time trying Thai curry as well. I thought it was very weak,is it usually weak or is it a case of best cooked by an authentic restaurant? 

Edited by ChickenBoy

Woke up at 5am to the lounge ceiling pouring with water. The boiler thermostat was broken and the relief pipe not connected properly. Sofa soaked, coffee table stained, me pissed off and exhausted. Plumber takes all day to move the boiler outside (never heard of this before) and then tonight while washing the kids we get more water out the light fixtures on to the previously dry sofa. Very pissed off.

im not surprised buddy.Good luck with that.
  • Like 1

Got free tickets through work for Fleetwood-Morecambe. Huuuuuuuuuuuuume got an equaliser late doors and Kevin Ellison is such a cvnt he got abuse from the corporate seats. To be fair he gave it back too.  lol

Few pints this evening, now just need to rest up for Reading on Monday. Could get hectic.  :cool:

Tried Lloyd Grossman's green Thai curry for first time. It was also my first time trying Thai curry as well. I thought it was very weak,is it usually weak or is it a case of best cooked by an authentic restaurant?

Get yourself a proper imported green curry paste from the world foods section or an asian supermarket along with plenty of chillis. For me green curry is best suited for being quite a mild, summer time dish though. Red curry is better if you want it more fiery. Worth trying massaman curry as well which for my money is much tastier than either green or red