Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
BigGibbo

How Was Your Day?

Found out earlier that 2 people I know, they are in their overdrafts by 2k. Is that a common thing with students?

I know being a student, you're dirt poor but still. Christ. I only have a £100 one and barely had to use it

It's pretty normal.

But goodness don't follow the norm.

If you can get out of uni as debt free as Humanly possible, you'll have a great head start over your friends.

They'll be working to pay off their debts, you'll be working to improve your quality of life.

Found out earlier that 2 people I know, they are in their overdrafts by 2k. Is that a common thing with students?

I know being a student, you're dirt poor but still. Christ. I only have a £100 one and barely had to use it

Think I'm £700 into mine, but only because I don't get a maintenance loan and it's an interest free overdraft. Have plenty of money to keep me going in other accounts.

I'm very wise with my money (people say I'm "tight" I just think I'm good with money) and have never touched my overdraft. My accounts look healthy, and I include my student account when I say that.

But one of my housemates is really poor. He doesn't get a great amount of loan because of his parents' earnings, and he struggles to pay. In fact, our landlord keeps ringing him and even came 'round last week.

Fairly common - I know people who's rent is higher than their loan, they're straight into the red before they even have a chance to think about food etc.

Guest Col city fan

Just been out to the Mill-on-the-Soar with her indoors to have a 'steak meal'.

Disappointing. . My 'medium rare' was well done.

:angry:

Not a bad day.

Going on holiday for a few days tomorrow. Going to stay at this place http://threetreehill.co.za/

Looking forward to getting away.

This is particularly interesting:

Spioenkop or Spion Kop?

The name Spion Kop (Spy [Lookout] Hill) was given to this impressive hill by the Voortrekkers in 1837. This was the original Dutch spelling and is still the English version. Spioenkop is the modern Afrikaans spelling. So, as you wish.

‘The Kop’ at Anfield

The Lancashire Brigade comprised the majority of the force on Spioenkop, hence the ‘Kop End’ at the home of Liverpool Football Club, Anfield. Indeed had you visited any football ground between Leeds and Liverpool 100 years ago the home supporters’ end would have been a mound of earth and rubble from which the locals watched their team. It reminded them of the stories of ‘Spion Kop’ in the Boer War and over the years ‘Spion Kop’ became ‘The Kop’. As these mounds became grand stands some of them kept their names, the most famous being Anfield.

Edited by BaltimoreBlue
  • Like 1

Interesting developments with DNO. Hush hush ATM, Suffice to say we are looking at becoming a CIC (Community Interest Company)No details yet.

So it's a secret you're becoming a CIC but there are no details and it's hush hush ?

Ken, you make me laugh.

Not a bad day.

Going on holiday for a few days tomorrow. Going to stay at this place http://threetreehill.co.za/

Looking forward to getting away.

This is particularly interesting:

Spioenkop or Spion Kop?

The name Spion Kop (Spy [Lookout] Hill) was given to this impressive hill by the Voortrekkers in 1837. This was the original Dutch spelling and is still the English version. Spioenkop is the modern Afrikaans spelling. So, as you wish.

‘The Kop’ at Anfield

The Lancashire Brigade comprised the majority of the force on Spioenkop, hence the ‘Kop End’ at the home of Liverpool Football Club, Anfield. Indeed had you visited any football ground between Leeds and Liverpool 100 years ago the home supporters’ end would have been a mound of earth and rubble from which the locals watched their team. It reminded them of the stories of ‘Spion Kop’ in the Boer War and over the years ‘Spion Kop’ became ‘The Kop’. As these mounds became grand stands some of them kept their names, the most famous being Anfield.

Preston's was the first Kop if I remember correctly.

Preston's was the first Kop if I remember correctly.

Was just reading up on it due to BB's post and it seems it was Woolwich Arsenal (so pre-move to north London) in 1904.

Edited by Facecloth

Er, so get a ****ing job?

I worked through uni and never had an overdraft.

I got shit loads in grants lol Maybe that helped a bit

That being said I must have spent half of my first year loan on rent and the other half on weed and gambling lol

I remember your post "You had your first bong hit?" lol lol

Edited by eastfox

Haha yeah I remember you starting uni and then immediately popping up in the legalise weed thread. lol

Good lad!

Don't get me wrong, I pissed a lot of money away at uni but there's no way I'd have survived without a job. Had a few mates there whose parents carried them, crazy the money they got.

• Like 1

And your telling us because?......

Why, instead of letting company information out, don't you wait until it's official?

Good point. The news got the better of me.

No not a bank. A non profit making community company offering services to the community.

It'll probably get leaked now anyway ken. You've left everyone on tenterhooks and speculation is reaching fever pitch. I for one have put aside the day to find out whatever I can about the developments and there will be thousands doing the same. There's no way they will be able to keep such thrilling news down so you might as well just tell us now.

• Like 2

It'll probably get leaked now anyway ken. You've left everyone on tenterhooks and speculation is reaching fever pitch. I for one have put aside the day to find out whatever I can about the developments and there will be thousands doing the same. There's no way they will be able to keep such thrilling news down so you might as well just tell us now.

Take a hike. :)

• Like 1

Er, so get a ****ing job?

I worked through uni and never had an overdraft.

That's a lot easier said than done though, let's be honest. I wouldn't argue the opposite, if you've got no money left before you even start then obviously you need an extra source of income, but jobs you can work outside of uni hours for ~8/9 months of the year aren't exactly in bountiful supply outside of the students union, and even then there's only so many positions open to however many students.