Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
BigGibbo

How Was Your Day?

That's a lot easier said than done though, let's be honest. I wouldn't argue the opposite, if you've got no money left before you even start then obviously you need an extra source of income, but jobs you can work outside of uni hours for ~8/9 months of the year aren't exactly in bountiful supply outside of the students union, and even then there's only so many positions open to however many students.

You go and flood the highstreet and the local bars with CVs before everyone else you're going to get a part time job if you want one bad enough.

You're not looking for 20kpa you're looking for minimum wage to tide you over.

Problem is it takes out of your party time and a lot of students just don't want to actually graft.

• Like 2

You go and flood the highstreet and the local bars with CVs before everyone else you're going to get a part time job if you want one bad enough.

Problem is it takes out of your party time and a lot of students just don't want to actually graft.

What course did you take at Uni Finners?

I am at work and every willy puller in the world feels it is their duty to remind me that it's a bank holidays. Some of us have to work them you know! Bank holiday wankers

Did you know it's a bank holiday today? It great not being at work. :D

• Like 1

Up there for post of the year.

Jobs are there if people want it enough but like you said mate, it takes away from party time and means grafting.

I generally agree with what you are saying here but this isn't possible for all courses. I had far fewer nights out that my housemates simply because I found my course so difficult and had to spend many evenings working just to make sure I got through each year. That said, I made damn sure I got a job in the Summer break and where it didn't interfere with the course, the Easter and Christmas breaks too.

Any student who tells you there aren't any jobs outside of Uni hours is a ****ing liar.

How do you think the vast majority of bars / restaurants / takeaways etc are staffed?

You work part time during the year to cover food and rent then during the summer work full time. If you work on the floor in hospitality, you should earn enough over Christmas to tide you over for Jan/ Feb if you are sensible.

Edited by FoxyPV

Any student who tells you there aren't any jobs outside of Uni hours is a ****ing liar.

How do you think the vast majority of bars / restaurants / takeaways etc are staffed?

You work part time during the year to cover food and rent then during the summer work full time. If you work on the floor in hospitality, you should earn enough over Christmas to tide you over for Jan/ Feb if you are sensible.

I'd hate to work at Hospitality. 

You want to be getting wrecked, not working.

I am at work and every willy puller in the world feels it is their duty to remind me that it's a bank holidays. Some of us have to work them you know! Bank holiday wankers

I feel ya man. In til half 9 tonight. Looks like fantastic weather for a bank holiday beer garden special too, I can see the pub over the road and I really want to be there not here all day :(