Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
BigGibbo

How Was Your Day?

Yes I have, or I wouldn't of mentioned it, in the first place  :thumbup:

So it was an "I don't know" then if you might be going on one

If Kingfox can snare himself a date, there is hope for every single man out there. (Including Lamby)

I'm trying, not had one since December though :(

You've just posted one of my favorite clips from one of my favorite shows Well done, Sir.

However you then compared it to Lamby. I feel violated that my mind with now think of Lamby every time i look at my father Ted DVD's!!!!!!

If Kingfox can snare himself a date, there is hope for every single man out there. (Including Lamby)

I thought we were starting to get on alright  :o

So it was an "I don't know" then if you might be going on one

No it wasn't.

Now shut up and get back to posing in train stations.

Doesn't that only work if people click like on you? What chance has Lamby got?

That woman who told her daughter to get pregnant, would be very ideal for Lamby.

as for my day.. well after work last night i went to an animal auction and bought some young chickens. They are 5 weeks old. If i had bought them from a supplier they'd of been $12 each but from an auction they were only $3.25 each :D Bought an old childrens out door play house and converted that into a coop  The last couple of weeks i have been framing in a chicken coop run.  put a bunch of chicken wire on it last night but im a firm believer in keeping happy animals and so these chickens wiull free range  on good days - the chicken wire fenced in area is for their own protection from possums and racoons who LOVE chickens.  so.. today ' my babies' will be moving into their new home :)

as for my day.. well after work last night i went to an animal auction and bought some young chickens. They are 5 weeks old. If i had bought them from a supplier they'd of been $12 each but from an auction they were only $3.25 each :D Bought an old childrens out door play house and converted that into a coop The last couple of weeks i have been framing in a chicken coop run. put a bunch of chicken wire on it last night but im a firm believer in keeping happy animals and so these chickens wiull free range on good days - the chicken wire fenced in area is for their own protection from possums and racoons who LOVE chickens. so.. today ' my babies' will be moving into their new home :)

My mum and dad keep chickens in our garden. We buy them from Melton Market for around £4 each though my dad paid around £15 for a young bantam a few years back. We always try to have 4 at most, though at the minute we've only got 3. They are free range also and just have free run of the garden which is massive, they are out everyday and now the evenings are getting lighter they are out for around 10 hours a day.

Touch wood we've only ever lost one to a fox in 9 years, had a few scares though when foxes have came into the garden but luckily they were in their coop.

Lovely pets to have and you can't half tell the difference with the eggs that we get from them compared to supermarkets.

My mum and dad keep chickens in our garden. We buy them from Melton Market for around £4 each though my dad paid around £15 for a young bantam a few years back. We always try to have 4 at most, though at the minute we've only got 3. They are free range also and just have free run of the garden which is massive, they are out everyday and now the evenings are getting lighter they are out for around 10 hours a day.

Touch wood we've only ever lost one to a fox in 9 years, had a few scares though when foxes have came into the garden but luckily they were in their coop.

Lovely pets to have and you can't half tell the difference with the eggs that we get from them compared to supermarkets.

Absolutely right on both accounts. I love watching them forage - so funny and the eggs - well its just impossible to go out for breakfast and have eggs when you have your own free range eggs..

And may i take this opportunity again to mention the British Hen welfare trust....

at about 18 months of age battery hens ( who we all know live in terrible conditions ) usually have a small drop in their egg production which makes them no longer financially viable for the battery farm owners. Who then kill them off. Which often costs the farmers money.

The British Hen welfare trust  offers to take them off the farmer and re-homes them to anyone who wants them for free They still produce 4-5 eggs a week and its actually quite nice to see them see the sunshine for the first time and stuff like that.

Anyway, check their website out:

https://www.bhwt.org.uk/

as for my day.. well after work last night i went to an animal auction and bought some young chickens. They are 5 weeks old. If i had bought them from a supplier they'd of been $12 each but from an auction they were only $3.25 each :D Bought an old childrens out door play house and converted that into a coop  The last couple of weeks i have been framing in a chicken coop run.  put a bunch of chicken wire on it last night but im a firm believer in keeping happy animals and so these chickens wiull free range  on good days - the chicken wire fenced in area is for their own protection from possums and racoons who LOVE chickens.  so.. today ' my babies' will be moving into their new home :)

Helped my mate a month ago with his refurb!keeps them at his allotment ,coop and huge run,however the run was getting wet in the winter so we have attached some heavy duty polythene over half to give them some dryness.Dont know whether this us the right thing to do.

He also had a a problem with a bullying cock bird,so much so he gave it to another keeper.is this common?

Good.

Yesterday the gaffer was ill and one result of that was that the Regional gave me a task to complete at very short notice (ie drop everything and do it immediately).

The task set was something way above my knowledge and skill base and was going right to the boys at the top of the Ivory Tower. The CEO and the board, and HAD to be completed yesterday afternoon.

I did my best and emailed it to the gaffer yesterday to make any edits and to send on up the chain. Today the feedback from the boys at the top was that it was excellent, "above and beyond" what was expected and even my bossman said "thanks, good work" (very rare - in fact I think that's the first!) and told me that he didn't make a single edit before sending it up.

• Like 3

Good.

Yesterday the gaffer was ill and one result of that was that the Regional gave me a task to complete at very short notice (ie drop everything and do it immediately).

The task set was something way above my knowledge and skill base and was going right to the boys at the top of the Ivory Tower. The CEO and the board, and HAD to be completed yesterday afternoon.

I did my best and emailed it to the gaffer yesterday to make any edits and to send on up the chain. Today the feedback from the boys at the top was that it was excellent, "above and beyond" what was expected and even my bossman said "thanks, good work" (very rare - in fact I think that's the first!) and told me that he didn't make a single edit before sending it up.

Payrise time!

Helped my mate a month ago with his refurb!keeps them at his allotment ,coop and huge run,however the run was getting wet in the winter so we have attached some heavy duty polythene over half to give them some dryness.Dont know whether this us the right thing to do.

He also had a a problem with a bullying cock bird,so much so he gave it to another keeper.is this common?

Some people can't Even walk through certain areas without being attacked by their cockerall.

But if you mean amongst just the other birds. Two cockeralls in the same flock will often fights- one will always want to be dominant. Some fight until the death. Young cockeralls can be quite mean to the hens. It's all about trying to let them know who is boss. Young cockeralls are often. Clumsy and a bit aggressive when mating too- often pulling out feathers from the back of the neck. Again in a show of domination.

Guest Col city fan

3 years since my dad died today,gave my mum a call to make sure she was ok.As per usual she was!My mum is so strong and matter of fact about those sort of things,so it's always made it easy for us to deal with.Does that sound bad? It isn't meant to we just deal with things differently.i question myself sometimes,my Dad supported Norwich so you would think I would have a soft spot.no,I fooking hate them and that's how it will remain.

Hope you're ok buddy...